Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
259 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

corvetteronw Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

I have sold several things on the Bay over the years but never a vehicle. If this is not too much of a hassle then I will try the 91 next.
As some of you know I have a medical condition that is causing my memory to deteriorate. Vascular Dementia (Alzheimer's). I am trying to sell off all I can while I still have my s*** together. We have the house for sale now and will move to Florida to be near a couple of our kids who can help my wife when I get bad.
But - I am a Christian and am positive there is a better deal out there for me. This life was fun most of the time and kind of a bitch at others. I am cool with the whole thing though. None of us are getting out of here alive after all.
There is going to be one heck of a garage sale when the house goes as I have a ton of goodies in my pole barn and I will be selling them all at a reasonable price.
Anyway - I will update y'all on my eBay experience.
In case you want to look at the truck then just go to Ebay Motors and search for "Nissan Frontier" It is the only one in Lowell, Michigan listed for a $6,200 "buy it now". I would appreciate any criticism or tips. Being a car nut I have tended to over maintain it.
My son, his friend and my son in law are helping me to get my 91 running again. I will try eBay if it works with the truck. The guys have a great deal of engineering, computer skills, good-ol-boy smarts and mechanical skills between them. Mine are getting a bit shaky.
You guys and gals here have been a hoot!
Posted on: 2013/7/25 3:05

Matatk Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Ron, I am very sorry to hear about this. Having personal experience with my own family, I can relate to what you are dealing with. You will always be considered a friend to everyone on this forum, so keep that with you regardless of what car you have, where you are living, or whatever the circumstances dictate. We would like to keep you around as long as possible! Good luck with everything and feel free to ask for any help we can give.

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/7/25 3:15

pianoguy Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

What Matt said. Plus a heap of mojo coming your way, Ron.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 3:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

captmike13 Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Same here. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. More of the MOJO to ya.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 10:30

captmike13@yahoo.com

teebee Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Ron, I wish you the best possible in the coming days and pray for you. You were one of the first to greet me and make me feel welcome (over at the other place) when I first bought my 94 almost 10 years ago. And I have always considered you as a friend. This news comes as a shock, but I know life doesn't always deal us the hand that we want. God has an ultimate plan for us and I'm sure he will take care of you. My biggest regret for you is you never got your GS.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Tom
Posted on: 2013/7/25 12:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

BTW, I thought your pickup ad looked great. I don't know anything about prices for those trucks, but it certainly sounds reasonable for a reliable truck in good shape. Best of luck with the sale!
Posted on: 2013/7/25 12:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck Ron.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 12:32

Ultraman Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14736 Posts

Ron so very sorry to hear it. I have always appreciated your posts over the years. I also will pray for you and yours and I am glad that you are in God's family. Godspeed to you in the coming days......all our prayers go with you.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 12:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

bogus Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Ron... as I said in the email, life ain't fair.

Keep in touch... as long as you can.

hugs
Posted on: 2013/7/25 13:32

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

djxib Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Ron - sorry to hear that, sending Mojo.

Good luck with eBay...

Posted on: 2013/7/25 13:52

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

biggrizzly Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Ron... What all they said!! Coming your way... Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 15:13

1Fast04Vert Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Ron, I have certainly enjoyed your many posts and comments on CF and here. All the best to you and yours.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 17:34

EngineDoctor Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Master Guru
La Habra Ca.
791 Posts

Ron, my best wishes to you. I will pray for you and your family.
Posted on: 2013/7/25 21:12

corvetteronw Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Thanks everyone. You make me smile!
OK. Two days on the Bay. 150 or so views and 10 "watchers". My local mechanic has let me put the truck out in front of his shop with the price listed in the window along with a "details" flyer. I have buffed and waxed it up nice and she is shining like a chrome air cleaner at a car show on a sunny day.
When my house sells I will post up when my garage sale will be. Some lucky sun'vgun is going to waltz in there and find the tool bargain sale of the century. It will be a car guy's bonanza. Might be worth your while if you can get to the W Michigan area.
I have 3 guys coming over tonight to start on getting my 91 ready for sale. I have a 21 point check list of things to do. I doubt if we can get it all done this weekend though.
Kind of a neat thing to pass along: I posted my car for sale, in "as is" condition on the big Forum and explained why I was selling. Someone lowballed me a bit so I decided to pull the ad and get it running before selling. Well, one of the Forum members who had bought some used C4 badges from me about 5 months ago saw this and sent me a Paypal for an extra $50 saying that I was in his prayers and he felt he had under paid for the badges. He said that I could use the extra cash for gas money. Holy moly! They are still out there - good people! I do not need money. I need to get rid of STUFF. I felt he paid a very fair price for the badges. So - I offered him my C4 No Flex bars for cheap in order to reward him for his kindness. I got them off the car and they are going out today. These cost $500 from Vette2Vete plus shipping (I did not pay near that). I gave him a substantial discount. His C4 will now drive much better and no longer have the loosey goosey feeling with the targa off.
I will not publish his name as I am sure that he is not that kind of guy. He lives in Rhode Island. His kind heartedness to a stranger really lifted my spirits. Life can be great sometimes!
Posted on: 2013/7/26 14:06

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

oh, man... nice people doing nice things restores my hope in society... sniff.
Posted on: 2013/7/26 21:44

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Well that was fun and interesting! Sold it to a local guy who only lived about 1/2 hour away. I got close to what I wanted. He saw the eBay ad and messaged me so we could meet. He did a test drive this morning and brought his wife back to look at it in the afternoon. Cash sale, 4 days to sell and I sold my utility trailer to him too!
Gotta love America!
One of the neighbors came over while we were working on the C4 and it looks like I might have sold that to him (pending his wife/girlfriend's approval). One of the guys helping me out suggested I reinstall the TPI system as that would enable us to get the car running quicker with less hassle.
One thing lead to another and here we go. The neighbor always loved the look of the "snake pit" style runners (his words).
I advertised on the big Forum and found some one to trade me one system for the other. It is complete, looks good and was sitting on his shelf. We are swapping packages back and forth from Ohio tomorrow. Only cost me $24 to ship it Priority Mail and insure it for $300. I bought a set of plenum and intake gaskets along with O ring sets to redo the fuel rail and FPR. Going to stay with the MSD billet distributor I was going to use for the LT-1 conversion. Paint all the runners/plenum/base back to stock colors and bolt it all together with now blue Taylor plug wires and the AIR pump elim kit. Should show nice and still have that L98 grunt.
Posted on: 2013/7/29 3:17

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Good to hear things are going well with the sales of your stuff Ron. Did you get rid of the old TPI system from your car? Doesn't matter, just thinking out loud.
Posted on: 2013/7/29 3:34

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good to hear you have some things going in your favor.
Posted on: 2013/7/29 10:35

captmike13@yahoo.com

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Good to hear things are going well with the sales of your stuff Ron. Did you get rid of the old TPI system from your car? Doesn't matter, just thinking out loud.

Yeah - sold it on the big forum. Guess I should have held on to it a bit longer.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Posted on: 2013/7/29 11:15

biggrizzly Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Glad things are selling quickly Ron! I'm looking forward to the jacking block thingy.
Posted on: 2013/7/29 13:29

BrianCunningham Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Sorry to hear

best wishes
Posted on: 2013/7/29 17:05

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

sounds like the going out of bidness sale is moving along nicely.

I hope the house sells before winter sets in. Cold and poor health don't go together. Warm air, tropical breezes and pretty flowers are much more soothing.

Posted on: 2013/7/29 17:28

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

An update. My doc has me on some serious meds that are supposed to slow the disease down. They give me some very intense, Technicolor dreams (some of them quite sexy!).
Now that the house is all set to sell I have rediscovered "Corvette therapy" and garage time.
Each morning I exercise, do chores and any shopping that I need to do.
I spend the afternoon and evening working on the Corvette. Now that I do not have to go to work I finally get to enjoy my garage space and tools.
What a pleasure to be able to work in comfort and not have to worry about time constraints.
I have installed the hot-tanked TPI manifold and runners and had some help from family and friends. My engine compartment is beginning to look quite nice as I have been able to use a power sprayer to remove most of the dirt and grease. I have taken my time and cleaning/replacing things as I go.
I am installing things that I purchased but never had the time to bolt on. Today I squirted a bit of marine fogging oil into the cylinders and turned the engine over at the damper with a breaker bar. Made me feel good to lube it up a bit before starting it again (has been sitting for quite some time). Since I am installing a new MSD distributor I will use an old shaft with a drill motor and spin the oil pump to add oil throughout the system. Then on to new plugs, Taylor wires, wire looms, rebuilt water pump, egr eliminator kit, under drive pulleys, hoses, coolant and connecting all the sensors.
The MSD sheet advised me to drain any synthetic oil and put in dino oil with a new filter (as a break in for the distributor gear) so I did that over the weekend.
My doc said I should do crossword puzzles to exercise my brain. I am finding out that trying to figure out how to get to the #6 and #8 spark plugs and how to put all the TPI puzzle parts and related sensors back together is just as challenging. Lots more fun too!
Detroit Tiger games at night on the tube - nutritious food and sleep. Life is good right now and I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible.
The first photo shows the bright stripe I painted on my crank damper. I should be able to see the timing light now!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/8/8 4:06

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2013/8/8 4:15

BillH Re: Just listed my truck on eBay. Will try the C4 next
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Looks great Ron.
Posted on: 2013/8/8 12:48

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12361 Posts

Wish I lived closer Ron, I'd come over and give you a hand or at least keep you company! Looking good!
Posted on: 2013/8/8 15:58

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Looking good, Ron! Garage time is good therapy, indeed ;-)
Posted on: 2013/8/8 17:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.