Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
201 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee Monday 4-9-2018
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2018/4/9 12:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Monday 4-9-2018
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Morning all......a brisk 62 degrees in the house this morning.....that will wake you up when you hit the floors in your bare feet......my first call will be to the furnace guys to get them out here ...... looking forward to that......the first guys tried to sell us a new furnace but I think this one just needs parts.....bring lots of parts.......

Today is the first day of the rush to get corn planted.......who cares if the ground is still frozen someone will be out there trying......meanwhile we will be rushing around taking their inputs to them......but if it brings warm weather then lets do this........

Have a really swell fine day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2018/4/9 12:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Up at normal time this morning. Headed to the 'city' for grocery shopping and some stuff for the bath remodel.

We got a little moisture early this morning. Again, not a drought buster, but welcome moisture.

We need to get going, I hope and trust you, all, will have a great day.
Posted on: 2018/4/9 12:38

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 62 THE PREDICTED HIGH. THE CHEROKEES THINK THAT'S AN IMPROVEMENT.

IN THE NEWS: THE MOSLEM RULER OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF LONDONSTAN HAS INSTITUTED KNIFE CONTROL. NO ONE HAS A REASON TO CARRY A KNIFE, SAYS HE. POLICE WILL STOP AND FRISK PEOPLE FOR KNIVES. THIS MAY CATCH ON IN CALIFORNIA ;-)

Yesterday, I wore my Vietnam Veteran cap to WalMart. There was nothing in particular that I needed at the world's largest retailer; but, since I retired, trips to "Wally World" to look at the Walmartians is always good for some comic relief.

Besides, I always feel pretty normal after seeing some of the people that frequent the establishment. But, I digress, enough of my psychological fixations.

While standing in line to check out, the guy in front of me, probably in his early thirties, asked,"Are you a Viet Nam Vet?"
"No," I replied.
"Then why are you wearing that cap?"
"Because I couldn't find the one from the War of 1812 . . ."

I thought it was a snappy retort.

"The War of 1812, huh?" the Walmartian queried, "When was that?"
God forgive me, but I couldn't pass up such an opportunity. "1946," I answered as straight-faced as possible.
He pondered my response for a moment and responded, "Why do they call it the War of 1812 if it was in 1946?"
"It was a Black Op. No one is supposed to know about it." This was beginning to be way fun!
"Dude! Really?" He exclaimed. "How did you get to do something that COOOOL?"
I glanced furtively around me for effect, leaned toward the guy and in a low voice said, "I'm not sure. I was the only Caucasian on the mission."
"Dude," he was really getting excited about what he was hearing, "that is seriously awesome! But, didn't you kind of stand out?"
"Not really. The other guys were wearing white camouflage."
The moron nodded knowingly.
"Listen man," I said in a very serious tone, "You can't tell anyone about this. It's still 'top secret' and I shouldn't have said anything."
"Oh yeah?" he gave me the 'don't threaten me look.' "Like, what's gonna happen if I do?"
With a really hard look I said, "You have a family don't you? We wouldn't want anything to happen to them, would we?"
The guy gulped, left his basket where it was and fled through the door.

The lady behind me started laughing so hard I thought she was about to have a heart attack. I just grinned at her.

After checking out and going to the parking lot, I saw dimwit leaning in a car window talking to a young woman.
Upon catching sight of me he started pointing excitedly in my direction.
Giving him another 'deadly' serious look, I made the 'I see you' gesture. He turned kind of pale, jumped in the car and sped out of the parking lot.

And these people VOTE!

What a great time! Tomorrow I'm going back wearing my Homeland Security cap.
Then the next day I will go to the driver's license bureau wearing my Border Patrol hat, and see how long it takes to empty the place.

Whoever said retirement is boring? You just need to wear the right kind of cap!
See you guys at Walmart!!
Posted on: 2018/4/9 13:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

94BlueToy Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Congratulations, Gris. I like your thinking. Keep them wondering.
Posted on: 2018/4/9 15:06

vetteblondie Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I love that story !!

There are some real doozies in our society. I realize not all knowledge is common, however as it applies to vehicles. One lady in my bf's dealership workplace is one such individual. She literally is one of those who does not know that you do not need to change blinker fluid and muffler bearings. Or peel M&Ms. Yes. After nearly a week of literally everyone there jacking with her, he finally got her aside and explained to her these things and informed her to not be so gullible to avoid being taken advantage of in the future. When she came back to his work bay and asked him about that muffler thing and that her car was in fact making a weird noise in that area and why one of her lights didn't work up front and how they'd told her you have to remove a fender and what not to change the blinker fluid and how you have to do extensive work to remove and repack a muffler bearing she was worried about the cost. That's when he said he had to finally tell her the truth. And yes, they vote.
On the Arkie weather front, today we appear to be having spring. It's noticeably warmer and there's this huge thing up there outside that has everything lit up and humans seem to be in a much livelier mood. Worries me about getting out in the car later.
The nursing home medicaid eval continues....
Have a happy monday - I'm off and a long list of to-do's...
Posted on: 2018/4/9 15:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Been busy since the git-go, but now I am that much closer to nap-time. Assuming I get a nap. We got a little snow ovenight, no biggie. With all the other remaining snow, I hardly noticed it.

LMAO, Gris!

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/4/9 15:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

In case any of you are in the market for a vacation home:

https://www.insidehook.com/nation/mich ... anti-italy-home-for-sale-
Posted on: 2018/4/9 16:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, lots done today. We picked up the stuff for the bath remodel, got the second coat on the walls. Started on building the drawers. It turned pretty nice, so I got my GS to help me tear off the corrugated roofing and we put 1/2" OSB down on the west side. Doing this because the corrugated PVC roofing got hailed out last year. Well, we are getting all the roofs re-shingled starting next week, so I am not going back with that PVC crap, so I have to prep for regular shingles. Tomorrow we'll do the east side.

Just a little rich for my blood, Brad.
Posted on: 2018/4/10 1:34

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Funny story, Gris.
Posted on: 2018/4/10 1:37

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Read about some town in Italy where houses are super cheap because they're a little out of the way and the population has been shrinking. Much more affordable.
Posted on: 2018/4/10 2:25

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday 4-9-2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Up at 07:00 and work at the nursery at 08:00. My day finished about 08:00 PM. Cut that the grass at two nurseries, ran new trailer lights on one of the trailers. Did it with a Harbor Freight LED trailer light kit. Under $40. Did a couple of sales and nursery sat while Sue picked up some plants for tomorrows job. Tomorrow I'm taking the skid steer to a job site to unload and place a few big trees. Then load up and back home. The guy that laid the Key Stone is coming tomorrow to finish up the job, He's got to grout and trowel a finished edge on the front and place a few more feet of stone. Then this job is done. More to come in the future, I'm sure.
Posted on: 2018/4/10 2:35

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Read about some town in Italy where houses are super cheap because they're a little out of the way and the population has been shrinking. Much more affordable.

But imagine what kind of paint job Michelangelo's house must have ;-)
Posted on: 2018/4/10 3:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.