Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I can't say this enough, I'm a bit worried for Tommy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else in the path of this storm. Be safe my friend.

Marcus, too, has his own storm brewing today. Not anywhere near as severe as Tommy's, but a very stressful day for he and the Mrs. Have a cup of coffee!

It's cool and dark here. Rosie is excited, I guess, to head for the mountains as she was awake and up before 6. A little after 6 I got up to pee, and she says. "Are you up?"..."Yea, I guess I am" Still no real hurry to get going, it's only a bit over six hours out there and it's not even 6 their time yet. We are packed and ready though.

Have a great day guys. I'll check in later.
Posted on: 2017/9/9 11:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

"OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING---"

GETTING CLOSE TO CRUNCH TIME TOMMY, I KNOW YOU'VE DONE ALL YOU CAN TO GET READY. JUST HANG ON TIGHT.

OUR WEATHER HAS BEEN SO NICE IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. I THINK THERE'S SOME KIND OF GUNSHOW IN TULSA, MAY HAVE TO GO AND CHECK IT OUT.
Posted on: 2017/9/9 13:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Every time I see the coverage of the storms I think of Tommy and his family and animals.
Tommy, I said it earlier, you're a stand up guy for staying to do what you can for the critters. I hope your courage and decency doesn't cost you anything that's irreplaceable.
Posted on: 2017/9/9 13:30

pianoguy Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Nice and calm and sunny here, wish I could send some of this down Tommy's way. A few chores today, then we're going to a party later.

Marcus, best of luck with the big event - we have one of those coming up in January. Safe travels, Tom. And hunker down, Tommy!

Have a good day, yawlz.
Posted on: 2017/9/9 15:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Thinking of Tom a lot, especially since Ivelis and I got to see how beautifully he and Sue keep things earlier this year (and meet all their animals).

I think he's got a little bit of good news—the predicted track is no longer going straight through Homestead.

Posted on: 2017/9/9 17:58

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

TommyT-Bone Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hello. Ya, it looks like we won't get the high but we will get some hurricane action. Last night power went out in the middle of the night. Came back then got knocked out by 09:00 AM. Just got power back but could soon lose it again. It's 5:45 PM. We're cooling down the house and doing stuff we can't do on the generator. The generator performed it's function so far with the lights, ceiling fans, pond pump, refrigerators and freezer and of course. TV. It's been a long day so far. A good 24 hours of possible bad weather and disruptions ahead. The storm has slowed to 9 mph WNW. Never good for a hurricane to stall. Come Monday I'll have "The Rest of the Story.". If I have power. As mentioned it doesn't look like we'll take the brunt of it but, it ain't over till .............That's for the concern guys. We're doing fine (right now).
Posted on: 2017/9/9 21:53

teebee Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, we are in Pagosa Springs. A little over six hours and 007 performed flawlessly. She made 25mpg on the way out. mostly uphill. We got to check in early as our unit was ready. About to head to church.

We got a couple text messages from Marcus, with pictures of the yard, before the sh_t hit the fan. I hope it all turned out well for them.

Prayers still for Tommy and the rest of FLA.
Posted on: 2017/9/9 22:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Sh_t hits the fan Saturday 9-9-2017
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Hello. Ya, it looks like we won't get the high but we will get some hurricane action. Last night power went out in the middle of the night. Came back then got knocked out by 09:00 AM. Just got power back but could soon lose it again. It's 5:45 PM. We're cooling down the house and doing stuff we can't do on the generator. The generator performed it's function so far with the lights, ceiling fans, pond pump, refrigerators and freezer and of course. TV. It's been a long day so far. A good 24 hours of possible bad weather and disruptions ahead. The storm has slowed to 9 mph WNW. Never good for a hurricane to stall. Come Monday I'll have "The Rest of the Story.". If I have power. As mentioned it doesn't look like we'll take the brunt of it but, it ain't over till .............That's for the concern guys. We're doing fine (right now).

Great to hear from you, Tom.

Posted on: 2017/9/9 22:49

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.