Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
209 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid H3 present
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Well....my parents got me a h3 2006. 68,000 miles. It was a generous gift as I have chosen to save up but I want to take over the payments....so, what will be problematic. I didnt ask for the car. I was given it. It had a clean carfax. 3 service records. Alignment, body electrical test, and new tires. Im a little paranoid becausey 86 vette was a pos. whatcha think? Will post pics asap!!!

Its an auto also.
Posted on: 2013/4/2 17:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: H3 present
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

These are pretty good... the biggest problems seem to come from the plastic bits being a bit cheezy...

The engine, which might be the 4.2 litre I6 is real nice, just keep the fluids changed and you will be fine.

It's based on the Trailblazer... it's not a bad rig.
Posted on: 2013/4/2 18:43

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

rklessdriver Re: H3 present
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

This has a pretty decent engine and drive train it.

The engines do occasionally burn up coil packs but thats only after prolounged driving with worn out sprak plugs... as they have to work overtime to jump that huge gap..... It'll throw a misfire code.... best bet is to change the plugs for something good that last a long time.....

The engines also occasionally eat a valve seats... which is a big expensive problem to fix (fixed a few of these heads in my day) but it's not that common anymore and there is a speific year range (2004-2006) and VIN range you can look up to see if yours falls under. Check out service bulletin PIP3935D and PIP3935C which is a supplement to 07-06-01-011. IF it falls under the ranges listed it's probally already been fixed or it's about to crap out.....

Will

Posted on: 2013/4/2 19:44

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Ultraman Re: H3 present
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14723 Posts

We see them quite a bit out here and they are a pretty nice stout little truck....shouldn't give you a lot of trouble..
Posted on: 2013/4/2 20:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

NC Kid Re: H3 present
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Well guys....the h3 was a no-go. Put a deposit down till i drive it, found some issues, dealer said they wont fix it. Picked up a jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 realtime. 2009. Flawless. 56k miles on it. All service records. Driven by a handicapped older lady....found out full story. Love it. Been cruising alot!!!
Posted on: 2013/4/6 22:23

Durango_Boy Re: H3 present
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I would take a Cherokee over an H3 too. Good choice.
Posted on: 2013/4/6 22:50

Matatk Re: H3 present
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

The Jeep is very nice - sounds like a good find.
Posted on: 2013/4/7 20:00

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

NC Kid wrote:
Well guys....the h3 was a no-go. Put a deposit down till i drive it, found some issues, dealer said they wont fix it. Picked up a jeep cherokee laredo 4x4 realtime. 2009. Flawless. 56k miles on it. All service records. Driven by a handicapped older lady....found out full story. Love it. Been cruising alot!!!

Cherokee's are nice. Good choice, too.
Posted on: 2013/4/7 21:46

NC Kid Re: H3 present
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

It was a big joke with them. They had the H3 looking all nice, parents put a deposit down for me so theyd hold it so I could test drive it then get it. I checked it out witha fine tooth comb.

Problems: heated seats did not work, tires had bad places on them, rear seatbelt was jammed stuck, brake pads were thin, rotors were slightly warped, transmission fluid smelled burnd and was NOT red.

We got the deposit back. The Laredo is real nice. It has real time 4X4 so it has no button or levers to pull.

2009 said it is 48% power up front and 52% back. It looks great. I changed the oil, dealership was great, records, tires were new, fully loaded. Just a great all around car. I was looking for bling I guess. I am glad I found this. I do believe it's reliable.

I don't miss the corvette either. I would love to have another one but I don't miss my old one....Way to many problems and money wasted. It did teach me though. Glad to be back on the forum a little more.

Im still in college, engaged still lol, new jeep as you know about, familys great. I have a niece and a nephew. They are doing pretty good.

Im quite pleased with my life right now. I know I will have some more hardships down the road but who cares, thats life.

Also picked up another job. The grocery store did not work out but God blessed me and I found a good bank to work at. I am starting out as a teller but with my small bit of education, it could be worse. Still getting my degree(s).

So how is everyone else doing???

BTW, I did hear that the Jeep motor in the Laredo was a tough one to kill. It's the V6 model with an automatic transmission. I belive it's quadtech What do you think about the motors and everything? 56K miles was a steal in my opinion!

Cheers guys!!! Im off to do my small business managment test. 50 multiple choice/true false/essays. Wish me luck!!!
Posted on: 2013/4/7 22:34

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Generally speaking, sounds like things are looking up!!!

Working in a bank can be the start of a great career. Teller is the best way to learn the day-to-day processes and then learn more about finance. give good customer service, and you will be writing mortgages inside of 5 years!

Seriously, take classes and get at least an associates in business, then go get a bachelors in something like accounting or economics (nice compliment).

An associates in business has about all the theoretical class work as getting a bachelors, it's just that the 4 year degree has more crap wrapped around it - more math, more science, more history, etc. the core of the two is very similar.

The difference between my associates in MIS and a bachelors in MIS was only tech 3 classes...

The consider an MBA or yet another complimentary masters program to work with the business and economics... or even accounting and then do an MBA. Accounting would be great for banking or tax/investing.

In all of that, you can get your series 7 license and work that aspect.

As for the Jeep, the V6 is ok, but not great as the old I-6. The I-6 you can't kill. The V6 can be killed. Keep good oil - use Mobil 1 or equvilent in it - and you should be fine. IIRC, they are sludge motors, so a good synthetic should help a ton. If you just changed over to Mobil 1 in it, I would consider changing it out quickly. Like in 1000 miles.

Quadra-tech is a well proven system. Quite durable. Transfer case is the real issue, and it might last 120k miles or so. I would also consider a quality synthetic lube in that. See what Amsoil offers.

The transmissions are left over Mercedes units. Quite durable from what I hear.

Don't mess with it, and keep fluids good and it will be fine.

As for proving ATF is bad because it is burnt smelling or dark red is an urban legend. That's normal after some driving. What you are looking to sniff for is a sour or sweet chemical odor, proof someone slipped in an additive.
Posted on: 2013/4/8 0:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.