Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Control and complacency. These are hard wired into my being. Next thing you know an event will wrestle away control totally upsetting complacency. It happens time and time again even when I know I am NOT in control. I just slowly take the reigns again and knock the results of the offending event back under my control. Insane really. Life is really simple when you live day to day. You do what you have to do. I know I have to let go but will I? Hell no. I'm no smarter than a monkey holding a banana that's in a jar. All he had to do was let go and he be free. Give me another banana .....

Posted on: 2017/10/7 12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.... Tommy, I think we all are guilty of that. And, yes, we can, to some extent, control those uncontrollable things. If we would just allow ourselves to do so. W etend to overreact and let things get out of hand. Maybe we can't control the outcome, but we can control our actions as a result and deal with those results. Whewww, that way too deep for Saturday morning.

Really cool this morning, low 40s. We had a good storm move through last night. Didn't drop a LOT of rain, but brought with it 75-80 mph winds that broke a lot of limbs. The game was delayed for a total of an hour and 16 minutes and the resulting problems (tree limbs down and standing water) left the golf course in pretty bad shape, so the Cross Country meet for this morning has been cancelled. Doesn't really hurt my feelings too much. Still have the wedding this afternoon, but I now have the morning to get some things done in the shop.

I hope that everyone here has a great Saturday.
Posted on: 2017/10/7 13:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE DRYING OUT. SLEPT IN TILL 0730 THIS MORNING; UNUSUAL FOR ME BUT NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS AS MORE ACCOMPLISHED GURUS ;-)

WOOD PILE WORK TODAY, JACK THE PAINTER COMING TO FINISH UP DARLING WIFE'S REDECORATING CAMPAIGN, AND THE TAHLEQUAH GUNSHOW. IT'S NOT MUCH OF A SHOW BUT I VERY OFTEN FIND SOMETHING THERE I'VE JUST GOT TO HAVE. THE TRIP TO F'VILLE WAS CALLED ON ACCOUNT OF RAIN. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER CHANCE MONDAY.

LETTY, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL.
Posted on: 2017/10/7 13:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another gloomy start to the day - well at least I assume it was gloomy at the start of the day, since I slept through a bunch of it.

Tommy, are you saying you like to be master of your domain?

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/10/7 15:06

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Rain rain rain and then more rain.......going to clear off for the Husker game though.....is it a sign.....we will need all we can get against the Badgers....we have beat them once out of 5 years......... Vegas is not giving us much hope as its got us losing by double digits......

We are studying up on EMP strikes and how to prepare......mostly its bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.....as Tommy and others know its a tenuous thread that keeps us all living life as we know it.......and the big player in that is electricity.......we are back to the 1800's without it.......

Onward and upward Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/10/7 15:45

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Rained all evening. Grass was far too wet to cut this morning. Oh darn. I was so looking forward to it...

Letty, hope you're feeling better today.

Gris, glad the winged invaders have been exterminated.

Saw my Matco guy yesterday and didn't buy anything. WTH is wrong with me? Same thing I told the Mac guy...you can't sell me what I already own...

Have a great day Gurus.
Posted on: 2017/10/7 16:25

vetteblondie Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Intermittent sun peeking through the overcast here today, nice and breezy out, the big windchime tuning in now and then. Wobbled myself outside and have the laptop. Dog stickin closeby.
Still didn't get much sleep last night. Thanks for all the well-wishes, hips surgery is a PITA. Am sending BF to the next town over for some handicap toilet accessories, and to pick up some catfish for dinner tomorrow night. I can sit on a stool in here and cook. This being helpless mess is for the birds, not liking it at all. Him gone for a while will give him a break and me too. Every little thing I try to do he's being a helicopter. I understand his concern but I have to try to learn to do things so when he goes back to work I'm not helpless. They did send me home with cool pictures, not sure what I"m looking at but it looks nasty in there. He said it was too.
Hope everyone has a good day and a nice weekend. Wind is picking up here some, I suppose of of you is sending me rain?
Posted on: 2017/10/7 16:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Only sunshine for you Letty......prayers for your complete recovery back to better then you once was.......
Posted on: 2017/10/7 20:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Only sunshine for you Letty ... prayers for your complete recovery back to better then you once was ...

Agreed.

Posted on: 2017/10/7 22:21

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

GRIS Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

AND SPEAKING OF SUNSHINE, IT TURNED INTO A BEAUTIFUL DAY. I'M KICKING MYSELF FOR NOT GOING TO SEE #2 GD PLAY. SHE REPORTEDLY MADE SOME GREAT SAVES AS GOALIE.

NOTHING OF MUCH INTEREST AT THE GUNSHOW, A WINCHESTER M88 CAUGHT MY EYE, I MAY GO BACK AND TRY TO BUY IT CHEAP AND SELL IT AT THE BIG TULSA SHOW AFTER I PLAY WITH IT A LITTLE.

GETTING CLOSE TO DONE ON THE WOODPILE; MY BACK IS EVEN CLOSER TO BEING DONE. THE PAINTER DID NOT GET FINISHED EITHER.
TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY---
Posted on: 2017/10/8 0:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Only sunshine for you Letty......prayers for your complete recovery back to better then you once was.......

+1 heap of get-well mojo!
Posted on: 2017/10/8 0:51

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

+2 Letty.

Home from the wedding/reception/dance. I was the scripture reader at the wedding and then Rosie and I were asked to lead the "Grand March" at the wedding dance. Something we've done more than once. But we tuckered out pretty fast thereafter so came home.

Turned out to be a gorgeous day and evening.
Posted on: 2017/10/8 1:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: $#!++~ Saturday Chat 10.07.17
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I stayed outside all day, body shop friend and his wife brought food over. Bf washed the car, I dried where I could reach. Getting around good so far, but sick already of lying around.
Sounds like y'all all had a good day
Posted on: 2017/10/8 2:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.