Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
171 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH2004R
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.74
2nd Gear: 1.57
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.67

Reverse: 2.06

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Mundy da twenty-fort.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Spread some mulch yesterday. Bought a bunch of shelving units at a hell of a good price. Packed the van full. Now I have to take them all out and set them up somewhere. Sue bought this huge chest as well. Damned thing takes 3-4 guys to move it. Wherever I put that it's pretty well permanent. Bought a portable wheelchair ramp for the front door. That was a good, boy scout item. Be prepared. All aluminum ramp that folds up. One day it may come in handy. $50
Posted on: 2017/7/24 11:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Good morning all..... We bought a new Fridge recently.....a Maytag....10 year bumper to bumper warranty and Made in America plastered all over it.....got a new dishwasher also......same brand.......so far so good.....

Going to drive truck today the check some farmers fields......summer is on the wane........or at least the downhill side......

Not much else to report......have a grand day Guru's...
Posted on: 2017/7/24 12:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....Got lots to do. My miter saw started sounding 'funny' yesterday, so pulled it apart to find a bearing on the blade arbor rough. So I got to get that pressed off and a new bearing back on, then put it together. I did get Marcuss' cabinets together. Just waiting on the drawers slides now.

Better get to it, Later guys.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 13:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7584 Posts

A LITTLE MORE PLEASANT THIS MORNING; NOT QUITE SO MUGGY.

I SAW IN THE NEWS THAT THE USS CONSTITUTION IS AFLOAT ONCE MORE. THIS WENT AROUND A LONG TIME AGO:

The U.S.S. Constitution (Old Ironsides) as a combat vessel carried 48,600 gallons of fresh water for her crew of 475 officers and men. This was sufficient to last six months of sustained operations at sea. She carried no evaporators (fresh water distillers).

However, let it be noted that, according to her log, "On July 27, 1798, the U.S.S. Constitution sailed from Boston with a full complement of 475 officers and men, 48,600 gallons of fresh water, 7,400 cannon shot, 11,600 pounds of black powder and 79,400 gallons of rum." Her mission: "To destroy and harass English shipping."

Making Jamaica on 6 October, she took on 826 pounds of flour and 68,300 gallons of rum.

Then she headed for the Azores, arriving there 12 November. She provisioned with 550 pounds of beef and 64,300 gallons of Portuguese wine.

On 18 November, she set sail for England. In the ensuing days she defeated five British men-of-war and captured and scuttled 12 English merchantmen, salvaging only the rum aboard each.

By 26 January, her powder and shot were exhausted. Nevertheless, although unarmed, she made a night raid up the Firth of Clyde in Scotland. Her landing party captured a whisky distillery and transferred 40,000 gallons of single malt Scotch aboard by dawn. Then she headed home.

The U.S.S. Constitution arrived in Boston on 20 February 1799, with no cannon shot, no food, no powder, no rum, no wine, no whisky and 38,600 gallons of stagnant water.
:-)
Posted on: 2017/7/24 13:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GRIS, that's a great history lesson there.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 14:17

pianoguy Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Delightful day here, other than meetings up the ying-yang. I don't know if you've ever had a meeting up in your ying-yang, but it is mighty uncomfortable.

Great story, Gris!

Have a great day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/7/24 14:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CorvetteBob Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

In reading Gris post, it's easily seen that the men of Old Ironsides recognized their priorities.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 15:37

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Pic my friend took of Devil's Tower a few days after Marcus and Tom were there:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW02sobFngE/
Posted on: 2017/7/24 15:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Yea, our shots didn't look like that! Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 17:31

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Got the miter saw back together. What a royal PITA. Most people would have just pitched it, but I've had it so long and cuts so nice, I couldn't do it. Put another $16 in it and should be good for several more years.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 17:33

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Unloaded some cabinets and a chest we picked up at an estate sale yesterday. Great prices. Picked up the Burban from the Chevy dealer. In for routine maintenance and had a leaky gasket under the satellite antenna. Had to fix the leak on my dime. Was a pretty nasty leak. Got the signed contract back on the property we've been trying to buy. Should be able to close within 30 days. It ain't over till the final closing papers are in our hands. Want to buy a shed for the property for a steal of a deal from a neighbor that is moving to South Carolina. Then have to pay a transporter to move it a few blocks and anchor it. More to come in the day but hopefully just mundane tasks.

When we were moving the chest I had one end and two guys had the other. They were grunting and groaning. I looked at them and told them, You gotta be kidding me. I had one end by myself.
Posted on: 2017/7/24 17:46

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/7/24 19:09

GRIS Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7584 Posts

Quote:

SO SORRY, THAT IS NOT A TANK. AN ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER OR MAYBE A COMMAND POST VEHICLE.

MEDIA EXPERTISE---
Posted on: 2017/7/24 23:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Mundy da twenty-fort.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

We had some nasty, nasty storms come through last night. Lots of damage all over town, lots of branches, some big trees, power lines, etc. Luckily no damage for me. A few neighbors lost some branches.

Fridge guy came today...different than the idiot who came the first three times. This guy apparently knows his stuff...diagnosed the problem almost instantly as a bad heater for the water line. No kidding. Wife said he seemed irritated by the first guy. Hey, what a coincidence. Had to order the part....of course. At the next appointment apparently they need two guys in order to remove the whole door and replace the part. Should work after that!

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2017/7/24 23:38

Huskerland
14706 Posts

I don't know if I told the story of our Jenn-Air stove. We like them for whatever reason and have had them for years. So during the remodel one of the ham handed workers slipped and fell and his hammer hit the black glass ceramic top and broke it. Ok no problem he paid for a new one....like 400 bucks......so we ordered it and it came in and they installed it......

First time we used it we came out the next morning and it was cracked in about 4 places......so we called them and they came out and said they would order another one........they did and they came out and installed it.......yep next day it was cracked in two places....... ok so round three......they come out get the old one off and go to take the new one out and it falls apart in the box.....I am not making this up........ ok 4th times a charm right......except now they are having trouble finding any left in the country for this model of stove..........so time passes and finally they locate one and they just put it on today so we shall see what it looks like in the morning...... Do Not Ever break the black ceramic top on your Jenn-Air...... just saying....
Posted on: 2017/7/25 0:02

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Tommy you must have had the light end......
Posted on: 2017/7/25 0:08

Huskerland
14706 Posts

I think that is the night we had to go back to Devils Tower to get Uwoman's iWatch that fell off her wrist while we were up there because she just had to have this nice pink 13 dollar band for it.......

So she did not even know it was gone until we were almost back to Spearfish....... yep that's to bad honey......those watches aren't cheap.....

So she calls them at the Ranger station at the Tower and why yes they do have a watch that was turned in like that with a pink band.....so they grilled her on it and decided it was hers and so now what........I'm like send it home we will get it when we get back...... oh noooooooo we have to go back because she needs it....... So its like an hour back up there and they stay open till 7 pm...... So we did and they did and then we burned the 13 dollar watch band and all is well with our souls......... I have a lot of stories tonight......
Posted on: 2017/7/25 0:16

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Not quite as hot today, but still pretty warm. I got about everything done I can do until I get the counter top made. Played Mens' night, we played well, just not quite good enough to win. Warm again tomorrow, but supposed to moderate toward the end of the week.
Posted on: 2017/7/25 2:15

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.