Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
252 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

NC Kid Upgraded (a couple times)
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Heres my newest addition. Moving up in the world.

Its snowing so this is the best pic Im posting....

Attach file:

png  image.png (973.77 KB)
502_56a332af67f94.png 640X1136 px
Posted on: 2016/1/23 7:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Looks like a nice car! And hopefully nothing to fix/work on?
Posted on: 2016/1/23 13:55

teebee Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Nice ride, kid. I like Camaros.
Posted on: 2016/1/23 18:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

NC Kid Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

It needs only work because I am itching to change stuff. I would of rather had a corvette but the insurance was more than the car payment! I shopped around but I am happy to have this. Its only the v6 but a SS spiked up rates to.

Been over a year and you guys are still going strong! Really glad to see going on
Posted on: 2016/1/23 18:50

pianoguy Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sweet-looking ride - congrats!
Posted on: 2016/1/23 19:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14730 Posts

Nice to have you drop in Kid......congrats on the ride!
Posted on: 2016/1/23 19:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

bogus Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

nothing wrong with the V6 Camaro! Nice combo.

Manual or Automatic?

Posted on: 2016/1/24 1:15

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

NC Kid Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Its an automatic.....I went to the first dealership. Found a gorgeous rally yellow 65k miles on it, MINT CONDITION, service records from day one in the car and on car fax. Test drove it, ran great.

I tried to negotiate the price down some. They were asking 29 out the door for it because it was fully loaded, one owner, records, free oil changes for 3 years, lifetime free car washes.....I made an appointment with one gentleman but he passed me off to a "new salesman" and kept checking back and fourth when I tried to leave. They offered me 2500 for my 94000 mile 2010 Corrolla S.

I asked for my keys back (they took them to appraise it). We went over why it was worth so little.

Tires will need replacing in 15k miles. Really? We just bought them 6 months ago so I didn't buy that. Severe oil leak when put on lift was discovered. Thats false as well. It never uses a drop of oil. Smokes on startup.

The last part about smoking on startup was because it was 32 degrees outside. I pointed out that other cars were smoking as they were being driven around. The original gentleman came back and said I was wasting his time. I appologized and left with my S/o.

The next day I found a car online went to that dealership after making an appointment.

I told the guy on the phone, I will deal with you from start to finish or I won't come. He agreed.

I asked to have the car at the front ready for my inspection and a plate on it to test drive. I pulled up, the cars in the front and I pull in the spot right beside it. The salesman is standing there waiting for me. He called me to verify appointment and I was about 10 minutes away.

I was super impressed. They appraised my car for $5000.00 while i owed 10k still to the bank on it.

He found none of the other problems with the car but due to the mileage on it, the car being the sport model but not FULLY loaded, and it needed to be detailed inside. (I eat, drive, and basically live in my car due to my jobs traveling!!!).

I wasn't happy about that but I said no credit report running until we get a price. Of course he gives me his BS reasons as to why he has to do it. I flat out tell him "I am a loan officer at a bank, heres my business card, if you want to make a sale today, lets talk, otherwise consult with your manager and you can call me back.

Four and a half hours later (Im tired as i have been negotiating the hell out of this deal, we come to an agreement.

It's not the best deal in the world but I had to get rid of the corolla as the warranty I had gotten expired at 100,000 miles.

Victory red, V6, automatic (also has tap shifting), base model, and only 40,000 miles on it. One owner, records provided, The thing looked like it had never been driven.....I did a full car fax on it at my house vs trusting dealerships that they provided with me. It matched up but I wanted to make sure!

I got approved by the first bank at 5.99% interest.

Out the door I receive 1 year free maintenance (tire oration, oil change, fluid top off). I am openly saying, I did not want that and will not use it. It was a special they had for the month. I declined it but it's still part of the package so they made a few extra bucks off of me.

They informed me I had some of the factory warranty left. 5 year 100,000 mile warranty from Chevy. I purchased GAP insurance as I always do and included in that was a 3 year 36000 mile power train warranty, 12 month, 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, free roadside assistance.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't want any of the extra stuff they kept talking about but I spoke to the salesman, finance officer, then the dealership general manager and said he couldn't take it out, I could sign off as saying I didn't want it but the price would not be changed as the special fell of the following month.

What I don't understand is why it's 5 year 100,000 mile warranty vs 10 year. That threw me off.

I combed through the warranty paperwork for 45 minutes and asked every question imaginable. My father also was there and reviewed it with me. After all clarification and signing it was a done deal.

I did get a brand new set of tires put on the very next morning for free. I believe they are "cooper brand". The old ones had 30-40% life left BUT I did not want to pass up on new tires. Yes, I kept the old ones to!

From full start to finish it was 4.5 hours negotiating. The salesman would run to his manager for EVERYTHING when I rejected, tried to leave, disagreed, or pretty much said anything besides ok. Another two hours to sign paperwork and over an hour of that time was me reviewing and questioning everything I signed, asking for extra copies ect.

Once I signed the last document, it was well past closing time and I could honestly tell they were glad to see me go.

In the end, I feel I got the best deal out of them possible. 24200.00 out the door. I think I did overpay for the car but with the dealers administrative fee, financing charges, gap insurance add-on, the extra warranty I purchased, it could have been slightly cheaper.

One thing that really ticks me off is that he kept telling me I was crazy for not doing this automatic payment plan they offer. It will take out half my payment out of my account twice a month on my paydays. He said it would save me 1800 in interest and cut 6 months off of my loan time.

I said why would i do it through that unknown company when thats what i have done myself on every other car I have financed? He couldn't give me a straight answer.

I pay half my car payment every two weeks and add whatever extra I can at the said time (no more than 25.00 dollars principal only) but it does work and I don't have to have a third party control my payments.

Anyway, I would do anything to get another vette. I miss the 86. It was just to much for me to fix and as my only car and the travel I do, it would have cost me more than I could pay to keep it up and not have a second car.

I miss that car a lot. The guy I sold it to had a friend who was laid off from GM. Last I heard, they rebuilt it and fixed it up real nice.

I think in the next three years, actually I KNOW in the next 3 years, I will be back in a Corvette. Ima hang around here more often (well as often as time permits), and read and learn some more.

I hope everyone has a damn good Sunday. Because MOST OF US DON'T HAVE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Bogus, thanks for everything you have done for this community, this site, and a lot of thanks for what you did for me even though you didn't have to. I have a couple weeks vacation for the year, I would really love to meet you and some of the others if anyones interested? Pictures, post, text, emails, thats all great but a real get together just like CF has and/or had every year.

Anyone want to start working on some plans to get it rolling? Maybe someone could start a thread (moderator/administrator) for a corvette forum-guru or whatever the hell else this place is called LOL. ( Just Kidding Andy)!

Posted on: 2016/1/24 19:08

BrianCunningham Re: Upgraded (a couple times)
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Congrats
Posted on: 2016/1/24 20:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.