Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
184 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Well I didn't do much yesterday and I paid the price. Felt like crap most of the day after I woke up from a nap. Today I'm gonna get my ass in gear and do a few things around here.(poet and didn't know it). There is always something that need attention. So it's a quick shower and I'm gonna get crackin. Getting lost in a project is the quickest way to forget about how you feel. The next thing you know, you feel pretty good.(most of the time) Let's see how that works for me. Have a great day.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 11:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So if you recall my story about Samantha popping her f-bomb cherry in the bath tub the other night, you'll laugh again here. Last night my wife and I were getting her ready for a bath again and had her on the bed. My wife was changing a horrible diaper. My wife said something to the effect of "oh that's bad". Samantha, without skipping a beat, looked right at her and said "F*&K". I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard. My wife, too. We couldn't control ourselves. I know, I know...it's bad. But it's funny. I'm just waiting for her to do it on Sunday in church! We really have to curb this, though. At least she didn't repeat it 10 times like the other night. Of course my wife blames me....go figure.

Didn't get anything done on the motor yet. I got home from work last night and was alone so I went for a little run. Just 1/ 1/2 miles, and I was cramping at the end. I really need to start pushing myself a little more. My goal is 4-5 miles by June 15th.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/12 11:32

PeteK Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Another day at the home office for me. I will have been off the road for over 2 weeks before I grab next weeks flight to Louisiana. Feels strange to be home so many days in a row.
Gotta call my buddy Tom this morning. I just got the word his 43 year old sister passed away tuesday after a 6 year battle with cancer. Left behind 3 teenage children, husband, and golden retriever.
Reminds us that the tiny bullshit problems in the normal day are not big problems at all.
Hope everyone has a decent day.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 11:37

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus,

Car Show meeting last night from 5PM - 9PM, I didn't get home until 10:30. Then couldn't get to sleep until late. Needless to say, I feel like crap this morning. We have less than four weeks until our show and there are so many loose ends to pull together. Maybe next year I'll let someone else take the reins.

Have a good day guys
I'll chat some more later.

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Reminds us that the tiny bullshit problems in the normal day are not big problems at all.

Amen
I hope the family heals quickly, but that is a tough one, as she is so young.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 11:50

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!
I went for a little run. Just 1/ 1/2 miles, and I was cramping at the end. I really need to start pushing myself a little more. My goal is 4-5 miles by June 15th.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Shouldn't be a big problem. If you run a 1/4 mile four times a week, by June 15th you will have run between 4 and 5 miles.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 12:02

itlgo2 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Guru Newb
Missouri
288 Posts

Mornin..... what's Guru with you?

Well the day has arrived with a stormy flurrish.
The C4 / ZR1 Gathering is starting.
I had 5 Zr1 owners from, Idaho, 2 from South Dakota, Nebraska, and Missouri in the bar monday night for dinner drinks and conversation, on their caravan to
Bowling Green,Kentucky. James from Kansas arrived last night, and is spending the night at our house, this morning our small caravan, of James, Kansas, John, Iowa, driving in the rain this morning, Robert from O'fallon, Mo and myself will be making the trek starting at 11am. I hope these thunderstorms pass through quickly, thank god, i spent 10 hours detailing the car, for the rain goblins. I'll post a pic now and then from the "Gathering"
Any of you that has not attended the event, or been to 'Mecca" BG, Kentucky, should plan on goin next year.
wish me luck....
Posted on: 2010/5/12 12:31

Livin_the_dream Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Gotta call my buddy Tom this morning. I just got the word his 43 year old sister passed away Tuesday after a 6 year battle with cancer. Left behind 3 teenage children, husband, and golden retriever.

Thats so true Pete , my condolences to your buddy. You know its real easy not to believe it or think you know thats sad but it won't happen to me. Took a whole slew of docs and nurses to convince me I was lucky ( 2 pulmonary embolism's at age 45). And while I live life for me the further away I get from that event it starts sounding surreal. But I got pretty relaxed about what I let bother me and still am.
Headed home tonight and hopefully get some play time in the garage!
Posted on: 2010/5/12 12:43

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Whoa, sorry to hear about your friend's sister, Pete - that is way too young!

I'd like to go to BG someday, that would be a blast. We're going to go to the Black Hills Corvette Classic this year, first big Corvette event for us.

I'm still thawing out from last night's golf - it was a balmy 44 degrees with a little rain spitting from time to time. I birdied two of the first 3 holes, and should've quit right then and there.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 13:12

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

That's a bad deal Pete. Your right, things we fret over can be minuscule in comparison. I would love to go to BG for the C4/ZR1 get together. Birdie two of the first three? Brad you must be a great golfer! I haven't had a birdie in more than a year.

Kids are a little better today, it's cloudy and a high expected of about 60, so it has cooled the heals of the kids as well as the air. Seniors only have 6 more days. We have 7 of the 8 workbenches sanded, I guess I'd better acquire some polyurethane to put on them.

Hope everyone has a great Weds.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 14:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

It sounds like we've got happy and sad news in the chat this morning - but I guess that's how life is! Condolences to your friend, Pete.

Gonna get some things done around the house and small things done for work before heading out for a CT scan. Then back home to dive into a larger work project when I have a bigger chunk of time.

Happy Wednesday!
Posted on: 2010/5/12 16:11

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 12, 2010

malapert
\MAL-uh-purt\

adjective:
1. Unbecomingly bold or saucy.

noun:
1. A malapert person.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 16:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 12, 2010

malapert
\MAL-uh-purt\

If one town is 10 miles east and the other town is 10 miles west, the two towns are 20 malapert.
Posted on: 2010/5/12 16:33

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 05.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Birdie two of the first three? Brad you must be a great golfer! I haven't had a birdie in more than a year.

Brad's golf course:

Resized Image

I'd also love to go to the C4 gathering. I think it's around a 9 hour drive for me. Maybe next year once everything is running and tested out.

Pete - best wishes for your friend and his family.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/12 23:52

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Maybe he meant the help of a birdie ....

Posted on: 2010/5/13 0:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.