Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH2004R
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.74
2nd Gear: 1.57
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.67

Reverse: 2.06

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

mjbaker46 Passive Keyless Entry
Guru Newb
Vermont
1 Posts

Just puchased an OEM transmitter for PKE (one didn't come with my 93 vette when I purchased it). Can't get it to program--get to step 3 where you turn ignition to off & PKE light is suppose to flash--this doesn't happen. Tried multiple times with no luck. Funny thing happens when I exit car after trying to program transmitter--doors lock and horn beeps!!! Any ideas???
Posted on: 2017/7/26 12:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Passive Keyless Entry
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OPINION: AFTER MUCH HURRAH GETTING IT TO WORK, I FOUND PKE TO BE NOTHING BUT PIA.

IDEA: TURN THE DAMN THING OFF AND FORGET ABOUT IT. (IF YOU CAN---MINE HAS ON A COUPLE OF OCCASIONS LOCKED THE DOORS AND POPPED THE HATCH OPEN OF IT'S OWN VOLITION)
Posted on: 2017/7/26 13:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

bogus Re: Passive Keyless Entry
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I'm with Gris... The system is entirely too unpredictable.

Think it has locked the door? Think again... try to open the door? Good luck. They should have added "Random" to the name...
Posted on: 2017/7/27 13:42

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

hcbph Re: Passive Keyless Entry
Senior Guru
269 Posts

Kind of sounds like trying to get remote controls to work with a new garage door opener this month. Old opener died, got a new door opener on sale over 4th of July. Having 4 vehicles and 3 remotes (4th being built into the van), none of the old remotes worked with the new opener. Then found that the instructions for programming anything but the 2 remotes that came with the opener were wrong.

3 days I putzed with them (having even talked to the vendor tech support and emailed other sites) before I figured out the programming instructions were wrong. I finally figured it out on my own but what a PITA that was (figured it out myself, tech support was of no help). Still unable to get the van's built-in door remote control to work the new opener, so had to buy another remote for that one - such a pain.

I suspect you're in the same boat with your car I was in that one, you're pretty much on your own unless you can find someone that's done it before and knows the secret code or sequence to get it to work.

Good luck.
Posted on: 2017/7/27 13:44

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

what brand of garage door opener? I want to avoid that one!!!
Posted on: 2017/7/27 20:24

hcbph Re: Passive Keyless Entry
Senior Guru
269 Posts

It's a 1/2 hp Sears Craftsman. Actually made by Chamberlain and the remotes I bought were also by Chamberlain, supposed to work with a whole line of openers including theirs and Craftsman labeled.

Thing is the opener instructions were you push the 'Learn' button on the opener then with the remote close by push the button on the remote so many times to program it to the opener. That worked with the ones that came with the opener (tried reprogramming them when the issue with the others came up) but not the additional ones I bought.

The Chamberlain universal remotes I bought also have a learn button on them. Ahead of time it said to push the learn button then the button to open the door so many times to set it up for the opener. Then you're supposed to take it out to the opener and go through the opener instructions to program the remote to the opener.

Thing was it didn't work. What I eventually stumbled onto was you push the learn button on the opener and the one on the remote then push the open button on the remote so many times and it programs the remote to the opener. Worked like a dream programming both the added remotes once I figured out the trick. I talked to Chamberlain and Sears Tech Service after I got them working. Sears said 'Huh'. Chamberlain said they'd test it out and see about getting the instructions updated.

It's all working now but it was like 3 days of head scratching and hair pulling and a lot of calls and emails trying to get it all to work.
Posted on: 2017/7/28 12:22

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

To be honest, with Sears' current financial position... meaning, one foot on the banana peal, the other in the grave, juggling grenades and balancing 1000 lbs of C4 on their heads, I don't really wanna buy jack from them!

This also tells me to avoid Chamberlain. My brother has Genie and they seem to be pretty good. I am leaning towards belt drive.
Posted on: 2017/7/28 16:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.