Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Mr_Mojo My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Well as most of you already know, I was stripped of my moderator duties at CF. Does it hurt? Yes it does. Does it leave a bad taste in my mouth?Yes. Will I still post at CF? Yes, but not like I used to.

The story starts back in 2001 whan after 18 months of membership, Troy asked me to become a Moderator. At the same time, Marcho Polo and thrills were also asked.

The C4 sections were always the busiest sections of the forum thanks to many people who are now here at Guru.
Yes we had a lot of arguments and fights and people got banned or whatever. To be honest, I don't remember most of the people I ever had to slap a wrist on. I've had a few minor issues with some folks here and it's nothing personal, I hope you know that.

I was also the lead Moderator of the Northeast Events section, probably the most troublesome section outside of Politics, Religion and Controversy.

I was accused of being a Nazi dictator on more than one occasion and I banned a lot of trolls in that section, some as many as a dozen times(with new names).

For the most part I got respect from the general membership. I've been to every single Cruise In, most of the Skyline drives, I missed Carlisle last year, but made the previous seven. I've run seven of my own Crab Trips to Delaware, sometimes twice a year. I've cohosted the 4th of July Megabash for the last six years. Planned many road trips, attended many carshows throughout the year. In other words, I've met a lot of people and made many friends both on and off the forum. I'm always willing to help anyone, anytime.(one reason why I got divorced). The new wife to be is a lot more understanding, so I will still be able to continue as I always have.

That brings us to the recent trouble at CF. We'll start with the NE EVents section.
We started a "bar" thread in order to restore order to the section. Personally I think bar threads are senseless, but it was a solution to a bigger problem. I had to shut down the entire NE section to sort out all teh trouble posts and PM those involved to get things back on track. The bar thread was the answer and it worked. About a year later, the members became more relaxed and started going against the rules and guidelines the forum had in place. Me, just doing myjob, would just edit, delete or move the offending posts and reply with a reason. Since the guys are too lazy to go back a page or two to catch up, the simply went on doing it again. So I shut it down to get their attention. It worked. During the shutdown, a member contacted Savewave and said I was being, for lack of a better word, a douche. This is the second time this member has done something to me that makes me want to smash his face in if I ever see him again. So Savewave reopened the bar, removed my privileges in the NE and C6 sections, and kept me on the C4 sections.
The people of the NE still continue to break forum rules, some of them the same rules that got many of you guys banned, but yet they can stay.
This was all going on at the same time the multiple bannings were occurring in C4. So you can see I had a lot on my plate. Add to that that some of my Drag Racing friends were having trouble as well, so that was three problems all laid on me.
The short sweet answer was to remove me as a Mod and let whatever hapens happen. Not a good decision if you ask me, but hey, they are the bosses.
I fought for you guys to get reinstated and they wouldn't accpet it, they stated my loyalty to you was greater than my loyalty to the forum. Not necessarily the truth, but not exactly false either.
You guys are my brothers and I will do anything I can to help any of you no matter what. I am now one of you more than I ever was.
I had asked for help in the C4 sections long ago and never got it. I nominated bogus for C4 as well as Audio,CFI-EFI for C4, Rex Ruby and corvetteronw. There were a few others as well, but none of them got the job. The Admins never really gave me a reason why and then shit started happening with one or more of you on different issues and then all of a sudden, it didn't appear to be the right thing to do making any of them Mods.
Instead they gave me a slew of C5/C6 guys to mod. These guys don't visit as often as I do and only handle reported posts. Sure some visited at first and cleaned up a little, but it will wear off once they get settled into their other sections.
So now the C4 section has no true C4 Mods, only night watchmen.
That section will crumble and become a free for all of trolls and misinformation.
I won't go into all the reasons why everyone who got banned, most of you know already from the message you received when you tried to log in, and also, I really don't know the answer.
Jeffvette had 10 usernotes against him which was one reason why he isn't allowed back.
Andy was promoting this site which is the reason they gave me for his ban.
Unfortunately now, I can't look up the usernotes on any of you to show past history.
But the bottom line is, does it matter anymore? I think not. We have a new home here and can make it better than CF ever was since most of the guys here made CF what it was.
There is no C4 brotherhood at CF anymore and likely there never will be.
I'm sure I left out a lot of details and at this point, I won't post the PM exchanges between me,Cor07vette and Savewave.
That may come at a later date.
I can't wait for this site to take off and become the best resource for Corvette owners of all generations. :thumbleft: :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/1/20 15:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

cuisinartvette RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Dang Mojo.....Sounds like you gave it your all ....THere are those of us who do notice and apprecaite your patience and leniency, apparently it got you in trouble. Id like to think these places are about the people but when it comes down to it guess its about money in the end. Sad.

You got a lot of friends here, hang out for awhile.
Its definitely changing at BrandX. THink Ive made less posts in a week than I used to make in a day. Be interesting to see what happens.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:07

Notorious RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

The fact that this is your home now is an asset to this place and will certainly add to it's continued growth.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:08

pianoguy RE:My story(most of it)
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:
The fact that this is your home now is an asset to this place and will certainly add to it's continued growth.

+1
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:15

tobijohn RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:

Absolutely. And knowing you're no longer a part of the CF C4 sections makes it seem, well, I'm not sure how to describe it. I don't drink (anymore) but it's kind of like when the place you've been hanging out at for years gets sold and a bunch of new faces are behind the bar, you can't run a tab anymore, no more going out back for whatever and they take all the old tunes out of the juke box and put in new crap. I hardly venture over there anymore and when I do, there aren't too many screen names I recognize...
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:25

AIRFOIL FREE!

Mr_Mojo RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely. And knowing you're no longer a part of the CF C4 sections makes it seem, well, I'm not sure how to describe it. I don't drink (anymore) but it's kind of like when the place you've been hanging out at for years gets sold and a bunch of new faces are behind the bar, you can't run a tab anymore, no more going out back for whatever and they take all the old tunes out of the juke box and put in new crap. I hardly venture over there anymore and when I do, there aren't to many screen names I recognize...
That's exactly how it is.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:44

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Dang Mojo.....Sounds like you gave it your all ....THere are those of us who do notice and apprecaite your patience and leniency, apparently it got you in trouble. Id like to think these places are about the people but when it comes down to it guess its about money in the end. Sad.

You got a lot of friends here, hang out for awhile.
Its definitely changing at BrandX. THink Ive made less posts in a week than I used to make in a day. Be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks, I did have fun while it lasted. Yes the money has become an issue. I never wanted to believe it, but in the end it was the $$$ that changed them.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 16:46

90EXPVette RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Martinez, Georgia
185 Posts

Hey Frank, good to see you here. Marcho Polo and Thrills, just those names bring back fond memories of how the forum used to be way back when. Red Crew/Blue Crew...that was a lot of fun! CF has really gone downhill. I still visit occasionally but rarely post anymore, I spend what time I have online here and at DC.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 17:04

FLYINLOW90 RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Good to see you here Frank. I know you and I never met but we did PM when I was trying to help a CF member in a tough time a try to raise some funds for him.

You were great and made a sticky to help bring it to the attention of all the members. I must be tame but I never had any issues with the mods but in my short dealings with you, you seemed genuinly concerned about this issue and offered any help that I may have needed.

Knowing now how busy you were with some other garbage going on that was very nice of you to offer up your help.

I am sorry all your hard work "over there" seemed to get you tossed like a bag of garbage when they were done with you but we are happy to have you here.

You will and are certainly going to be an asset at The Guru.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/1/21 3:35

bogus RE:My story(most of it)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Frank,

To be honest, from what I have gleened and guessed, nothing you posted really shocks me.

What does get me is their secretive behaviour... why not admit they didn't want your "friends" to be mods? I even asked savewave to be a mod in audio and he never replied. Or was it cor99vett? I don't remember.

Either way, as an admin staff, they would get their hardons going and that was that. It was like some kinda popularity contest, and you had no idea you entered. I guess I was just a little too liberal for them, when it comes right down to it. I wasn't, and never will be, part of that 'good ole boy' network. I am 100% sure that's why I never got a mod title there.

However, for all of their stupidity and myopia, we are growing. All because of their desire to deny this place didn't exist. I find it fasinating that the more you do to squash information, the more people want to learn about it.

On the upside, Guru is growing! And we are all gonna be happy campers, right?!?!
Posted on: 2008/1/21 3:56

Rex_Ruby RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Quote:
Frank,

To be honest, from what I have gleened and guessed, nothing you posted really shocks me.

What does get me is their secretive behaviour... why not admit they didn't want your "friends" to be mods? I even asked savewave to be a mod in audio and he never replied. Or was it cor99vett? I don't remember.

Either way, as an admin staff, they would get their hardons going and that was that. It was like some kinda popularity contest, and you had no idea you entered. I guess I was just a little too liberal for them, when it comes right down to it. I wasn't, and never will be, part of that 'good ole boy' network. I am 100% sure that's why I never got a mod title there.

However, for all of their stupidity and myopia, we are growing. All because of their desire to deny this place didn't exist. I find it fasinating that the more you do to squash information, the more people want to learn about it.

On the upside, Guru is growing! And we are all gonna be happy campers, right?!?!

:withstupid]apples[/i] that spoil things for everyone.

Now this place feels the same that CF did all those years ago!
Posted on: 2008/1/21 4:22

biggrizzly RE:My story(most of it)
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Yep - Frank - I'm glad your here too! I never really chatted much with you before, but actually did meet you once in Carlisle but it was just for a few words at one of the meeting times, I think in 2004. You were indeed dedicated to the Forum and many people are thankful you were a part of that experience.

Anyhow, I joined CF in 2001 or so and cut my teeth on corvettes there with you as my Moderator. I learned a lot and am glad it was what it was then. I'm glad that I got to know all of the guys here while over there, to make the transition to this site feel like a comfortable place to be!

Cheers! O yeh, Thanks to Andy too!
Posted on: 2008/1/21 4:50

Steve85 RE:My story(most of it)
Guru Newb
Winchester, VA
28 Posts

That sucks man. I remember early on when your moderation approach had the underpinnings of making it a great place. I noticed that over the last year + it seemed you were so fed up... now we know why.

Are you going to continue going to the Cruise-In? There is talk here of Guru cruise ins which I would love to see. The last CI I had fun at you took pics of my drag wheels in the car. Not many C4's there and since the intro of the C6, if you don't hang out in OT....forget it about.

Anyway, hopefully the fun will quickly replace the bitter taste.
Posted on: 2008/1/21 4:58

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I will still go to the Cruise In for CF only because it does benefit the NCM and I am one of the few who have actually attended all of them.
I think it would be great to see the looks on peoples faces(a certain few) when I show up and don't acknowledge them.
I still have some friends there, but few are from the C4 section. Not many of us left.
Here's a pic from CI-VIII,
L-R 87ragtop,ZRDon,Dr Evil,corvetteronw,96LT4,Mr Mojo,HP Bushrod and I forgot his username on the extreme right. We were the only ones there who still owned the cars we had when we signed on to CF the first time or still had C4's.

Resized Image
click here for full-size
Posted on: 2008/1/21 5:36

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I guess there is no way in hell I am ever going to a Cruise-In...
Posted on: 2008/1/21 6:21

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
I guess there is no way in hell I am ever going to a Cruise-In...
Aside from the fact that the Admins show up, it isn't a bad event. But if you don't know the OTer's, you won't "get" some of the jokes.
It is a fun week with autox,drag racing, food and lots of alcohol(I don't drink). I used to supply 2 kegs each year, but not this year and I may even change my mind and not go after all.
Posted on: 2008/1/21 12:51

cuisinartvette RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

I sometimes think about going to BG but with the time away from work, the cost, the fact that I probably wouldnt know anyone I just go to a local cruise here..I never quite fit in with the cliquey crowd anyway.

whip
Posted on: 2008/1/21 16:01

DrEvil RE:My story(most of it)
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

Frank, hopefully I'll still see you at an event or two. I still plan on going to the CI, if only to antagonize some people I could go on for days about how the CI used to be a fun free for all but has changed to an OT get together that has more to do with "I have more $$$than you do look at my new car" than just having a good time relaxing. Despite Adam B's best efforts the CI event has went downhill IMO.
You and I go way back on the forum, red crew, USS ZAD, burnout competitions etc. If nothing else we can get a C4GURU sticker on our window and show up :tongue: I'll still post over there some but as time goes by and this site develops I'll be here more and more I suspect. I still have alot of friends over there in the Southeast section.

FWIW, I think a guru get-together would be a great idea. Theres all kinds of possibilities. One thing that pops up at least in my mind would be regional events since many of us cant travel across the country. Instead of having our own track rentals or having a guru only event we could piggy back on some other events to keep it intresting, the participation up, and more activities at a lesser cost. For the Southeast we could get together at an event like the year one experience at Atlanta. Drag racing, autox, laps on road atlanta including an HPDE, car shows and vendors out the wazoo. Most of us are gearheads and car nutts anyways so this seems a perfect fit. Any input?
Posted on: 2008/1/21 16:46

Steve40th RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Hey Frank, Thanks for everything you did do over there.
I will try to get as many people over here as possible.
You are a class act Frank. Thanks again, Steve
Posted on: 2008/1/21 17:18

Mystic RE:My story(most of it)
Guru Newb
4 Posts

Hey Frank!!

Although I am not an active member here on Guru, word does travel! I have always considered you as one of the best sources of C4 information on the CF and yes I know about all the hassle some members gave you when they were banned - I had to deal with them on the other forum (which I am no part of anymore)

I think you found your home and you're with a bunch of really cool C4 guys and in time, I think you will become the C4 information center on the www.. Now that you're here, I'll come visit as well!

Wishing you the best

Have fun

Vinny
Posted on: 2008/1/21 18:40

brookside RE:My story(most of it)
Guru Newb
1 Posts

welcome mojo
Posted on: 2008/1/21 18:51

freakd RE:My story(most of it)
Master Guru
727 Posts

damn, i need to get my butt back in here. sorry about all your troubles :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/1/21 19:00

Jeffvette RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Frank, first of all thanks for everything you did over there. You held the C4 group together as long as you could. Just like all the other forums, the CF has become C5/C6 centric only. There are no C4 only vendors as there is for the C5 & C6 cars. Which is probably one reason why they don't give two shits about us.

I imagine one thing they did not like was the fact I was skirting as a vendor but not paying the astronomical 330 bucks a month to advertise. I'm small, a one man operation and there is no way I can afford 4,000 a year to advertise there.

Compound the fact that I have had some hot girl avatars (the one I currently have here got savewaves panties knotted up) and some run ins with retards on the forum. And they figured it was best for me to take my knowledge and leave. I plan on blocking all my images that I currently host on my websites and put up a hotlinking image to direct them to my website.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:02

C4DERF RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Mr Mojo will live forever in C4 forums in the www... and in the the C4Guru history books! WELCOME home where you belong!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:36

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

tobijohn RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
Mr Mojo will live forever in C4 forums in the www... and in the the C4Guru history books! WELCOME home where you belong!

I'm tellin' ya, it's a cult of personality...
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:37

Notorious RE:My story(most of it)
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

I'm tellin' ya, it's a cult of personality...

Wow, I feel so Egyptian!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:40

CFI-EFI Re: My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:
I had asked for help in the C4 sections long ago and never got it. I nominated bogus for C4 as well as Audio,CFI-EFI for C4, Rex Ruby and corvetteronw. There were a few others as well, but none of them got the job.
I actually had some PM exchanges with savewave. I asked him what was involved and we went back a forth on the responsibilities of the position. I was offered the job, but I didn't follow through on accepting it. I'm sure I wouldn't have lasted long, but wouldn't THAT have been a hoot!

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:53

vetteblondie RE:My story(most of it)
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I am not a very active member either, but do feel at ease knowing there will be folks here that are nice to speak with and that are helpful, especially to those of us chicks who are still learning their way around their cars like me. Thanks!!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 4:10

Oaklands RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I look forward to meeting you in the future. I will be at the cruise in this year with my wife. It will be our first one.

Bogus, What are the chances of us getting some C4Guru shirts before we go? Would look mighty cool!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 5:36

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Shirts? We are looking into the licensing issues.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 5:45

sprint7677 RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Oxford, Pa
127 Posts

I like it here!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 5:50

runner140 RE:My story(most of it)
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Frank, I think they went to a corporate philosophy and not a forum philosophy. Glad your here now. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/1/22 13:44

Oaklands RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

Quote:
Shirts? We are looking into the licensing issues.

I could probably go over to Pigeon Forge and get me one created. Might just do that for the hell of it. First I will have to come up with a catch phrase. Uh oh, probably going to have a headache coming on because I will be using my brain!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 19:25

CentralCoaster RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
the more you do to squash information, the more people want to learn about it.

100%. And it applies to the bannings and questioned moderation as well. The best way they could solve subversion, is by not giving it any attention.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 23:56

dan0617 RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

We should get our own group together at Corvettes at Carlisle this year. I'm going to go this year. Couldn't make it last year, and it was my first year with a vette. Anyone else going? Also, the invention of Guru T-shirts is a must!
Posted on: 2008/1/23 0:35

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I would definitely be in for a shirt or two.
Posted on: 2008/1/23 0:40

CentralCoaster RE:My story(most of it)
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I can't even get along with the Corvette owners in my own town, why would I travel cross country to find more of them I dislike?

Actually, now that I think of it, I've gotten along with every single C4 owner I've met here in SoCal. It's just that they make up about 1% of the Corvette population here.
Posted on: 2008/1/23 1:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.