Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Happy Birthday to Sue.

Tensions are on the rise here but still awhile before we see what Irma has to deliver. No doubt you have seen some of the destruction that has befallen some of the Eastern Caribbean Islands. The beast, the monster, are a couple of terms The Weather Channel has bestowed upon this cat 5 wind, rain and storm surge machine. I have a couple of last minute chores to do today. One is to remove the roof vents and install caps. I have today and tomorrow to get the last of the preparations done. We are smack dab in the middle of the cone. Effects of the storm are inevitable however the severity is an unknown. From tropical storm to full on impact are all possible. We must stay home and care for all the critters. All the animals will be brought out of harms way, that is, as long as we don't lose the roof. Then all bets are off. We will try to be as safe as possible. We went through Andrew so we know what can happen. This one is bigger and badder than Andy. Ah, what have we got to lose? Only everything ....... again.
Posted on: 2017/9/7 11:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I snapped some pics of the Cannonball Rally cars - the last one has Ice T in the middle (he apparently was the special celebrity guest):

http://bradprestonmusic.com/Photos/CannonballRally2017/index.html

In the midst of all the fancy mega-buck cars was my favorite - the red and white LS-powered Olds.

Continued mojo Tommy, for all in the path of the storm. Hope it runs out of gas soon.

Be safe, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/9/7 12:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Brad, I could see passing up on a nap in favor of looking at Cannonball Run cars. Much would have to do with the proximity of my pillow. Patron seems to share an interest in this competition.

I liked this one.

Attach file:

jpg  00001.jpg (121.46 KB)
852_59b13b3d9685e.jpg 800X600 px
Posted on: 2017/9/7 12:26

CorvetteBob Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Nice pics of the cars there Brad. You're right about that Olds, it's very cool.

Still thinkin' of you guys there Tommy. You're a stand up guy to stay with the animals. As if we all didn't already know that. Way too many would just abandon them to an uncertain situation. At least you're gonna be there to do what you can.
Posted on: 2017/9/7 12:37

GRIS Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY, CALM, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES THOROUGHLY APPROVE OF THIS WEATHER. I WONDER IF WE WILL GET A FREEZE IN OCTOBER :-0

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY.

TOMMY, IT'S GOOD YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PREPARE TO HUNKER DOWN. HOW BIG IS YOUR GENERATOR?
Posted on: 2017/9/7 13:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

....ya that ain't your dads Oldsmobile..... I also liked the 65 Tempest....but wow what a bunch of high end cars...... How does that Cannonball run work now.....why aren't they all racing crazy across America trying to beat 34 hours or what ever the record is.....

Got to get going we are on the downhill side now....just some clean up and a few other things to do and then.......a nap......

Tommy......hopefully it will lose a lot of power by the time it gets to you.....get plenty of Busch N/A's you are going to need them........ hope for the best prepare for the worst........

Have a day of Bliss Guru's....
Posted on: 2017/9/7 14:12

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....As others have said, I'm a bit concerned for you and yours Tommy. Please be safe, this suckers is a MONSTER. I wish we could get some of the moisture you're going to get up Montana way, not the wind, but the moisture.

Cool here this morning, but headed for mid 80s, another nice day. Just a couple days and we'll be headed to the mountains, 7500' elevation, where it has been hotter than it has been here....What's that about???

Cool pics Brad. I liked the Olds and the old Tempest...old school.

Headed to the shop to do some things. You guys have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/9/7 14:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

If memory serves, the organizers of the Cannonball took a look back and decided that they'd been blessed with no one having died in the history of such an illegal race. It was that fact along with better judgement that caused them to discontinue the race.
Again, if memory serves me, they were the ones who began the "One Lap of America " event. But I could be very wrong about that part.
Wasn't it Brock Yates that started the Cannonball?
Posted on: 2017/9/7 15:43

Matatk Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Happy Birthday to Sue.

Worried for your well being down there, Tommy. The news sure makes that storm seem strong. I hope it does down. The new lot looks pretty spacious, though. What are the plans?

As you guys know I'm a cheap bastige (not as cheap as Tommy) and I shop for deals. A sort of deal of a lifetime came along and I'm the proud owner of a like-new epiq toolbox for the garage. It's pretty impressive. My buddy who is a Matco dealer dropped it off yesterday.

Got the pool closed today, it was a real PIA. Glad it's done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  20170906_130511_3.jpg (685.91 KB)
994_59b18d1bde1bc.jpg 1440X2560 px
Posted on: 2017/9/7 18:17

TommyT-Bone Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I see you found space for the toolbox, Matt. I'm getting closer to the finish line of the hurricane prep. As long as there's time you always find one more thing to be done.

GRIS, I have a Kubota 6500 diesel generator. It will power all my 110/120 stuff. I have to shut down all the 220/230 so that means no stove, no dryer, no hot water, no air conditioning. We will have to do without. I have a gas range on the patio, BBQ grill with burner, and the refrigerators and freezers will be running as well as the lights, tv and ceiling fans. Not looking forward to this at all. If the roof goes we're blanked. Hoping and praying for a good result. (I pray a lot when a hurricane comes.)
Posted on: 2017/9/7 19:07

Ultraman Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

.....what's the old saying.....there are no atheist's in a foxhole.... seems like my praying gets ramped up a lot when impending doom is aiming for us.....

I am taking a break to rest up and get some nourishment in me...... the girls are all out getting their nails done......it's some tribal thing I think.....men are not allowed.......

Have not done a storm check this afternoon....what's the projections now?
Posted on: 2017/9/7 21:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Tommy, reading all your prep stuff makes me worry even more for you guys. And the line that "what have we got to lose. everything again." is very saddening. Please find ways to let us know that you guys are okay in the midst of all this. Happy birthday to Sue as well.
Nice box Matt!
This just in - Equifax has had a massive data breach. A security breach may have compromised personal information including SS numbers of 143 million people. Nice....
One of the most beautiful days of the year here and I'm stuck inside an office with no fkn windows. More nice. Yet lazy check drawers are out fishing on my time and dime. Lovely.
Posted on: 2017/9/7 21:56

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I saw a headline about price-gouging, like $32 for a case of water. Those people should rot in hell.
Posted on: 2017/9/7 23:59

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

It was a pretty nice day here. My plan of not doing much was thrown out the window early on. I got phone calls right off and I ended up busy all day long...mostly computer work. Finished up about 7. Then I came home and ran the CNC for a while to get done, what I figured I would have done by 11am. I have heard a word today about the storm, hopefully it will veer away from you Tommy and you'll only get a glancing blow.
Posted on: 2017/9/8 2:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Thorough Thursday 09.07.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

MISSED THE NOTE ON SUE'S BD. SHAME ON ME. HIPPO BIRDIE TWO SUE :-)

GOT AMBITIOUS, FIRED UP THE POLE-SAW AND CUT DOWN THE LOW HANGING LIMBS OVER THE DRIVEWAY. HAD TO TAKE THE TOMATO OUT OF THE BARN SO I COULD GET THE ARGO OUT AND DRAG OFF THE LIMBS. I HAD LEFT THE TOP DOWN SO DARLING WIFE AND I DROVE OVER TO TENKILLER LAKE AND HAD SUPPER AT "SODAS STEVE'S" BURGER JOINT AT FIN AND FEATHER RESORT. NICE DRIVE & WORLD CLASS ONION RINGS.
Posted on: 2017/9/8 2:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.