Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid pump not priming
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Can't get the stupid fuel pump to turn on for two seconds. Have hot wired it so it's not the pump itself, no loose/damaged wires, FP is good, ALL relays related to it are good, trust me, I checked. Got plenty of gas. Just not getting the pump started. Why won't it turn on. It's got power, fuses are good. If I just knew that one little thing that's making it misbehave, I could make the fue pump turn on.

P.S. I am selling the corvette. Sorry, I am getting it a decent paintjob and away it goes. Im tired of not being able to drive this car. Out of 7 years, I have not even gotten to drive it for 4 months straight without a problem. Im tired of replacing NEW STUFF with more new stuff. The car blows things up. No mechanics want to touch it. Even the chevy place turned me away after being up there so much. It's a lemon....Found a Early 2000s Mach1. Pretty sweet. Checking into that right now. Won't be up for sale anytime soon soon but soon enough to where I am looking....Sorry chevy but you failed me.

Don't go on the rant about C4s need tender love and care. I built this car up from ground up. New parts fail and then are replaced with more new parts and I want a car that's going to drive for 3 months straight without a breakdown and call AAA or have to change something.

It's not my fault or the mechanics. It's just nobody wants to touch THIS specficic car because it's never done blowing things up. There are no shorts left, no relays blown. It's just something all the time.

Your C4s break alot of but near as much as mine.

Thats why I have not been on here in awhile. Just had to back away from the corvette thing for a bit. I gave it evertyhing I had.

I calculated EVERY SINGLE PENNY including tax from age 17 to this day right here and now fo that car.

I paid 10,000 for it.

After all parts, labor, warranties....34,703.89 Yep, over 3 times as much as I paid for the car in almost 7 years. That is NOT including my labor I put into it. I did 94% of the actual labor and bought parts on sale, in group purchases ect. This was all nessecary stuff.

That does not include the stupid stuff I put on it...So don't bring that into the equation as I was young and energetic and made most of that back up by selling the old/leftover parts.

I am debating on just stripping it for parts down to the bare frame. I could make some $$$ and buy the mach1 I suppose....Lot of new parts.....

Help me get the pump fixed so I can get a buyer!!!

Posted on: 2012/9/25 17:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: pump not priming
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

You are running into my biggest gripe... and don't expect it to be any better with Ford, either.

Aftermarket parts are junk. It's that simple. Even Delco and Delphi parts are suspect.

Add in the age and a lack of maintenance, you are running into all sorts of problems.

Even with the paint job, you won't get $6k for it... I would rather just sell it for what you can and wash your hands. Seriously.

As for the Mustang, be careful... they were owned by young punks with heavy right feet and could be worn out without even knowing it.

If I was your age, looking for a nice performance car that hasn't been beat to shit, get a 5th generation Honda Prelude with a 5sp stick. Great car, bullet proof and will not beat you up on maintenance.

I also think part of your problem has been dip shit mechanics. I have read your posts... and I think you never did find anyone with the right mental tools to work on the car, or, didn't want to rip of the kid with more money than brains type of thing.

Depending on the cost of that 'Stang, a nice early C5 may not be a bad choice, either... don't hate on Corvette's because your 86 was junk... the damned thing is 26 years old and was never properly cared for.

As for your fuel pump priming issue, you have a problem with the wiring or voltage. I don't care what you are saying, something is broken. And the only way you will find it is to test, with a DVM, the entire circuit. You have missed something - which is also what many of your past mechanics have done - missed something important, costing you unnecessary labour and parts costs.

I wish I was closer, I would help you debug the car and also learn the right mental approach to servicing it.

As a comparison, I bought my 1992 in 2000, for $16,800. Even with the latest issues, and the paint job, and the newer wheels, even with the stereo, I haven't hit $30k in total expense. And yes, I do my own work. This does not include, oil, gas, insurance or tires. You have those on all cars; however, some of those fees could be lower, without empirical data, I can't compare them.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 18:08

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vis_croceus Re: pump not priming
Senior Guru
VA
260 Posts

You including gas, insurance, etc. in that cost? In which case it seems reasonable for a teenager and a vette.

If $24k is just for parts for 'necessary' repair and maintenance as you imply, then man you really need to just stick with public transportation.

Posted on: 2012/9/27 0:17

bogus Re: pump not priming
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Vis - I was thinking the same thing...

That kinda of cash, with proper management, should have damned near restored that car.

Personally, I think it was a combo of knee jerk reactions and bad mechanics and no sense of focus.
Posted on: 2012/9/27 15:41

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.