Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

As well as unprotected sex with multiple partners, drug abuse and driving fast. This only confirms what I already know. It's better to burn out than fade away.

Read this ...........

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/22 ... m-in-grave-condition.html
Posted on: 2011/10/24 2:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Don't bother listening to this unless you crank it up.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 2:35

TommyT-Bone Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Gettin old ....
Hearing and vision depreciation.
Could be the concerts I went to back in 71 and 72. Even back then I was treating a glaucoma condition although I showed no symptoms at the time. I remember going to a Led Zepplin concert and not being able to hear properly till I woke up the next day. "Do it while your young enough to enjoy it" is a mantra I've heard over and over again. I'm so very happy I exposed myself then as I do now to new and exciting opportunities. I can not do everything I used to do but there are things that I can do now that I must do now because I won't be able to do them later. Does this make any sense to any of you or am I just nuts .... as usual?
Posted on: 2011/10/24 2:49

Matatk Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

I find it hard to believe that politicians could do any harm
Posted on: 2011/10/24 2:58

Matatk Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
am I just nuts .... as usual?

Posted on: 2011/10/24 2:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Check this out.. The guy was a smoker ........ Eeeuuuhhh.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/23 ... aham-auto-dealership.html
Posted on: 2011/10/24 11:42

BillH Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Gettin old ....
Hearing and vision depreciation.
Could be the concerts I went to back in 71 and 72. Even back then I was treating a glaucoma condition although I showed no symptoms at the time. I remember going to a Led Zepplin concert and not being able to hear properly till I woke up the next day. "Do it while your young enough to enjoy it" is a mantra I've heard over and over again. I'm so very happy I exposed myself then as I do now to new and exciting opportunities. I can not do everything I used to do but there are things that I can do now that I must do now because I won't be able to do them later. Does this make any sense to any of you or am I just nuts .... as usual?

Yep, rock & roll.
Saving all your money so you can think about that plie of cash while you're sittin' on the porch cause you're too old to get up by yourself doesn't cut it.

But then, neither does sittin' on the beach when you're young.
Posted on: 2011/10/24 12:32

Ultraman Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

What's the old saying....If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself...I used to have a cartoon of an old broken down geezer sitting in the doctors examination room and the doctor is telling him...You know those extra 20 years you wanted with all that healthful living you did? This is them......
Posted on: 2011/10/24 13:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

CentralCoaster Re: [PR&C] Why smoking, eating and drinking to excess might be good for you.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

"Do it while your young enough to enjoy it" is a mantra I've heard over and over again.

Agreed, same applies to hard drugs. I rode a mechanical bull this weekend and my arm is sore as hell. But 20 years from now it'd probably rip my arm out of the socket.

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/CentralCoaster/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDIxLTAwMTY4LmpwZw.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/CentralCoaster/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDIxLTAwMTc3LmpwZw.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt181/CentralCoaster/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDIxLTAwMTc4LmpwZw.jpg[/IMG]

Its too bad financial planning doesn't work backwards also. No sense having a bunch of cash if you're too old to leave the house. I think the trick is to not save for retirement, and do more and more risky activities as time passes. I recommend things like skydiving or scaling highrises where there is a low chance of injury.
Posted on: 2011/10/24 15:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

Posted on: 2011/10/24 15:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.