Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sad Turd Day the 13th
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Goon morning.
Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sad Turd Day the 13th
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Whereas you have people like me who'd give anything to be there and am stuck in a shithole like Arkansas....

Letty, we all can make choices. You can either be a big fish in shithole Arkansas or a small fish in Desert Springs, California, or Tahiti. My travels have brought me to see many places where poverty reigns. If you were to travel you would soon be grateful to have the beautiful home and vehicles you have. Even when you may think you don't have what you want, you live better than over 75% of the population of the world. (Really)

Old story but you'll get the point

http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/global-population-by-income/
Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Everywhere has it's problems. Diesel fuel gelling in the cold weather, wasps nest buried under layers, sub-sub zero temperatures, garages getting water in the heavy rains, pipes freezing inside the wall, windstorms. You can run but you can't hide. I remember hearing a story of a guy in the military that moved/rotated 4 times and experienced 4 major natural disasters in each place he was at. I think they have monsoons in Tahiti. My guess is much of their income is tourist based. The way to amass wealth is to figure a way to extract money from the tourists. As far as the nice looking asses, we have some of that in Homestead/Miami.

Let's learn about Tahiti.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahiti

Attach file:

jpg  tahiti_beauties_2003.jpg (35.90 KB)
852_5a5a18c439863.jpg 247X364 px
Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:25

GRIS Re: Sad Turd Day the 13th
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

TOMMY THAT'S A VERY INTERESTING SITE.

THEY LABEL IT "INCOME" BUT SEEM TO BE TALKING ABOUT DAILY EXPENDITURES. I'D THINK IT WOULD REQUIRE A LOT OF NUMERICAL MANIPULATION TO COME UP WITH THAT FIGURE AND BE SUBJECT TO A LOT OF "INTERPRETATION".

I'D STILL RATHER LIVE IN OKLAHOMA RATHER THAN BOTSWANA.

COLD AND OVERCAST HERE IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. WE MISSED THE NASTY FROZEN PARTICIPATION THEY HAD PREDICTED. THE CHEROKEES ARE HAPPY ABOUT THAT.

THE MAJOR REQUIREMENT TODAY IS BUY BIRDSEED FOR THE FEEDERS. WOULDN'T WANT MY "WELFARE BIRDS" TO HAVE TO FIND THEIR OWN FOOD :-)
Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Everywhere has it's problems. You can run but you can't hide.

REMINDS ME OF THE STORY ABOUT THE GUY BACK IN THE 1930'S WHO FORESAW WAR COMING AND MOVED TO A PLACE THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE: A REMOTE PACIFIC ISLAND CALLED GUADALCANAL :-0
Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:40

teebee Re: Sad Turd Day the 13th
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...I slept in again, just 8:30 but felt good. Not much on the agenda....my cabinet materials never came in yesterday. Not sure where they are. Oh, well. I can't control it, so let it go.

Chilly this morning, 16 now supposed to make it into the low 40s though. I have been quite a few places and personally, I like it here where I am. Everyplace has its' pros and cons, and when it comes down to it, I'm OK with here. Those are nice places to visit, but they ain't home.

I did snow a little bit yesterday afternoon. Temps dropped clouds rolled in and let a few flakes come down.

Posted on: 2018/1/13 14:48

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sad Turd Day the 13th
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! It is sunny and a balmy -7, and no mosquitoes or yard work. Gonna veg out and then go to dinner and a play with some friends. One day closer to Puerto Vallarta, where it is gonna be 82 and sunny. You don't have to look too far behind the curtain to find the poverty there, either. The waiters make 80 pesos/day, about $4, plus tips. And those are good jobs that there is a mile-long waiting list for.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/1/13 17:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sad Turd Day the 13th
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I think it snowed here a bit......long as I do not have to shovel I'm good with it........

Uwoman and I have always said that no matter where you live or how exotic and filled with tropical beauty it is.....soon you will be dealing with the regular things of life and modern pressures........and health concerns....... and then where do you go to get away from it all........?

We live where we live because we were born to it....and we have extended family here.....and our work...... so we put up with the cold and the flatness and the corn....... wait we love the corn.......we are children of the corn.....and we get to have a legitimate bitch about the weather........ not all bad considering........

I see some poor guy from Naples Fl was letting his dog out at 3 am and opened the door and the dog started to go out and then roared back inside so the guy walks out a bit to see what the hell and there are 3 black bears standing there......the mamma bear took offense and smacked him upside the head and knocked him back inside where he managed to get the door shut and then realized he was bleeding like a stuck pig....... called 911 and they came and got him and took him to ER and 40 some stitches later he got to come home....... Florida living is not for the timid.......

Have a neato day Guru's.......
Posted on: 2018/1/13 17:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
modern pressures........and health concerns....... and then where do you go to get away from it all........?

---GRAVEYARD---

I see some poor guy from Naples Fl was letting his dog out at 3 am and opened the door and the dog started to go out and then roared back inside so the guy walks out a bit to see what the hell and there are 3 black bears standing there......the mamma bear took offense and smacked him upside the head and knocked him back inside where he managed to get the door shut and then realized he was bleeding like a stuck pig....... called 911 and they came and got him and took him to ER and 40 some stitches later he got to come home....... Florida living is not for the timid.......

WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN A BEAR SKIN RUG---

IT WAS SELF DEFENSE, WARDEN :-)

Posted on: 2018/1/13 18:16

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2018/1/13 20:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2018/1/13 20:30
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/13 21:42:16
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/13 21:49:59
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/13 21:52:46
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/13 21:55:26
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2018/1/13 21:59:04

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

I agree. People can find the potential beauty wherever they look, like dirty truck backs.
Posted on: 2018/1/13 20:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Check out this partial map ....

Attach file:

jpg  Shithole.jpg (94.11 KB)
852_5a5a6facd287c.jpg 622X622 px
Posted on: 2018/1/13 20:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Gotta win that lotto - a bevy of sweet '63s. I could even look past the goofy seats in the restomod.
Posted on: 2018/1/13 22:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.