Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Holy cow I can't believe it's the end of the month already. For that matter, it's the end of the year already! I think this year flew by. Easy to say that when the kids are busy with stuff almost every day. It really fills up all of the gaps between work and sleep...

Speaking of free time I keep telling myself I have some projects to do on the Corvette while she sleeps. How come I never remember that when the free time actually comes around? Oh well, maybe next weekend...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2017/11/29 6:53

Ultraman Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I'm surprised you have any free time with your kids getting of the age of activities...... it goes fast my friend.......

Gris I thought this was open sign up time...... which I took to be a forgiveness of our sins and come on in here we love you from out Uncle Sam.......... No? sonsabitches......... why would we be penalized when we are saving them money........ asshats.......... yeah I gotta get to an office and see if that helps........ all I need at this time I guess is the A program...... but no joy online or calling in.........

Up and out early today.....but not as early as Mathew........ Have a day of wonderment and joy Guru's.....
Posted on: 2017/11/29 12:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I'd have to agree, the confluence of free time and ambition gets more elusive all the time. Unless you're Tom, that is - he seems to have a couple extra helpings of ambition. Meanwhile, I am glad to see this week flying by - been waaaaaaaaaaaay busier than I'd like to be.

Have fun, Gurus!
Posted on: 2017/11/29 13:46

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys.....I guess I was MIA yesterday. Was up and around early delivering the door I was swapping the glass panel for a wood panel. And then I just started in the shop working. Then, in the afternoon, the brown truck...NO, UPS (I've heard it called many things before, but I'm talking about UPS here )....delivered 30 more LED conversion bulbs, so I started swapping the bulbs in the house out...I love these things.

Finally went over and took a few pictures of the kitchen job once the backsplash was finished.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

They are tickled sh!t pink with it. They hosted Thanksgiving there and all their children/family members thought it was wonderful.

Tommy, I had never heard that one before...don't care if I ever hear it again...not a real catchy tune. Gris....

A few things to do in the shop today, so better get to them. Have a great day.
Posted on: 2017/11/29 14:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I'm surprised you have any free time with your kids getting of the age of activities...... it goes fast my friend.......

That reminds me, the other day I was wondering how Uboy is doing off at college. Any updates?
Posted on: 2017/11/29 15:04

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Those cabinets turned out really nice, TB. Very impressive and no wonder they are pleased with the package.

I bought some LEDs for the house and haven't converted anything yet. Are they that much better? I figured I'd wait until bulbs burnt out but if you say they are, maybe I'll start the switch.
Posted on: 2017/11/29 15:05

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Unless you're Tom, that is - he seems to have a couple extra helpings of ambition.

I'm 1/2 his age with 1/2 his ambition...that's how it works, right?
Posted on: 2017/11/29 15:06

GRIS Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT'S CLOUDY AND DRIPPING IN THE NATIONS, BUT WE DID NOT GET NEARLY AS MUCH RAIN AS WE NEEDED. WENT OVER EARLY TO TAHLEQUAH AND GOT MY HAIRCUT, NO WAITING IF YOU GET THERE EARLY :-) IT'S LOOKING LIKE A TWO NAP DAY---

"The money was all appropriated for the top in hopes that it would trickle down to the needy ... Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night anyhow.” Will Rogers
Posted on: 2017/11/29 15:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Free time .... Hah-ha-ha-hah. While I was driving a delivery down to the Keys this morning I was trying to figure out why it seems I had more free time to go fishing and partying than now when I'm semi retired. Maybe it takes me twice as long to do $#!+ so now I don't have any free time. I built up a hell of toy box and no time to play. As a young man I would have been envious of the older me. As the older me I'm less impressed.
Posted on: 2017/11/29 16:13

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I was driving a delivery of a couple of Keys this morning...

So that's how you pay for all of those cruises....I didn't think the market on palm trees was as good as you claim.
Posted on: 2017/11/29 16:48

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
As a young man I would have been envious of the older me. As the older me I'm less impressed.

We agree
Posted on: 2017/11/29 16:49

TommyT-Bone Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
As a young man I would have been envious of the older me. As the older me I'm less impressed.

We agree

I have taught you well, Grasshopper.

Attach file:

jpg  Grasshopper.jpg (33.72 KB)
852_5a1f3b2b6a470.jpg 400X232 px
Posted on: 2017/11/29 22:56

pianoguy Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Great job, Tom!
Posted on: 2017/11/30 0:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Grandson #1 told Rosie he needed to change the oil in his car. So I told him bring it over and we'll do it. So most of my afternoon trying to teach him how to do it. He was a little more receptive today. Of course changing oil meant I got to take the Corvette down and off the lift, so I let it warm up and drove it around the block.
Posted on: 2017/11/30 2:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Whensday? Chat 11.29.17
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Wellllllll........Uboy is giving a half hearted attempt to approach my record of squeezing a 4 year education into 13 years........ My career started in 68 and ended with a degree in 81....... College was a blast dude...... chicks Corvettes, Harley's, rock and roll....... and party party party......... lordy it was a life style......... I did not want to burn out so figured 9 hrs a semester was plenty....... and I really liked summer school....... when the girls all got so tanned........ I was not a bum....... I worked on and off driving truck and helping my Dad in the company I ended up running the rest of my life..........

But.......... the key factor here is when I was in my hay day....... the tuition was 15.50 a credit hour and 35 bucks for an activity ticket........ uh....no books they cost to much.......and rent was only 27 bucks a month living with 10 guys in an old beat up house......... have you seen Animal House? Yeah............. like that. Amazing with that humble beginning I have become such a pillar of the community........ Maybe it was getting married that slapped my into reality......... or maybe I just grew up...... but I gotta smile when I think of those days........

So Uboy is doing well.......and should get out in 5 years so that is next year. He is in Broadcasting and wants to be a sports reporter...... he is doing well thanks for asking........

Posted on: 2017/11/30 3:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Well not everyone can be a ramblin', gamblin' man such as yourself, Marcus. Glad he's doing well.
Posted on: 2017/11/30 6:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.