Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
208 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid Two new cars (new to me)
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I got a 2009 Laredo with 58K miles on it. It was driven by a handicapped lady. She accidentally left her medical paperwork in the car. I shredded it quickly. She also left ALL the oil change, diff fluid change, etc. in there to. The car went from NY to here. Had one owner. It runs great. it's 4x4 but it either is all the time or comes on automatically. It's quadtech 1 I believe. I was wondering how it worked. Was it all the time or just when tractions lost. I did find out when tractions lost, it puts all power to the wheel with the most traction.

Second car, picked up from my sister. 2004 Honda Civic with 180,000 miles on it on the dot. It had it's oil changed every 3000 miles ON THE DOT with Napa filters.

The transmission was slipping just a tiny bit. Put lucas in it and it shifts SUPER NICE now.

We are changing the plugs, fuel filter, tires, brakes, ect asap.

I want to get the tranny fluid changed with a new filter. It's never been changed. I will NOT flush it either. I know lucas was just a band aid but the transmission was not really truly slipping per say. Just a tiny notch that is not noticeable until you really pay attention to it.

The car is flawless in everyother aspect. The gas milage is AMAZING. We run it on premium only.

My sister ONLY used premium on it. She bought it brand new off the lot in 2004 and then I picked it up. It's just the basic motor automatic. It's the Ex model so it's not the fully loaded model or anything.

Like I said, it runs great but changing the tranny fluid, is that bad? It's not burnt but looks dirty. I know it's still a good tranny though. I figured we could get 300,000 miles out of the whole car since it's only had 1 owner.

Also, most miles on it. Probably at least 75,000 miles are highway only. If that matters, lol. It did get a new paintjob awhile back for cosmetics. We had it professionally cleaned and it looks brand new inside.

Just curious about the fluid though....Hmmm.

I know there is a lot of rumors about flushing and fluid. I think it's BS about changing the fluid and filter. Flushing, I don't know about but I am not going that far. It might disturb some things.

As for the jeep, I got sideswiped on july 25th. It was at about 35 MPH. She hit my passenger door. They painted the whole side, replaced door/rear bumper, gave me an alignment, a new front rim, did mechanical/electrical test on it, etc..

Everything was great. When I first got it, I changed the oil that day with Mobil 1 synethic and NAPA filter.

I also replaced the air filter to even though it was spotless clean. I just like to know MY STUFF is on it. It was run on synthetic it's whole life and only serviced at a Chrysler dealership in NY and NC.

Posted on: 2013/9/12 20:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Two new cars (new to me)
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Have fun. That's what it's all about.
Posted on: 2013/9/12 20:17

1Fast04Vert Re: Two new cars (new to me)
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Sonds like a couple of good cars. I would bet the Civic will last for a long time yet. Any rust on the Laredo from NY?
Posted on: 2013/9/12 22:05

bogus Re: Two new cars (new to me)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

a few random thoughts...

In the Honda world, EX is top of the line... sorta... but close enough.

I see no reason to run premium, unless you are made of money and like to waste it.

The power flush is a good idea... here is why:

Automatics store much of their fluid in the torque converter. A power flush pumps fluid through the transmission, through the torque converter and out so it trades out all the fluid.

As AFT fluid ages, it gets crap in it - metal shavings that float in the fluid. The filter traps most, but not all. Some is caught by the pan magnet... that and the fluid simply heat cycles itself to death.

Do the power flush, pull the pan, clean it, and replace the filter. Honda auto's of that era can fail, and did so quite regularlly in the Accords (more engine). Maintenance will help keep it alive.

Quadratech or whatever they call is an intelligent full time 4WD system. As you noticed, it reroutes power to the tire with grip. As you drive normally, various fluid clutches keep the power pretty much 100% to the rear...

I will say this, the system is good and durable, but when it breaks... ouch...
Posted on: 2013/9/12 23:01

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: Two new cars (new to me)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Congrats!
Posted on: 2013/9/13 4:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.