Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

God Morning friends!
Posted on: 2017/11/19 13:52

GRIS Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HI Y'ALL.
SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, HAD A SLIGHT FREEZE LAST NIGHT, THE CHEROKEES ARE FROSTY.

RENEWED THE STRAW IN THE DOGHOUSE YESTERDAY AND NOTED THAT IT'S TIME FOR A NEW ONE. THAT WILL BE A MAJOR PROJECT FOR ME NOW. I'VE USED THE SAME PATTERN FOR YEARS, A BOX MADE OF TWO SHEETS OF PLYWOOD, BUT THEY ARE BIG, AWKWARD, AND HEAVY TO MOVE. DON'T THINK I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF ANY MORE AND #3 GRANDSON IS OFF AT COLLEGE. MAYBE I CAN IMPOSE UPON A NEIGHBOR.
Posted on: 2017/11/19 14:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya, I need wood shavings in the pig house. A warm pig is a happy pig. Back to the yard today and any day I can get out there. Weeding, spraying and mulching. It's a major task undertaken at least annually but should be every 6 months. I keep getting pulled off it by someone who wants me to do something else. I weeded the fruit trees a month ago. They've already grown back because I was not afforded the time to spray and mulch. My blood pressure just rose. I can feel it in my face. Company is making good money though. Can't be two Vulcan places at the same Vulcan time.

Attach file:

png  Vulcans.png (177.76 KB)
852_5a119aceb7b04.png 602X339 px
Posted on: 2017/11/19 14:49

Ultraman Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Time for a new Dog? this time get one that you keep in the house and then you won't need the big outside dog house........ I am the father of common sense....... no really I am........

my turn to do the floors today........geez......first I sweep then I go over them with a swifter on the wood floors then I scrub the kitchen floors and the bathroom floors then the entryway........shake all the rugs out and replace them...... we let the merry maids go to save money and now its up to me.....ok us........ I think I better rest up first that sounds like a lot of work....

Do any of the mods hear from Bill out west.......wondered how he was doing on that 67 of his....... kinda miss his updates........ and on his Purple car....

Ok I have stalled long enough.....time to get to work....... have a fine day Guru's......
Posted on: 2017/11/19 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Looks decent out there today, just waiting for my first cup of coffee to kick in. Either today or tomorrow I need to get out there and clean up the multitude of leaves that have had the audacity to blight my previously-spotless lawn. Opportunities after tomorrow may be few and far between. Meanwhile, I am counting on the Viqueens to put in a better effort than the Goofers did yesterday.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2017/11/19 16:24

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Back to daily chat, I see. I think it's a better format.

Got up this morning and had to patch a few screwholes in the drywall. Wife decided she no longer likes the curio cabinet we've had in the front room for the past 10 years. Doesn't matter that I think it looks fine. So that will be going and in the process left 4 holes where I had it secured to the wall. Not a big deal, I've fixed a lot of drywall. It will bother me, though, that the wall paint is about 4 years old so when I touch it up the stairs will be slightly different. Right in the middle of a 20 foot wall. Oh well.

Just had a bite to eat and now I'm killing time for a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Posted on: 2017/11/19 17:21

GRIS Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Wife decided she no longer likes the curio cabinet we've had in the front room for the past 10 years. Doesn't matter that I think it looks fine.

MR. KONG SAY: "HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE.":-0

MARCUS, MY DOGS ARE BOTH ON THEIR LAST LEGS. I KEEP THINKING OF GETTING A GERMAN SHORTHAIR, BUT I WONDER IF THERE WILL BE BIRDS TO HUNT. THE WILD LIFE FOLKS SAY THE QUAIL POPULATION IS BACK TO NORMAL NOW, BUT CAN WE COUNT ON THAT? QUIEN SABE?
Posted on: 2017/11/19 20:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...Got up late this morning, then decided to make a few signs as give aways at our Knights of Columbus meeting this afternoon/evening. With this group we invite the wives and they chat while we meet. So I thought it would be nice to have something to interest them.

It has turned into a pretty nice day. A very cold start, 24, but has warmed up to 60. Not much wind either.

Gris, the quail population has rebounded here too, the pheasants are still struggling. Matt, that's just the way it goes, man. Marcus, that's quite a bit of floor to clean, I'm sure you do a great job on it.

While I was out in the shop, Rosie baked the bird for this Thursday. Made the house smell really good. Looking forward to eating it.

Well, I need to go shower and go to the meeting. Later, gators.
Posted on: 2017/11/19 21:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Let's see.......the goofers run up 54 or so on the hapless Huskers then let Northwestern goose egg them? The same Northwestern that we took to overtime? I'm trying to think what all that means....... must contemplate.......... hmmmmmm hmmmm hmmmmmm
Posted on: 2017/11/19 22:34

j3studio Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

I prefer the daily—it's less disorienting.

Watching football this afternoon, but also watching Twitter as NASCAR changes forever, and not, I think, in a positive way. Losing so many major names in the last few years along with Junior and Kenseth today is a body blow, especially to the Chevrolet presence. There are young drivers to watch, but it's hard to avoid a sense that peak NASCAR has passed when multiple drivers with championships can't get a decent ride for 2018. The real question is how many besides me care ...

Posted on: 2017/11/19 22:41

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

teebee Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Can't get into NASCAR anymore. About the same with NHRA, used to be I wouldn't miss a race on TV. I'll bet I didn't watch more than 30 minutes the entire season this year.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 1:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Dang, I missed a week and therefore the "weekly" chat. The daily is nice, easy to keep up with. On the contrary in another tiny forum I frequent, we have topics and many threads. I like those as well. Different "rooms" as well as the main "off topic" that a few of us stay in.
Been enough at the body shop, the back building sold so property divided, that almost paid off the front, he's happier. the 65 truck was due to go home three weeks ago but the man's not come after it yet. Insurance and family health issues with a grand baby. The 68 Vette and all it's boxes of parts have moved up front, sorted and re grouped. They're in Columbia MO now fixing up on the house they'll be moving into in July. Big 1800's farm house with shop, garage, catfish pond up next to their sons' 165 acre farm. He's a doctor up there. My own house is upside down, been trying to chase falling leaves everywhere, get plants inside, etc. Not winning. Hope everyone has had a good week/weekend.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 1:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

I used to love Nascar back in the days........of big wings and elephant motors and mystery motors and even into the 80's when cars looked like cars you could buy........ in fact, when Awesome Bill from Dawsonville was back doing his thing in that Ford Thunderbird........ I went a bought a brand new 86 2 door Thunderbird with a turbo 4 banger in it........ can't remember what tranny.......but I am thinking it may have been a 5 speed manual.... Nice car...... 150 or so hp....... 87 they added the intercooler to it and upped the ponies........ have you ever reviewed those cars John?

We had our first baby back then and I got real tired putting that car seat in the back of that two door so we traded it off on a nice Ford Bronco SUV...... I was very pissed at Chevy for the junk they were kicking out......how about Diesel Impalas and Corvettes with 190 hp........ I mean some real crap so I took my business elsewhere...... Finally GM got their act together somewhat and I came back to them..... I do like the looks of some of the Ford stuff these days but doubt I will ever go back .........
Posted on: 2017/11/20 2:40

j3studio Re: Back to daily? 11-19-2017
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I used to love Nascar back in the days ... of big wings and elephant motors and mystery motors and even into the 80's when cars looked like cars you could buy ... in fact, when Awesome Bill from Dawsonville was back doing his thing in that Ford Thunderbird ... I went a bought a brand new 86 2 door Thunderbird with a turbo 4 banger in it ... can't remember what tranny ... but I am thinking it may have been a 5 speed manual ... Nice car ... 150 or so hp ...  87 they added the intercooler to it and upped the ponies .... have you ever reviewed those cars John?

Here the debut 1983 Turbo Coupe, updated just for you, Marcus:

https://eightiescars.com/2017/11/20/19 ... -thunderbird-turbo-coupe/

Posted on: 2017/11/20 15:59

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.