Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
185 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee 11/20/17 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Morning guys...
Posted on: 2017/11/20 13:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 11/20/17 chat
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Marcus, I think that is what got me too. When the cars were no longer even stock appearing, it wasn't stock car racing anymore. I think when the Pro-Stock drag cars no longer had stock bodies, it just left a bad taste in the mouth. Both entities just lost a lot of credibility in my mind. About the same time as Bill Elliot, there was Bob Glidden in his T-bird. I gained a lot of respect for Ford in those days. Heck Bob was nearly unbeatable in Pro-Stock. As far as the other classes, (FC & TF) When the participants became corporate and big money, it was who has the most money that became the big guns. I liked the days of the individuals running, the early days, Garletts, Mongoose, jungle jim (Jungle PAM ) Grumpy Jenkins.... those were the days of drag racing.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 13:54

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 11/20/17 chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Working from home today, gonna get out in the yard at the earliest opportunity this afternoon for some clean-up. Just think, in about a month, the days will start getting longer - looking forward to that.

Let's not forget Dandy Dick Landy ;-)

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

It's starting out chilly this morning, 26, but headed to the mid-upper 60s. Rosie and I are going to see my sister later today. Haven't seen her since my brothers' funeral. We need to make the trip more often. Taking her some Christmas plaques I made. So nice we are taking the Corvette.

It will be the first trip since I did the seat, lower bolster repair. This summer as we traveled, I could tell the seat was feeling like I was sitting on the floor. A little research and I find that the seat support (a wire grid) starts cutting into the seat foam. Also the lower seat bolsters do the same. So this kit fixes the issues. You do have to take the cover off the seat, but the job isn't too bad and really improves the seat. I have the second one to put on the passenger side. It doesn't seem to be as bad, but this will be a little preventative maintenance.

I trust everyone here will have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:06

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Yea Dick Landy, too.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:07

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 11/20/17 chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Landy Dodges....... Ramchargers........ I was a big Mopar guy back in the day...... still do like them..... would like to own one...... I would like to even own a new Challenger....... love those cars........ Hemi Cars...... 383's, 440 Six Pak's 340 Demon's Bumble Bee stripes........... oh yeah!

Work today weather is going to be good looks like...... 70 on Friday if you can believe that........ will be going to the Husker game looks like...... may be a close game now that Iowa has lost 2 in a row after beating Ohio State......what the hell is going on here?

Time to get with it........ have a safe day Guru's.......

Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Sox and Martin! How could I have left them out?
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:16

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Quote:

A bit beyond my means, Brad.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:18

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 11/20/17 chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

That looks good Brad.....but just give me the Pappy's.......and we can call it even.........
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:29

GRIS Re: 11/20/17 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

I AM CONTINUALLY AMAZED AT THE SILLY-ASS TRIVIA THE MEDIA CONSIDERS NEWSWORTHY :-/

SUNNY AND COLD THIS MORNING, 64 THE PREDICTED HIGH. A NICE DAY COMING UP. I'VE GOT TO START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE DOG HOUSE; LOOKS LIKE I MAY BE ABLE TO REFURBISH/REBUILD RATHER THAN REPLACE. WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE.

MOMMA AND THE TWINS WERE IN THE FRONT YARD THIS MORNING, SURPRISING CONSIDERING GUN DEER SEASON OPENED SATURDAY.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 14:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: 11/20/17 chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

We all drive Corvettes. $76,000 is chump change.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 16:20

Matatk Re: 11/20/17 chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Wife wanted to move the curio cabinet from the front room which left a few screw holes in the wall. Did a little drywall patch yesterday. Being a perfectionist, I have a tendency to sand way too much and then repatch too many times. I was happy that after some light sanding it was smooth and level so I stopped myself. Put a little coat of primer and it will be ready for touch up paint soon.

Sure beats that outside work, Brad.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2017/11/20 16:28

TommyT-Bone Re: 11/20/17 chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

As I got older I drifted away from just about all sports activities as well as motor sports. I've got too much yard and pet work to do to worry about silly sporting events. I do enjoy an occasional concert or gambling junket from time to time. Is poker a sport? Speaking of pet work, I have a big gray heron raiding my Koi pond. I chased him off a few times. Today a ran him off and he came back about 20 minutes later. I went on the patio and I caught him catching a fish. I ran out making some gawd awful noise and he dropped the fish and flew off. Put Schatzie in the yard to keep an eye out while I took a shower. After I strung up a fishing line fence to try and keep him at bay. Yesterday I put up 3 scarecrows. I guess that's why they call them scarecrows and not scareherons. He was not fazed by the scarecrows. Then I have the Vulcan squirrel that was raiding the bird cages when the screen was down. He's trying to figure a new way in to get to the bird cages. Ahh, country living ...... Bears, hawks, rats and reptiles all keep me on my toes down here.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 18:22

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

If you drop one of these in your car, you'd better be on a first-name basis with your tire salesman:

http://autoweek.com/article/supercars ... 5000-hp-v16-engine-action
Posted on: 2017/11/20 18:38

vetteblondie Re: 11/20/17 chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I'm showing that engine to the BF for my Christmas. He got himself a new truck not long ago so that for me shouldn't be out of the question. Considering I was the one who was supposed to get a truck since I gave him mine for a work truck then it was sold and I never got my replacement and have been without for 2 years. I figure that'll do.
Been pretty cold here although it's been sunny. Yesterday the wind was so bad it blew everything around all over the yard and into the pool. This is Arkansas so it might be summer tomorrow. Or snow. Who knows. Have a good day ya'll.
Posted on: 2017/11/20 23:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 11/20/17 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I have a big gray heron raiding my Koi pond. I chased him off a few times. Today a ran him off and he came back about 20 minutes later. I went on the patio and I caught him catching a fish. I ran out making some gawd awful noise and he dropped the fish and flew off. Put Schatzie in the yard to keep an eye out while I took a shower. After I strung up a fishing line fence to try and keep him at bay. Yesterday I put up 3 scarecrows. I guess that's why they call them scarecrows and not scareherons. He was not fazed by the scarecrows. Then I have the Vulcan squirrel that was raiding the bird cages when the screen was down. He's trying to figure a new way in to get to the bird cages. Ahh, country living ...... Bears, hawks, rats and reptiles all keep me on my toes down here.

THERE'S AN OLD COUNTRY SAYING: SHOOT, SHOVEL, AND SHUT UP :-)
Posted on: 2017/11/21 0:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Nice hour drive to see my sis. We spent almost three hours there with her and BIL. Really enjoyed our visit and they loved the plaques I made for them, she nearly cried when I told her they were hers. She said "I saw the pictures on Facebook, and just loved them." "I know, that's why made these for you." She looked pretty good. Between the cancer and both brothers' deaths she has been struggling with depression. Today was a good day...I am not making any presumptions, but I think it was because Rosie and I, called and talked to her yesterday and told her we were coming to see them. Now we are talking about going to see my older brothers' wife on Sunday, delivering the plaques I made for nephews and niece.
Posted on: 2017/11/21 2:32

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/11/21 2:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.