Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 19 MAR 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CONGRATS ON THE NEW TRUCK, TEE
Posted on: 2018/3/19 13:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 19 MAR 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, YESTERDAY/LAST NIGHT'S RAIN DIDN'T EVEN AMOUNT TO A QUARTER INCH. THE CHEROKEES ARE DISAPPOINTED.

GOT TO REMEMBER TO PICK UP PILLS FOR DARLING WIFE TODAY, I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO IT FRIDAY:-0

BREAKFAST AT BOOMERANG THIS MORNING AND AUTO ROTATION, MAYBE SOME PICKUP OF BLOW DOWNS IN THE YARD.
Posted on: 2018/3/19 13:15
Edited by GRIS on 2018/3/19 13:37:10

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: 19 MAR 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya, congrats on the new truck. I'll give you $15k for it right now, sight unseen.

Busy. busy, busy. Worked yesterday for a bit. Company made a few bucks so it's all good ...... I guess.

I have to go check out the clearance lights on the top of the box on the box truck and see what I can rig up. I should do some mowing but not really motivated. Don't feel like doing

Dog trainer comes over at 03:00 PM. Just woke up at 07:00, now 09:30, and I'm ready for a nap.
Posted on: 2018/3/19 13:25

pianoguy Re: 19 MAR 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! At about 2:30 this afternoon, I will have completed another lap around the sun. On second thought, DST didn't exist back then, so I guess it'll be 3:30. Perhaps I'll cut out of here early and have a tasty beverage, maybe at 2:30 just on general principles.

Congrats on the new ride, Tom!

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/3/19 13:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 19 MAR 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... You know, the funny thing about that post yesterday, I wrote it right after I started the chat....I hit submit and went off to church. Checked last night, after a very full day, and it hadn't posted. Oh, well.

As I said, it was a very busy day. Being gone for over a week made for a lot of catching up. It might take me a couple of days to get it all done.

Cold (because of the wind) today, just above freezing now and headed towards mid 40s. Supposed to warm up as the week progresses.

So sorry about Johns' friend, those are tough times. Tommy, I respectfully decline your offer Happy birthday Brad.

Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2018/3/19 13:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 19 MAR 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Happy birthday Brad...... it seems like those trips around the sun are going faster......

Sooooo...... Tee.....got a newer pickup.......pics or it didn't happen..... I hate those dealerships where they have to go back to the manager and then come back and then go back and ...... screw them.... I want NO DRAMA when I get a vehicle..... I used to love going round and round with those idiots but finally came to the conclusion that I was to old for that chit......

Now I just go out to our local dealership and sit down with a cup of coffee and we work a deal out....... much better...... congrats on the new ride...

Snowed here this morning....... winter is not done with us yet......

Have a snappy day Guru's...
Posted on: 2018/3/19 15:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: 19 MAR 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Happy birthday, Brad!

Congrats on the new truck, TB!

I got the stereo and wiring hooked up in the new entertainment center. Of course some of the speaker wiring is too short since the receiver is moved over a few feet from the original location. I need to get some more wire later. After that it will be done.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/3/19 16:44

pianoguy Re: 19 MAR 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Thanks, yawlz! Yes, sadly it seems my lap times are improving :P
Posted on: 2018/3/19 17:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 19 MAR 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

just unbend some coat hangers Matt....save some bucks... use duct tape also......

Posted on: 2018/3/19 17:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 19 MAR 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Happy Birthday

It's been awhile ...

Posted on: 2018/3/19 17:58

vetteblondie Re: 19 MAR 18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Happy Birthday Brad!
Yeah, pics on that truck! Congrats!! I'm still keeping my eye open for a used one for myself. A new pool liner with installation starting Thursday was another dent in the budget for mine, however. It'll all work out. I wish I could get the BF around to the notion that you don't have to have a branddangednew truck or change vehicles like you change drawers. Would save us a ton. I could buy a house for what his payment is Or two trucks.
Very sorry to hear about your friend John, that makes the 3rd or 4th person I've heard about in hospice care just recently. Very sad news. Prayers for all.
Took a drive Saturday with the local Vette club to the cajun place I like - heard a vroom come up beside me - a Hellcat picking on everyone of us in line, all 32 of us. Whoever was up front took him on - top down and all until the wife hollered about her hair and the wind beating her to death at about 150 plus so he quit. I've also got a funny photo of the guy in front of me in his supercharged Callaway getting passed by a Dodge Dart. I plan on sending that to him.
If anyone has a 2002 - I happen to have all the original stereo equipment that came out of my 02 car. The deck, I'm told by the BF will have to be programmed as they're tied to the car's VIN - thank the stereo thieves starting in 2000 for that one however all other components should be plug and play. Not sure what programming would cost, don't figure it would be too bad but if you need the original there it is: speakers, CD changer, deck, should be all of it. I can double check if anyone is interested. Not sure what it would be worth ??
Off today cleaning house ya'll have fun doin what you're doin..
Posted on: 2018/3/19 18:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Resized Image

As Marcus will attest, the new one isn't much different than my old one (in the background). Both, old and new, are Chevy Silverados LTZ Z71 Crewcabs. 5.3 White with Tan/brown leather interiors. The new one has a little more chrome than the old one, wheels, nerf bars and trim around the windows. On the way home it did about 3mpg better than the old one too.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 1:19

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I have the tool to unlock that radio, it's a Tech2 scanner.
Posted on: 2018/3/20 1:28

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 19 MAR 18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

The BF does as well, but for anyone outside the area, buyer would have to get it figured out. He did say that one would have to go back into an 02 though. Not sure how come he didn't tell me that part.
Posted on: 2018/3/20 2:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.