Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Not raining here but I'm sure it's raining somewhere.

Posted on: 2018/2/12 13:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Rainy Days ans Mondays 02.12.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! It seems to be getting light earlier, so hopefully that means spring is around the corner. I will welcome its arrival. Meanwhile, they are starting to tear down the ice palace - apparently it will take 6-7 days to do the job.

Today's lesson:

Resized Image

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2018/2/12 13:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Watching the Olympics last night and a team USA gold medal winning male figure skater being interviewed was talking about his pre-skate nerves. He told the interviewer something to the effect of I wish I could have taken a Xanex or had a stiff drink before I went out there. Now theres a role model right there.

Posted on: 2018/2/12 13:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2018/2/12 13:34

GRIS Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLEAR AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WE MAY GET ABOVE FREEZING TODAY. THE CHEROKEES ARE IN FAVOR OF THAT.

VALENTINE'S DAY COMING UP, HAVE TO GET FLOWERS, CANDY, FOR DARLING WIFE. MARCH IS APPROACHING, FULL OF BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARYS, AND OTHER "GIFTY" OCCASIONS. GOT TO START PROSPECTING---

IT'S AUTO ROTATION DAY, THE TOMATO COMING ON LINE, I CAN VAGUELY REMEMBER A TIME WHEN IT WAS WARM ENOUGH TO PUT THE TOP DOWN :-0
Posted on: 2018/2/12 14:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Candy and flowers are a no go in my house especially being in the plant business. Guess I'll take Sue to dinner on the 13th to beat the rush. Better early than late or not at all. Right, Marcus? Course with Mrs U being under the weather you can tell her you'll take her to dinner when she feels better .... Or ..... you can give her a "GET WELL"/HAPPY VALENTINES DAY" bouquet .... or not ..........
Posted on: 2018/2/12 14:05

Ultraman Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Already gave here a nice bouquet of flowers...to cheer her up.......she is up and moving around so some improvements are being noted.......grumpyness scale is still off the charts........

Looking seriously at a 57 station wagon down in Louisiana......I am to the point of talking with the owner...... its on eBay.........more on that later....

Today is cold......it seems like it has been a long cold winter....much colder than it normaly is around here........ or I am getting older....... we have been talking about winters in Naples Florida......maybe Tommy has some input.....we like Phoenix but love the beaches......sunny beaches........more on that later also.....

Have a real nice and rewarding day Guru's......
Posted on: 2018/2/12 15:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

KPotter Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well, another week begins. I am scheduled to go over to PA today, Wednesday, and Friday to visit with Mom. She is still in the hospital but recovering very well. She is frustrated with her speech but it is coming along. With any luck, she will get discharged this week. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes over the past few weeks, they help.
Posted on: 2018/2/12 15:27

pianoguy Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm pretty sure you should have that wagon, Marcus ;-)

Continued mojo for your mom, Ken.
Posted on: 2018/2/12 16:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Looking seriously at a 57 station wagon down in Louisiana......I am to the point of talking with the owner......

we have been talking about winters in Naples Florida......maybe Tommy has some input.....we like Phoenix but love the beaches......sunny beaches........more on that later also.....

57 Chebby? What wagon?

Naples is nice. I like it. There is rural Naples, suburban Naples and downtown Naples. A couple thousand golf courses. Nice nearby beaches like Marco Island and Bonita Beach. High end shopping readily available. Nice cruisers and motor cycles abound. Fishing, eating, drinking and all the fun stuff can be found there. Beats the hell out of the more crowded areas but Naples has been growing through the years. I remember the good old days of Florida in the late 70's and 80's. After that Florida started getting too Vulcan crowded for my taste. But, that being said, it's still a nice place.
Posted on: 2018/2/12 18:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2018/2/12 19:41

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Was just offered a 56 Cheby by a friend on the other forum..... I never thought he would part with it but he says they would if we were interested...... more pics later...... the car is excellent.....about 10K more then the 57 in Louisiana but still reasonable for being a lot more car inside and out......

It is up in the Seattle area so we can fly out to see #1 daughter and drive it home......that would be fun.....

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corve ... 5556ae50045fd16b24dee.jpg
Posted on: 2018/2/12 20:31

teebee Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...started out this morning gathering tools up for the counter top install up at the technical school my former student teaches at. Counter top material is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I called and ordered some wood for a guy here in town to be delivered tomorrow here. Then about 30 minutes later, my supplier calls back and says"Uh, your counter top material didn't get on the truck for delivery to the tech school this week. They didn't see it or couldn't find it when they loaded Friday." Me, "Sh!t, you're kidding me, right?" "No, but it's no big deal right? We'll ship it out on next weeks truck." Me, "Ah, NO it is a big deal as I had it planned to do it this week, Thursday and Friday. I can't do it next week as I'm having surgery. And will be unable to do it for at least a month after that. Yea, it is a big deal." Big pause on the other end, "Gee, I'm sure sorry about that." Yeah.

Rosie comes home from her meeting at work and I tell her, she's not too keen on the mix up either. Well, we then decide to go over to the 'city' to pick up a couple things. While we are there I tell Rosie my phone has been screwing up, so she says, let's go look at new phones. So we go in to the Verizon store and I'm looking at new iphones and end up buying an 8+ where the viewable screen area is bigger than my old 5s. They also have a deal going where if you buy a new iPhone, you buy a new iPad for like 60% off. Rosies' iPad has been acting up and I've been looking at replacing it for her anyway, so I got her a new iPad too.

I'll clean off the old iPad and sell it on FB marketplace. Maybe for 1/2 to 3/4 of what the new cost me. No-brainer.

Wow, you serious about the 56 Marcus? That is such a cool car. Personally, I like 56s better than 57s anyway.

Started out cold this morning, but warmed up to mid 40s, but the wind has been blowing making feel colder. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 60s.
Posted on: 2018/2/12 23:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Already gave here a nice bouquet of flowers...to cheer her up.........

I'm glad she seems to be on the mend.
As some of you may have noticed, I have a bit of a "different" outlook on humor. If it was my wife that had the flu on Valentine's Day, the flowers would have a sympathy card instead of a romantic one. Heh,heh,heh....
Posted on: 2018/2/12 23:57

vetteblondie Re: Rainy Days and Mondays 02.12.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Continued mojo for yours Ken and glad to hear Mrs. U is getting better.
Sunny and pretty here today but my gawd the wind! Finished some small details on the 68 Vette at the shop so it could be transported and it's now loaded onto a trailer and ready to haul, his truck is packed to the gills inside the bed, inside the cab, front seat and floorboard. He plans to leave at 6, drive all 6 hours, get there, unload and drive home. I packed so much crap in there he'll still be unloading come supper I'll bet. We're due for 70 Thursday but of course, rain. Rain all next week too. This is getting old.
That's a really pretty wagon, looks beachy, like it should be sitting on the sand with a surf board sticking out of it.
Posted on: 2018/2/13 0:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
That's a really pretty wagon, looks beachy, like it should be sitting on the sand with a surf board sticking out of it.

Ah, there is no surfing in Naples, Fl except on the web. Best time to surf in any of Florida is right before a hurricane.
Posted on: 2018/2/13 0:59

Huskerland
14706 Posts

we could still put a paddle board on it though right? That would look cool........ yeah!

Well if we can reach an agreement on price it just might happen but am waiting for Uwoman to get better.....I gave her some real incentive today.......I told her the new Dollar General was now open in town..... she showed an immediate improvement......
Posted on: 2018/2/13 1:36

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That is a cool-lookin' 56, Marcus! What is sad is that you can't find a nice 55-56-57 for a couple hundred bucks anymore.
Posted on: 2018/2/13 2:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.