Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be hot again today. We are taking the kids to a small amusement park later today. We have some of those neck cooling towels and they work pretty well so I'll be bringing that along.

Got the car fired up last night. No rich fuel smell at idle, so that's promising. I still won't know until I get the laptop hooked up and scan the fuel trims.

On a sad note my trusty HF jack is DOA after 8 years. I had a hard life so I can't be mad. I took it apart but it doesn't want to cooperate.

I already ordered a new jack, the Arcan model from Costco. It's a 3 ton aluminum/steel hybrid. Gets good reviews so I think I'll be ok.

https://www.costco.com/3-Ton-Professio ... ck.product.100222458.html

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/7/8 12:34

GRIS Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY WITH MUTTERS OF THUNDER IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. I COULD DO WITHOUT ANY MORE RAIN. WE NEED TO FIND THAT RAIN-DANCER AND MAKE HIM QUIT.

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER TWO NAP DAY COMING UP.

BOUGHT A SET OF FRONT WHEELS OFF A COLLECTORS EDITION TO PUT ON THE '95, NOW I NEED TO LOOK FOR SOME MATCHING REARS. THESE HAVE THE TIRE PRESSURE SENDERS ON THEM, ANYBODY NEED THEM?
Posted on: 2017/7/8 14:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I finally slept in like a pro. Gonna be sunny and 83, a delightful day. Not sure what the agenda is, but I am sure there will be one.

Looks like a great replacement, Matt!

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/7/8 15:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I slept in a little, then started working on a hardware order for the kitchen job and my neighbor called to ask me to help him put up an antennae for his TV. He's sh!tcanning Dish and already sh!tcanned Cable, going to get about 9 over the air channels with the antennae.

It's warming right up here. We did get about a half inch of rain last night, which we needed.

Rosie and I are getting stuff together for our trip to South Dakota for the Corvette Classic. We are meeting up with Marcus and Lynn. Looking forward to this trip. Rosie has never been in that part of the country, so while we are there we will make the touristy things. We've had several people tell us to make sure we go to Mount Rushmore during the evening as well as during the day.

What size of wheels are you looking for Gris? Did the party not have a complete set? Have a nice time with the kids Matt. Looks like you can take a nap, Brad. Beings there is nothing on the agenda.

Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2017/7/8 16:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I recently bought an tv antenna for the guest bed room so they could watch something as they fell to sleep. I have to raise it higher though so i can get more stations.

Bored? Don't get gored.

http://start.att.net/news/read/articl ... second_bull_run_of_201-ap
Posted on: 2017/7/8 22:03

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, it has been a busy day. After helping with the antennae, I went back and finished the order of hardware and then went over to look at a garage door with another guy when my daughter calls me and says "Ian's having car problems" (#1 GS). "Ok, where is he?" She tells me and I drive over there and see his car parked on the wrong side of the street. I ask him what it did. "I just drove around the corner and it started acting funny." "What's 'funny'?" "Well, the dash lights went out and it died." So I go home, only a couple blocks away from where it sat, and grabbed my multi-meter. Come back and check the battery and it has 4.8 volts. We replaced the battery in it a couple months back, so I'm sure it is the alternator.

I put the jumpers on it and let the pickup charge it up enough to get it started and drive it to the house. Then I go in and do a search on the Caddy forum about how to remove the alternator. The first thing I come across says you have to take the exhaust system loose, the radiator out, this and that has to be removed....crap, I may as well pull the freaking engine. Then I read another post where the guy says, that's all BS and lists the steps out, and finishes by saying, you can do it without all that. So I print out his steps. It ain't a walk in the park, but about two hours later I have it out and we are headed to the 'city' to pick up an new one. Ian says "Why didn't we go get the new one first and let the engine cool down?" "Because, number 1, we have to bring the other one back, as the core charge is pretty high, and I don't want to have that hanging. And number 2, I want to make sure we get the correct part." We get there and the first three parts places don't have one in stock, We can order one." Nope we'll go to the next place. Finally at AutoZone, the guy says this is the one you need. "And you have it in stock?" says I. Yup, says we have three. "Ok, it's pretty pricey ($165), but, bring it out." and he pulls it out of the box so I can look at it, make sure it has the pulley on it. While Im looking at the new one, he grabs the old one to put in the box, and heads to the back room...."Hey, bring that back here", I said. "Why?" "Because I don't think this is the right one." "Yes that's the right one." "No, this one has the wrong plug." Castings look identical, but the plugs are way different. He looks to compare, and goes back to his computer and punches up the info again, goes back and gets another one off the shelf....this is the right one. I turn to Ian and said, "See, that's why you take the part with you." I also said to the guy at the counter, "I would have been a little pissed off, if I'd have gotten home and found out it was the wrong one."

We got home and started putting it back on, but had to stop to clean up and go to church. I'll finish it off in the morning while it's much cooler.
Posted on: 2017/7/9 2:19

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

You're a good man there, TB.
Posted on: 2017/7/9 3:21

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I figure it might take a couple hours to get it back together.....I hope not, but it might.
Posted on: 2017/7/9 3:42

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 07.08.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good catch there tee and a lucky one to boot. Sometimes I'm tired and figure the counter guy knows what he's doing and of course I'd be WRONG. But when I'm on my game I do what you did and do a side by side. It has saved me more than once.
Posted on: 2017/7/9 4:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.