Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Tis the 9th of February
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

.....day 2 of the wife's flu......... I am not a nurse I find out.......or I need to double my efforts........ she is a sick pup...... so much for the flu shot.....wow..........

Cold windy and I have meetings in another small village.....warming the truck up for about an hour.......

will catch you all on the flip flop........
Posted on: 2018/2/9 13:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CorvetteBob Re: Tis the 9th of February
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Take good care of MrsU. With the flu as bad as it is, get her to the Doctor.
I went when I had it and I’m glad I did. A couple days before Christmas I lost a friend of 40 years to it.
Good thoughts to you both.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 14:10

pianoguy Re: Tis the 9th of February
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Busier than I want to be on a Friday, but that'll make the work day go by faster. At least I think it is Friday, since I put the garbage out.

Flu mojo, Marcus, and so sorry about your friend, Bob.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/2/9 14:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Tis the 9th of February
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HIPPO BIRDIE TWO ROSIE!

SEMI SUNNY AND NOT SO COLD IN THE NATIONS, MAY HIT 60 THEY SAY. YESTERDAY WAS NICE, WARM ENOUGH TO DO SOME WATER RELATED THINGS OUTSIDE THEN WE WENT OVER TO TAHLEQUAH AND HAD SUPPER AT OUR FAVORITE ORIENTAL RESTAURANT, THE "ASIAN STAR". THEIR FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD AND THEY HAVE A GOOD VARIETY.(I DON'T EAT THE CUT BAIT) AND THIS WEEKEND THEY ARE TALKING ICE AGAIN. BUMMER

TODAY'S EXCITING ENDEAVOR WILL BE BUYING BIRD SEED. MY LIFE CONSISTS OF COMFORTABLE TRIVIALITIES.

A JOYOUS DAY TO ALL---
Posted on: 2018/2/9 14:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Tis the 9th of February
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I couldn't make this $#!+ up. Sue went to visit he mom last night. She looked at the sheets and found little bugs crawling on the sheets and her mom covered in bite marks. (Pics to prove it) Sue notified staff, stripped the bed, washed it down with bleach, washed her mom and changed her clothes and changed the bedding. That's just Vulcan ridiculous. She told me the staff there is basically uncaring. Going to have to find the right state agency to report this to. Seems like that facility needs some unwanted attention.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 15:20

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I was thinking AH-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah Wipeout Friday.

Posted on: 2018/2/9 15:23

GRIS Re: Tis the 9th of February
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I couldn't make this $#!+ up. Sue went to visit he mom last night. She looked at the sheets and found little bugs crawling on the sheets and her mom covered in bite marks. (Pics to prove it) Sue notified staff, stripped the bed, washed it down with bleach, washed her mom and changed her clothes and changed the bedding. That's just Vulcan ridiculous. She told me the staff there is basically uncaring. Going to have to find the right state agency to report this to. Seems like that facility needs some unwanted attention.

THAT'S UNFORGIVABLE, TOMMY. BEST GET YOUR MIL OUT OF THERE.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 15:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

One of my old neighbors' nephew was the drummer for the band. The neighbor gave me his autographed by the band 45 of this song and I have it in my collection. (Somewhere). We have some interesting music related stuff. A Buddy Guy signed pick, a John Popper (Blues Traveler) harmonica and more stuff as well. Most stuff is just lying around, like everything else.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 15:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

THAT'S UNFORGIVABLE, TOMMY. BEST GET YOUR MIL OUT OF THERE.

I'm with you on that, GRIS. Let's see what my FIL and their insurance company come up with. WTF is wrong with people today. Many want the money but not the work. This kind of $#!+ gets my goat till I go to some far off land and see that we are lucky to have hospitals.

Posted on: 2018/2/9 15:38

pianoguy Re: Tis the 9th of February
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good lawd, that is terrible about your MIL, Tommy - give 'em hell!

Meanwhile:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2018/2/9 16:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CorvetteBob Re: Tis the 9th of February
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

If you have pics to prove it all, maybe you just need to find the right local tv station and raise hell that way.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 16:40

captmike13 Re: Tis the 9th of February
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Get better mojo to MrsU.
Good afternoon gang.
Mrs capmike13 came home from the hospital today.
I agree Tommy that is just unforgivable.
On the weather note we had about 3 inches of snow last night and should get about another 3 by the end of the weekend.

Have a good weekend gurus.
Posted on: 2018/2/9 18:54

captmike13@yahoo.com

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

If you have pics to prove it all, maybe you just need to find the right local tv station and raise hell that way.

Thought about that too. We have "Send It To 7."
Posted on: 2018/2/9 18:54

Ultraman Re: Tis the 9th of February
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Tommy are you talking about a hospital or a old folks home? If it was a hospital I would raise so much hell the damn place would have all new management and employees....WTF...... if its an old folks home I would raise so much hell the damn place would have all new management and employees.....WTF2......

That's like the place we have my Mom and step dad.....costs $7K a month and they are lucky to keep employees for a couple of months...... I tell the administration I am watching....always watching......the food is nothing to write home about either...... hell for that much money I would expect an ice sculpture every now and then.....

Just ranting......
Posted on: 2018/2/9 20:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Tis the 9th of February
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Marcus, I hope Ultrawoman feels better soon.

TB, happy birthday to the wife.

Tommy, very sorry to hear about the lack of care that your mother-in-law is getting. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Cold here with a lot of snow. We got about a foot dumped on us in the last 24 hours. All schools were closed and most businesses were closed as well. The snow finally stopped within the last half-hour. Hopefully that means the plows can get out and finish the roads because they are really bad.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2018/2/10 0:12

vetteblondie Re: Tis the 9th of February
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I was just about to say.. here the nursing home is $4500-$5000 a month and if I'd walked in and seen that I'd have raised so much hell the walls would have caved in and Satan himself would have personally handed me an award. Finding your state agency should be a simple Google search and start with printing photos and having your elder care attorney (get one if you don't have one) send everything to them with a nice letter. While you're at it, ask for reimbursement of that month's expenses plus any extra medical care, pain and suffering on her part. Move her immediately to a new facility - there's a grading scale here for them you can find online. Might be where you are as well. Stuff like that burns my ass to see. Having it on the local news would be at the top of my list as well as a visit with the publisher of the local papers.
Feel better mojo to U-Woman and Mrs. Captmike. Sorry about the loss of your friend, Bob.
It was summer here today, but supposed to be rainy and winter again tomorrow. Had planned on an event at the Memphis Botanical Gardens tomorrow but when I finally got around to getting tickets ordered of course they're sold out. Not sure why BF can never do this crap....
Posted on: 2018/2/10 1:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.