Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  HUD
HEADS UP DISPLAY. A DIGITAL PROJECTED DISPLAY ON INSIDE OF WINDSHIELD CONTAINING VEHICLE INFO SUCH AS SPEED, ENGINE TEMP, RPM, ETC. FOR DRIVER INFOR...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday chat 02.02.2018
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good morning CGs!

Mike, hope the wife feels better soon. Sounds like she's on the road to recovery if the doctor said they got it all.

Ken, hope your mom gets better quick.

Cold as heck here. Wind-chill this evening was -6. The weather geniuses say it will snow at a slow pace for three days starting Saturday evening for a total of 9 inches or so. Great. That means constant and repetitive snow shoveling instead of one and done.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2018/2/2 7:27

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Health mojo sent for Mrs. Captmike13 and Ken's mom.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 12:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

captmike13 Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Morning gang.
Thanks for the well wishes. Hope your mom gets better Ken. The Mrs had a stroke when she was 39. It affected her speech center also. If that is the only part affected then that is good. It may take awhile to fully get her speech back. Don't be surprised if she has trouble getting the right word to come out. Ie she'll want to say bus but can't. She knows the word but she will be able to describe it not say it. That gets better over time.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 12:58

captmike13@yahoo.com

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My MIL is is the hospital now. She has a nasty infected leg wound precipitated by the fact that she has been suffering from diabetes for decades now. On IV antibiotics and resting in the hospital. She recently had an MRI and her neurologist said there was no sign of infection. Apparently that diagnosis was wrong. Sue recently had brain scan and we haven't heard back on the results. My understanding is if you don't hear anything that's a good thing. They call you in immediately if there is something they need to discuss. We'll see. Health is such a fragile balance. One day all can be OK and the next .....

Posted on: 2018/2/2 12:58

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Sue's 87 is back in the garage and running like a top. Minor standard maintenance type stuff and a window switch. Have to get some new tires and pads for the back brakes are due. Problem is they don't manufacture a 245 45 16 tire anymore. Pirelli is supposed to have one coming out at the end of the month and I really don't want to buy old stock. Going to a 245 50 16 raises the back and fills up the wheel well. Not a preferred situation on a 911. 2 dogs are going to the groomers, I'm working on home chores and dog trainer is stopping in later this afternoon to see if we can do some behavior modification on the pack. Might say it will be a dog day afternoon.

Check out this vid. Flashback in time.

Posted on: 2018/2/2 13:13

KPotter Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Busy day ahead.

Heading over to PA to visit with Mom for a few hours. Stopping at the florist first to get something to brighten her room up. Plus I have a few treats for her to enjoy.

It is about a 1 1/2 hour ride each way.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 13:39

teebee Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...colder here this morning, 15 now headed to mid 50s and breezy.

Much mojo for the Mrs Captmike and for your mom Ken. Tommy, I'd say you were right, "no news is good news". I do hope that 2018 starts to look up for you.

16" performance tires are almost a thing of the past, something C4 owners have been facing the last several years.

Rosie and I are headed out to install cabinets pretty soon. should be done by noon (I hope). I had a phone call yesterday afternoon, from a classmate in high school. I hadn't heard from him in 30+ years. "Going to be coming through, thought we might talk." So he came by last evening and, more or less, offered me a job to go to work for him. He used to do custom cabinets/furniture, like I do and has gotten away from the actual work side and goes into the home, designs the kitchens, right there with the homeowners help an shows them what the kitchen will look like in 3D, and gives them a price, sells them the cabinets, walks away from the deal. Leaving the homeowner to find get them installed themselves. Or works with the contractor and owner to do the same. Main tool he uses is his laptop computer with some neat software. He deals with three or four cabinet manufacturers and ships the cabinets directly to the place where they are installed. He was looking for someone with construction/kitchen design/computer skills to hit the road doing what he does. As his business has boomed and now he's covering most of the state. I respectively declined. Having the software to show the ladies what the final product would like, was cool...I'd like to be able to do that, but the software isn't cheap and I can't justify the expense. And, at this time, I still like building the cabinets. Rosie asked if I were considering it, "Nah, I like being home in the evenings. And would prefer not to be on the road that much." It does sound right up my alley. He thought so too, that's why he proposed it to me.

Well, I better get my sh!t together.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 13:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

+1, and for your MIL also, Tommy!

It is a balmy -9, a tropical treat for our Super Bowl visitors. It is a good time to be a hat and mitten salesman. And the &*$@^@# groundhog says 6 more weeks of this. Meanwhile, the countdown to Puerto Vallarta is getting shorter.

Bundle up, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/2/2 14:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I respectively declined.

Respectfully as well.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 14:46

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Brad, I would like to suggest this day trip for you. See if the resort can hook you up or take a shuttle to downtown to the tour office where the tour begins. Sue and I really enjoyed it. Maybe you've already done it. See if you can get a better price. It's $99 pp on the cruise ships.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction ... ures-Puerto_Vallarta.html

Or maybe something more to your liking but we really like the Hidden Mexico tour.

https://www.vallarta-adventures.com/en/
Posted on: 2018/2/2 14:58

Ultraman Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Prayers for wellness for all the ailing...... may they all recover fully....

It's cold here also......where is spring time at? It's February..... How about a good news bad news scenario.......hey honey we won free Super Bowl Tickets........really? what's the bad news? It's in Frozen Hell Minnesota......oh.....see what you can get for them on Ebay..........

Will be in office today staying warm and working on stuff........

Found this footage of Brad on his commute running a bit late.......

https://youtu.be/7aRASmCp5Ew

Have a splendid day Guru's......
Posted on: 2018/2/2 15:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ha - that looks like a gas!

Meanwhile:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2018/2/2 15:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
My MIL is is the hospital now. She has a nasty infected leg wound precipitated by the fact that she has been suffering from diabetes for decades now. On IV antibiotics and resting in the hospital.

Hope she feels better soon.
Posted on: 2018/2/2 16:02

Matatk Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Sue recently had brain scan and we haven't heard back on the results.

On a related note, Tommy recently had a brain scan. Despite scanning, doctors still couldn't find it (ba-dum-tsss...that's what happens when you have small children...your jokes are small minded...get it? Ok, I'll stop now)
Posted on: 2018/2/2 16:04

GRIS Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

+1, and for your MIL also, Tommy!

+2

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE CHEROKEES BUT IT'S STILL COLD. SUPPOSED TO GET A PNEUMONIA BOOSTER SHOT TODAY, I JUST CAN'T WAIT.

DARLING WIFE HAD A BRAIN SCAN ONE TIME; THEY DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING. I HAD OCCASIONALLY SUSPECTED---
Posted on: 2018/2/2 16:49

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Friday chat 02.02.2018
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Health mojo and prayers for everyone that is ailing and hopes that all your family members get much better quickly.
Busy day at the body shop, trying to get 2 cars ready to move to MO in 2 weeks and obstacles all around. Need a small part, spend 3 hours driving all over town looking for it. That kind of thing. Order stuff, Fed Ex won't delivery, you have to find them, then it's the wrong stuff, etc. Cold again today, but at least sunny. Pretty soon we'll be complaining about the heat.
Have a good Friday everyone
Posted on: 2018/2/2 23:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Brad, I would like to suggest this day trip for you. See if the resort can hook you up or take a shuttle to downtown to the tour office where the tour begins. Sue and I really enjoyed it. Maybe you've already done it. See if you can get a better price. It's $99 pp on the cruise ships.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction ... ures-Puerto_Vallarta.html

Or maybe something more to your liking but we really like the Hidden Mexico tour.

https://www.vallarta-adventures.com/en/

Thanks! My sons have done the zip line and swimming with the dolphins, they really enjoyed it. We've done a whale-watching and snorkeling tour that was fun. The last few years we have just vegged out o the beach - who knows, maybe we'll feel adventurous this year.
Posted on: 2018/2/3 2:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.