Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

GOOD MORNING GURUS---
Posted on: 2018/4/16 12:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, WIND IS DOWN, THAT'S TWO GOOD OUT OF THREE. THE CHEROKEES THINK IT'S A GOOD START.

OMINOUS NUMBERS OF OUR FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES ARE HAVING AGE RELATED MENTAL PROBLEMS. SCARY; I'M FEELING LIKE A FUGITIVE FROM THE LAW OF AVERAGES.

THIS MORNING WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE DOC, NURSE PRACTITIONER ACTUALLY, TO GET READ OUT ON BLOOD WORK DONE LAST WEEK. IT'S ALSO AUTO ROTATION DAY, THE TOMATO WILL BE IN THE READY RACK. IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT GOT WARM ENOUGH TO PUT THE TOP DOWN :-)

I NEED TO FIRE UP THE GAS TRIMMER AND MANICURE THE BUSHES, BUT I KEEP PUTTING IT OFF 'CAUSE IT HURTS MY SHOULDERS. GUESS I COULD DO LIKE I USED TO DO MY OLD SETTER WITH THE BAD HIPS, TAKE ASPIRIN BEFORE AND AFTER.
Posted on: 2018/4/16 12:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Apparently we got somewhere around 16 inches of snow over the weekend, just what we needed. A guy in our department is retiring today, so we're taking him out to lunch. If it wasn't for that, I'd have worked from home today - the roads and traffic SUCK. It's supposed to be "warm" today (37), so maybe some of it will melt. It should be in the 60's by now. Delightful.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!

Posted on: 2018/4/16 12:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

I am not going to talk about the weather.......how bad it is and how much I am sick of it...........................................how it never quits being winter........how much I want to frolic in the warm sunshine doing warm sunshiny things........ have we been cursed or something........damn.....

Ok.......today I am going to try and track down 850 dollars worth of Corvette brake parts I ordered the end of February.....I am in ass kicking mood so I hope to have an answer or my money back........ this may call for Guru mojo........

Also I ordered some Cocomats for the Corvette a long time ago and they never showed up........ WTH......... its the freaking millennials I'm telling you........ have a nice day Guruistas.........

https://youtu.be/hLpE1Pa8vvI
Posted on: 2018/4/16 13:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Go git 'em, Marcus!
Posted on: 2018/4/16 13:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2018/4/16 14:19

TommyT-Bone Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

The other day I was in a give me something to break kind of mood. Well ..... all kinds of stuff broke without me breaking it. I'm busy as hell, my mom just got out of the hospital and I have to travel at the end of the week. There is also the vacation in less than 3 weeks. Hopefully all the broken $#!+'s fixes will hold up. Electrician is coming in tomorrow to wire the sheds to the box and hopefully set the meter. I have to get an A/C guy in to install a split system, and a septic tank guy in to put in a tank and drain field. Sue needs me to deliver on Wednesday. Mom just moved to a rehab center for now. And the band played on ........
Posted on: 2018/4/16 21:08

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good thing you're retired, Tommy ;-)

Meanwhile, the garbage company will start picking up yard waste this week. Hilarity. It will likely be weeks before I can:

a). Retrieve my yard waste bin from under the deck
b). See any yard waste, as whatever yard waste exists is covered by a foot or 2 of snow
Posted on: 2018/4/16 21:38

Ultraman Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

...does snow count as yard waste? pack some of that chit up and have them come get it......

Ha....Ha......Ha.......must be some Minnesota type humor there Ya..... funny....
Posted on: 2018/4/16 23:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

hey guys....got up early, got packed up and left for home before 8am. It was chilly but warmed up as we made our way west. Stopped to see Rosie's dad for a while before heading on home. Once home, we got things unloaded, put away and then I started gathering the tools and things I need to take with me to Goodland tomorrow.

I guess it blew pretty hard while we were gone. When we got home, the landline wasn't working, so called the phone company and they sent out the repair guy and he found where the wire from the pole to the house was worn through from rubbing on something (maybe the shop roof, even though it was a long way from the shop. Anyway, a new line from the pole fixed the problem.

Leaving by 7am in the morning and will be gone through Wednesday evening...not sure if I will be able to check in or not... if not, have a great couple of days.
Posted on: 2018/4/17 2:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

So after a day of fixing stuff Sue asked me to join her on a quick shopping run. As I walked down the hall I noticed a slurping sound coming from the air conditioning closet. I pulled the air filter and it was sopping wet. I said honey, looks like I won't be going shopping with you. Pulled the cabinet panel off and saw that the water discharge tray was full. Clogged drain. We get a lot of that in Florida. Crud grows inside the line till it creates a blockage. I snaked around a little, added some bleach, blew in the tube and I heard something break free. The drainage pipe started gurgling. That was good thing. It meant the water was flowing again. Before she left she said to me "Why don't you call in a professional to fix it right? She thinks I'm a hack but always calls me to fix $#!+ because she doesn't want to spend the money. When she got back I said by not calling in a professional I just saved us about $150.00. I literally save us thousands of dollars every year by doing so many things myself. She often makes me feel like Rodney.

Attach file:

jpg  No respect.jpg (9.81 KB)
852_5ad5631a82f87.jpg 336X150 px
Posted on: 2018/4/17 2:59

Matatk Re: MOAN DAY THE 16TH
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good evening CGs!

Good job on the AC fix, Tommy. No worries about that here, it's about 32* right now. Happy spring. We've had some mixed flurries but nothing best what Wisconsin and Minnesota got. I feel for you guys, Brad.

Been keeping busy around the house. Pup is still doing well.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2018/4/17 5:14

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.