Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
190 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Blessings upon you ...........

Attach file:

jpg  lawrencewelk313438.jpg (54.40 KB)
852_595f8408969fa.jpg 620X400 px
Posted on: 2017/7/7 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2017/7/7 12:54

Ultraman Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

..and you my son........

Hoter then a pepper sprout here today.......to bad I have to work in the AC office arr arr....... the heat does make the corn grow......most of it will be tasseling this week......crazy how fast those plants grow......

What's up for the weekend? Working on the place here.....got a wedding coming up you know..... not till September but that is just around the corner....

Enjoy your days Guru's.......

Posted on: 2017/7/7 12:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2017/7/7 12:57

GRIS Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

A BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS, LOOKS LIKE SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE.

HARVEY'S INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS OUT & ON IT'S WAY TO BATEE AND THE TOOTH IS OUT AND RETURNED TO THE TOOTH FAIRY, WHO PRESIDES OVER THE LEGENDARY "LOST TOOTH GRAVEYARD".

DENTISTRY HAS COME A LONG WAY. THE EXTRACTION WAS ABSOLUTELY PAINLESS. THE TOOTH WAS SPLIT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND CAME OUT IN TWO PIECES.

LETTY, IT'S SAD TO HEAR OF YOUR FRIEND. SUICIDE IS SOMETHING THAT IS REALLY HARD TO GET YOUR HEAD AROUND.
Posted on: 2017/7/7 13:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Sheesh, this week has gone by in a hurry. I'll be mowing shortly, which will squander even more of it. Looks like a beautiful day out there, though.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/7/7 14:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

It's beautiful here today, too. I'm off for four days - have a screwed up schedule. I was planning a 5-day beach vacation to Pensacola for the fourth, fireworks, blue angels and all that, then the ad lady at the paper said this book HAD to be laid out over that weekend. I'd emailed the publisher to confirm and got no answer, so stayed home to get that done. It's a good side job and BF had a $1000 motor job anyway he had started. turns out, the paper didn't upload half the work I needed to do the book and the place doing the heads for the motor drug things around and the customer didn't get half the parts so we just sat here all weekend pissed off. I now have a pre-scheduled four day weekend because I thought I'd be working all last weekend, and I still have no book layout stuff to work with. I spoke to the new editor and he's only been there a month and has nothing nice to say about them. Shame.
Gris, yes, suicide is horrible. This was very horrible, and many factors involved. Always are. I have an idea where his head was at, we talked. Of course, we all look back on the 'what ifs"
Posted on: 2017/7/7 15:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Home with the kiddos now. Hot out today, as was yesterday. In my infinite wisdom I decided to work in the garage in the middle of the day yesterday...turns out that was a bad idea. Made good progress on the car, but didn't realize it was over 100* in the garage and I gave myself a little heat exhaustion in the hour I was out there. But the header is resealed and that's all that matters, right....right?

Went to a party last night for my friend's business....10 year anniversary. Lots of food, drinks, music, etc. They played various games for prizes - musical chairs, darts, then they had a "strongman" contest where you had to bicep curl a roll of roofing tar paper (about 35 lbs). I did the most and won that...along with a $200 gift card! Not too shabby. All those years of lifting weights finally paid back in dividends

I found out I blew out one of the seals in my trusty old HF 1.5 ton racing jack. My own fault lifting BILs F150. I really need a 3 ton for that. I took it apart this morning and pulled out the suspected o-rings that failed. Hopefully I can get some replacements at the parts store. I have my eye on a new jack, but that's $200 vs about $4. Decisions...

Letty, very sorry to hear about your friend. One of my close friends did that about 11 years ago. Still think about him. You never know the struggle someone else is going through.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/7/7 17:57

pianoguy Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

So sorry about your friend, Letty - that is rough, and there are always more questions than answers.
Posted on: 2017/7/8 0:24

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys, been going at it since early today. Waiting for things at the kitchen remodel, so took advantage ofthatin doing some computer work. Then decided to take them and install at the business. Things were going pretty smooth, then a freaking computer would communicate with a printer...fought that bastich for two and a half hours. Never did get it, but did get it to communicate with two other printers, so they aren't completely screwed. I'll do some research and figure it out.

Then went straight over to talk to the couple on the remodel and got some things squared away. Almost 7 before I got home. My butt is dragging worse than when I actually "work" in the shop.

Posted on: 2017/7/8 0:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hey guys, been going at it since early today. Waiting for things at the kitchen remodel, so took advantage ofthatin doing some computer work. Then decided to take them and install at the business. Things were going pretty smooth, then a freaking computer would communicate with a printer...fought that bastich for two and a half hours. Never did get it, but did get it to communicate with two other printers, so they aren't completely screwed. I'll do some research and figure it out.

Then went straight over to talk to the couple on the remodel and got some things squared away. Almost 7 before I got home. My butt is dragging worse than when I actually "work" in the shop.

I see you are enjoying your retirement.
Posted on: 2017/7/8 3:53

Ultraman Re: Fr-Fr-Frriday Chat 07.07.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Tee....sounds like you need a vacation.......
Posted on: 2017/7/8 12:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.