Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid So i got a timing belt
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I got a timing belt kit and waterpump for out Honda.

I go to orileys. He tells me he has a kit for 40 and a water pump for 30. Both made in china. Pump remanufactured AND PLASTIC INTERNALS? I was like no....i got the AMERICAN made kit for 80 and a new waterpump assembled in America. This pump had metal internals. So my bill almost doubled but I dont want some chinese made sweat shop crap. Anyway, its at griffin brothers right now getting changed.

I new better than to try to do it myself because it wouldnt get done or te engine would blow up....so anyway, they have to add a gallon if antifreeze.

Heres the kicker. The car was boiling hot last night. Had to drive it home put turn it off every two minutes. Its either the pump or thermostat. Im doing the tstat myself! napa has a americanmade one to. I was pleased because the chinese stuff breaks. Ill spend a few dollars more because everytime and i mean everytime i go cheap, im screwed....not this time though! No sir, got it done right. Im going to change the oil when i get it hime. Napas wick filters Are great!!! American made!!!

Im not being racist but i dont need an 8 year old making a nickel a day making my car parts.

Please excuse my typing errors. My cell is acting a big slow and not typing right.

So the timing belt has made it to 183,000 miles. I asked for the old parts back. Ii wanna see the abuse it took. Its not broken but mantenance.

Posted on: 2013/9/28 14:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: So i got a timing belt
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Remember... many of the parts on that Civic came from Japan.

You need to shop with Rockauto more... They sell the good stuff for a much better price. Seriously.

As for the over heating, There could be an air bubble. Honda had burp valves on the gooseneck, IIRC.

Posted on: 2013/9/29 2:54

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

SpectatorRacing Re: So i got a timing belt
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Could also bee too much coolant if you just added some. I run water only in the summer, and last winter when I drained some water out to add coolant I got the ratio wrong.

The car was getting too hot (~240+) until I drained some more of my poor mixture out and added straight water. Use one of those little $2 guages to check the ratio.

The $2 ones are made in China, though
Posted on: 2013/9/30 19:32

Durango_Boy Re: So i got a timing belt
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I find it very ironic that you bought and drive a foreign car but won't perform maintenance with foreign parts. LOL.
Posted on: 2013/9/30 22:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.