Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
181 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS FRIDAY THE 16TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND MILD AT THE MOMENT, SUPPOSED TO CLEAR OFF LATER.
Posted on: 2018/3/16 12:43

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: FRIDAY THE 16TH
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Nice and sunny, and headed for 40-ish today. At the rate the snow is melting, my yard should be free of snow by June.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2018/3/16 12:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: FRIDAY THE 16TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

IT DID MANAGE TO RAIN A TAD LAST NIGHT, NOT ENOUGH TO AMOUNT TO MUCH, BUT IT WILL KEEP THE DUST DOWN FOR A WHILE. DUST FROM GRAVEL ROADS IS ANOTHER JOY OF COUNTRY LIVING.

I MAY HAVE MENTIONED THE IRONY OF THE CHEROKEE NATION PAYING FOR PAVING A HALF MILE OF ROAD LEADING TO OUR HOUSE BUT LEAVING THE ROAD WHERE OUR CHEROKEE NEIGHBORS LIVE UNPAVED. PERSONAL RECONNAISSANCE IS A CONCEPT TO BUREAUCRACY UNKNOWN.

I smile because I don't know what the hell is you’re saying.
Posted on: 2018/3/16 12:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: FRIDAY THE 16TH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.

Wife had been pining for a new entertainment center for the living room. She never liked the one we have (I like it just fine and it is already paid for). Once we got the new TV she liked it even less. We went looking at a few stores last year and the prices were exorbitant. We would have ended up spending about $1,500 on one that we liked (for particle board). I told her to hold off and we would keep looking around. She has been looking on the Facebook Marketplace for a while to find a nice one. It's hard because she wants black and it has to fit a 65 inch television. After months of looking she found one yesterday not too far from us. So we drove over to the ritzy neighborhood and pulled up at a literally million dollar house. The lady selling it was very nice. They just moved in and their entertainment center wouldn't fit down the stairs. Custom built, solid wood, black, 3 piece with two towers on the side and a center. It was about a $3,000 piece of furniture. Paid $300 for it. Wife is super happy. We could only take the two towers in the truck yesterday because the centerpiece is too heavy to move alone. Going back tomorrow morning with my brother-in-law and a buddy and we'll get it moved. I put the two towers in the living room this morning and it looks good already. Definitely worth the wait.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/3/16 15:33

pianoguy Re: FRIDAY THE 16TH
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2018/3/16 19:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: FRIDAY THE 16TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

What a day. Sue wanted me to work for a few hour sat the nursery. I started at 07:45 A.M. I ended the day at 07:45 P.M.. I'd say that's a few hours. Ended my day getting pulled over by Florida Highway Patrol. Commercial Enforcement for a random safety check. Didn't have a fire extinguisher. (Never had a fire extinguisher) and the cab running lights on top were out all the way around. We don't really run at night so it's never been a factor. In any case it failed the random safety check but no fines. Just a fix it list and a mail in compliance. She wants my help tomorrow to. Probably only for a few hours ........
Posted on: 2018/3/17 2:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.