Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33758 Posts

And ......... It's Friday the 13th.
Posted on: 2017/1/13 13:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! It's gonna start warming up a bit, it's already up to -5. Looking forward to the long weekend.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/1/13 13:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

And ......... It's Friday the 13th.

I NOTICED THAT.

CLOUDY,COLD, AND RAINY IN THE NATIONS. THE CHEROKEES ARE WAITING FOR THE MUCH PUBLICIZED RAIN. THE ICE SEEMS TO BE WELL TO THE NORTH OF FT GIBSON. NIMBY:-)

HEY BILLH, HOW YA DOING OUT THERE? GOT SNOW?

Posted on: 2017/1/13 15:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

I always thought we should have 5 days off and work 2......why didn't anyone think of that........I guess its to late to change it now.....

Big day yesterday.....750 miles on the new truck. What an easy riding truck....very comfortable and has a fridge in it......keeps the beer really cold........er......the pop I mean...... Am tired today but not crazy tired just 66 year old tired.....

Stopped out at Harchelroad's Chevy and performance shop in Imperial Nebraska.....a small village far to the west......They are the number one Calloway dealer in the world......amazing. There were Corvettes everywhere.....from C2's to C7's to race cars to an old Buick getting restored. A friend of mine is getting a Procharger put on his Grand Sport...and I got some pics of it on the dyno. I was coming thru there on my way home so stopped in. They are going to put headers on my car and a tune........so it was nice to meet them.....very competent folks.....they work on cars from all over the country. I will post some pics in a bit.....

better get to work......cold and gray here today......storm coming our way Sunday.....keep your snow blowers tuned up.....

Posted on: 2017/1/13 15:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Work continues around the house. Got the wall framed and sheetrock up last night. It was getting late and I still had to run to Menard's so I called it a night. Stopped by mom's and helped her with a couple of things, then we went to the store together.

Got the kids dropped off at school and then mixed up a batch of joint compound. Taped a few lines and then I needed to stop for lunch, wasn't feeling too hot. Now I'm fed and ready for round two. Drywall is so much fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/1/13 17:31

pianoguy Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Marcus, hope you don't ever have to do this:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/01/1 ... 1484328102/?spt=sec&or=on

Matt, drywall isn't just fun, it's

Resized Image

fun!
Posted on: 2017/1/13 17:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

HEY BILLH, HOW YA DOING OUT THERE? GOT SNOW?

Started snowing Tues. afternoon, , Wed. at 1 a.m. the power went out (all of South Reno), only dropped to 60 in the house by morning but when I went to get up, my back was out and I haven't had a Fn' back pain in 30 years. Extreme pain, got the generator out but couldn't bend over and pull the starter hard enough to start it.
It hadn't been run in 3 years, neighbor came home at lunch and started it on 2 pulls.
Power came back on Wed. night.

And the county still hasn't plowed out street, over a foot with big ruts, cars getting stuck. But I can look over at the main road nd cars are doing 60. We get 1 in. of snow nd they plow the street now, the plows disappeared. Go figure.
Posted on: 2017/1/13 18:43

Matatk Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Bill...Good thing you've got that swamp cooler

Just kidding, hope it's all OK out there.
Posted on: 2017/1/14 3:34

teebee Re: Where did the week go Friday Chat 01.13.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Hey guys...Not sure what I did today, but it went by fast. Went to look at a cabinet job, repaired a drawer on some cabinets I built 27 years ago, pretty good service out of a drawer slide that held heavy files and used daily for those 27 years. Then I measured a kitchen, so I can do the design work, for another job coming up. Visited the lady I setup a new computer for yesterday, then came home and started do the drawings and bid for the one job.

Then late this afternoon, because we are expecting bad ice storm to hit late tonight, they moved the b-ball games up an hour so the visiting team would have time to get back home before it hits. so I got home from that an hour earlier than I would have elsewise. Once home I've been working the drawing some more.

Just watched the weather, now they have moved the storm from tonight to tomorrow late morning-early afternoon. They say we could have as much as an inch of ice, then Sunday 3-4" of snow on top of that.....could get real nasty here. We get that kind of ice and a little wind, we'll be without electricity. So if you don't hear from me Sunday or Monday, say a prayer.
Posted on: 2017/1/14 4:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.