Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS EASTER
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CHRIST IS RISEN---
Posted on: 2018/4/1 12:54

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: EASTER
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL THIS MORNING, SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND GET COLD. THE CHEROKEES THINK THIS MOST UNSATISFACTORY.

WE'RE OFF TO OKMULGEE FOR A VERY CROWDED EASTER DAY WITH BOTH DAUGHTERS, ALL THEIR KIDS, AND SOME RANDOM CHINESE #3 GRANDSON IS BRINGING OVER FROM OSU.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!
Posted on: 2018/4/1 12:59

Ultraman Re: EASTER
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

He has risen indeed.........

Glad we have a 4x4 to get us to Easter Services......since its snowing here...... on Easter...... I remember Easters with flowers and green grass where did that go? I blame daylight savings.......

Have a great day Guru's........ there will be lots of food as we head to the buffets after church......
Posted on: 2018/4/1 12:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: EASTER
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I am pretty sure that Jesus got up before me. It is a balmy 18 degrees, so I doubt if I'll be poking my nose outside before the horde arrives later this afternoon for dinner. Pretty soon I'll be hiding my own Easter eggs.

Enjoy the day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/4/1 15:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: EASTER
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Greetings! I am pretty sure that Jesus got up before me.

You'd have a long way to go to compete with Jesus. He laid down late Friday and didn't get up till Sunday.

Posted on: 2018/4/1 15:46

teebee Re: EASTER
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....We slept in 'til almost 10. We went to church last night. Holy Saturday is a big deal, the service lasted about twice as long as a 'normal' Sunday service. Father called me about 2 hours before the service and asked me, "Who is taking care of the fire?" I told him, I hadn't really planned on going, but if he needed someone to take care of the fire, I would do it. So I got there in plenty of time to do several other little things that needed done before the service began. Then as time got closer to start, no one showed up to serve, so I volunteered to serve.

It's pretty chilly here today too, almost noon and not even up to freezing yet. They say, low 40s but it's going to have to hurry. Tomorrow they are predicting upper 70s, maybe 80.

We have #2 daughter coming over, at least one GS, maybe some others.. we'll see who shows. Rosie has plenty of food, so anything left will feed me through the next week. As Rosie has meetings in Wichita Tuesday through Thursday.

Well, better get to helping get things ready.... later guys.
Posted on: 2018/4/1 16:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: EASTER
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Happy Easter gang. It's cool here too this morning. At least we have sunshine. The Mrs is two and a half weeks into radiation treatment. It's starting to affect her now. But we have high hopes that when this is done she'll be all better. Sore throat and messed up taste buds are what's bothering her now. We hope this is as bad as it gets.

Well that's all for now. Have a HAPPY EASTER gang.
Posted on: 2018/4/1 16:54

captmike13@yahoo.com

Matatk Re: EASTER
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Happy Easter Gurus!

Mike, best wishes for the wife and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I attended church with the wife and kids today and it didn't burn to the ground and my feet didn't catch on fire....so that's a good start to the day.

Had traditional Polish Easter breakfast when we woke up. This afternoon it's off to the family's house.

Tommy, funny comment to your post yesterday. You mentioned having play money and enjoying your retirement. Wife and I were talking about retirement and the house I'd like to live in...1800 sq ft ranch with a 3 car attached garage and a pole barn in the back for at least 4 cars plus a shop. She acted surprised and asked what I planned on doing, working on my cars when I retire? Well, obviously the answer was yes. She asked how many I planned on having, I told her 3-4. Then she asked where I planned on getting the money for all of this...I told her my bank account and she scoffed at me. I was pretty pissed off by then. Then I told her "if your lazy ass thinks you're working part time while the kids are in middle/high school you've got another thing coming." She did not like that. But it's true. A nurse makes good money in the Chicago area. Work hard today to relax tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/4/1 17:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Much mojo for your Mrs., Mike!

Here ya go, Matt - I wish this blog had been around when I was young:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
Posted on: 2018/4/1 17:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CorvetteBob Re: EASTER
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

CHRIST IS RISEN---

Happy Easter everyone
Posted on: 2018/4/1 18:27

vetteblondie Re: EASTER
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Health mojo for Mrs. Mike!
Happy Easter to all ~
Already have had the nursing home visit, took her some things last week and a few other things today. One of the residents passed away yesterday morning. A friend of mine who used to own the local Ford dealership took care of that lady. He still came to help get some of the other residents arranged like he usually does. He had just lost his mother not long ago also, wondering what he will do with his time now. We had beautiful summer weather yesterday and today the high should only reach 49 with overcast skies and rain later on. Gotta love Arkansas weather. Got all the bushes trimmed yesterday and I'm sore all over. Need to be out there cleaning up my mess but a nap feels like it's creeping up on me.
Posted on: 2018/4/1 18:31

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: EASTER
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Matt, RNs make pretty good money everywhere. Public servants, like me, not so much, so we have to make good on our investments and be smart with our money. Right now, Rosie is still working for health insurance, until we reach the age where we can go onto Medicare. Try to get her to understand that.

Mike we say a prayer for the Mrs. Matt, you could try church even more often and find that your feet still don't catch fire....
Posted on: 2018/4/1 19:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: EASTER
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

I read a couple of his blogs. Interesting, not sure how much I can follow a semi-retired millionaire for financial advice.
Posted on: 2018/4/1 19:09

GRIS Re: EASTER
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
---its snowing here...... on Easter...... I remember Easters with flowers and green grass where did that go? I blame daylight savings.......

WRONG, IT'S CAUSED BY GLOBAL WARMING. SUNSHINE ON EASTER WILL ONLY RETURN IF YOU GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO ALGORE.

GREAT EASTER AT #1 DAUGHTERS, I FEEL LIKE A GATOR THAT SWALLOWED A PIG, COULD GO WITHOUT EATING FOR DAYS. OK, MAYBE HOURS :-) TOTALLY DISMAL DAY, MISTING RAIN, WIND BLOWING, COLD, THE EASTER EGG HUNT WAS MOVED INSIDE WHEN THE ADULTS GOT TOO COLD; DON'T THINK THE KIDS EVEN NOTICED IT.

GRANDDAUGHTER-IN-LAW-TO-BE MADE HER SIGNATURE BUTTERMILK PIE. YUM! THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED IN OCTOBER. GRANDPA APPROVES.
Posted on: 2018/4/2 0:31

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

I read a couple of his blogs. Interesting, not sure how much I can follow a semi-retired millionaire for financial advice.

You will find that his mindset is what got him semi-retired in his early 30's.
Posted on: 2018/4/2 0:42

vetteblondie Re: EASTER
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I blame the climate change problems on the nuclear diaster many years ago - seems that's when all this mess started.
I know, I'm reaching. Or am I?
not enough coffee today - nothing got done that I intended.
Posted on: 2018/4/2 2:35

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.