Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Vette91 Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Guru
Germany
70 Posts

Hi everybody,

I need to get some small parts like ECM, pigtails and sensors from the US. Living in Germany makes shipping pretty pricey.

As I visit Diego during a business trip to join some conference in the middle of march I have the chance to add a little vacation :-)

Would be great if I could send some parts (nothing heavy or big as I have to get it on an airplane within my luggage) to one of you guys and pick them up during my road trip. Will be at Diego 16th to 17th of march, then will drive to Vegas (no gambling but see the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon), back to LA and will drive the 101 and 1 at the coastline all the way to Frisco ...

If anyone of you is local to Diego, Frisco or any town between at 101/1 and is willing to do me that favor please PM me. And of course I would like to return the favour with some lunch, dinner or what ever I can do ...

Best wishes
Eike
Posted on: 2015/1/13 19:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I would be more than happy... I am in a suburb of Los Angeles called San Pedro. Check your maps to see if it fits.

The only concern... we are planning on being away during the 12 Hours of Sebring - around 18 Mar thru 24 Mar...

What airport are you flying out of?
Posted on: 2015/1/13 20:18

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Vette91 Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Guru
Germany
70 Posts

Plan A is to stay in the LA area from 21th thru 23th, leaving 24th. If we can reach Santa Cruz in one day without missing some super interesting place (400 miles from San Pedro), we could leave on 25th after breakfast.

Plan B: Could switch LA and Vegas but would not be any better for your trip to Sebring as we would arrive at LA on 18th around midday.

We planed to visit some State Parks between Cruz and Frisco seeing Redwoods and of course visit some interesting places in Frisco. Will stay 25th to 28th in this area. Return flight will be on 29th from Frisco (SFO) ...
Posted on: 2015/1/14 11:54

bogus Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

ugh... sounds like we are literally crossing paths...

I will talk to NelsonV tonight, perhaps he could help. He lives in LA proper, but has family in both San Dog and SanFran.
Posted on: 2015/1/14 17:06

NelsonV Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

It would be my pleasure to assist.

Just a friendly word of advice... don't refer to SF as "Frisco"... at least not to the natives. "The City" will suffice. I was born there, but I don't let it bother me ;)
Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:24

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Nelson... admit it... you just shot up your monitor because of that incorrect usage of "Frisco".

Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:47

NelsonV Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Nelson... admit it... you just shot up your monitor because of that incorrect usage of "Frisco".

Posted on: 2015/1/14 22:46

Vette91 Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Guru
Germany
70 Posts

I'm sorry! Did not want to offend someone. Thanks for advice! Did some google-research and now I know better ...

Will PM you to discuss the details. Thanks a lot for helping! If one of you guys does need some german stuff fitting in average luggage let me know.
Posted on: 2015/1/15 18:04

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

hm... German stuff... Jager... Na, don't drink enough anymore...

Will keep that in mind!

Posted on: 2015/1/15 20:36

TommyT-Bone Re: Anyone with some space for small parts between San Diego and San Francisco?
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Will keep that in mind!

Jager is like saying Frisco. LOL .... Jagermeister

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

Means master of hunters. I wonder what the translation is for master of baiters.
Posted on: 2015/1/15 20:57

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Will keep that in mind!

Jager is like saying Frisco. LOL .... Jagermeister

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4germeister

Means master of hunters. I wonder what the translation is for master of baiters.

Married.
Posted on: 2015/1/15 22:46

Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

Quote:

Vette91 wrote:
If one of you guys does need some german stuff fitting in average luggage let me know.

A pretty, young German lady.
Posted on: 2015/1/16 18:05

Guru
Germany
70 Posts

Quote:

NelsonV wrote:
Quote:

Vette91 wrote:
If one of you guys does need some german stuff fitting in average luggage let me know.

A pretty, young German lady.

Unfortunately (4 u ;-)) the lady coming along with me is married :-)

Have sent PM regarding parts ...
Posted on: 2015/1/17 13:29

Senior Guru
Sunny Southern CA
245 Posts

WooHoo! My first PM on the Guru!

Andy, is there no way to have a PM convo with more than two participants? I mentioned to Eike (Vette91), in PM, that I usually send my gear to your house and it might be best to have his loot shipped to your house, then I can get it from you before he gets here and I meet with him.
Posted on: 2015/1/18 7:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.