Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee June 14, 2018 chit chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2018/6/14 12:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, worked on stuff yesterday and got most of it done. This morning I find out, I DIDN'T hit the enter key when ordering the stainless steel hardware to repair the picnic table. Thinking the stuff should be here, I checked the orders and it ain't there. Sh!t.

Helping a neighbor today hang some doors in his house. We'll see what happens after that. Going to be HOT today, 100 is the predicted high...and it's been pretty humid here, so that will make things pleasant.

I hope everyone here has the best day ever.
Posted on: 2018/6/14 12:50

Resized Image

j3studio Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Starting to get hot and humid in Philly—not unexpected, but we had been spoiled for the last few weeks.

I've been prepping for Le Mans—got my Spotter Guide printed at 11 x 17 on good thick paper, so I can use the "Sharpie of Doom" without it bleeding through. Tried to print through FedEx, but their website wasn't functioning effectively. Went to Staples' site, which was quick and effective. Not a good look for FedEx, normally one of my favorite companies …

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm going to take the 1985 to the NCRS Regional in Altoona this September. I need to decide pretty soon, as the ramp-up to prepare for judging will take a few months.

Have a good day, folks!

Posted on: 2018/6/14 13:03

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

pianoguy Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Working from home today, I like the commute. Since the day should be relatively free of interruptions, maybe I can get something done.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2018/6/14 13:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

74*/67% IN TAHLEQUAH THIS MORNING. THIS IS WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE IND'N NATIONS; OKLAHOMA TERRITORY IS MUCH DRYER. SO NOW GETTING UP EARLY TO DO OUTSIDE STUFF DOESN'T WORK, YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL LATE EVENING WHEN THE HUMIDITY HAS BURNED OFF SOME. GRIS ENDEAVORS TO PERSEVERE.

THE TOMATO GAUGE THING TURNED OUT TO BE NOTHING BUT WHAT WE IN THE ARMY USED TO CALL AN OPERATOR HEADSPACE PROBLEM. EMBARRASSING BUT MERCIFULLY CHEAP :-)

OUR DOMESTIC DEER IS STILL HANGING AROUND, EYEING DW'S REMAINING FLOWERS. HER BEHAVIOR IS ODD, SHE COMES RIGHT UP TO THE HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. AND WHEN YOU GO OUT TO SHOO HER AWAY JUST STANDS AND STARES UNTIL YOU GET WITHIN 20 FOOT OR SO, THEN TURNS AND TROTS AWAY, NOT RUNNING TROTTING, WITH TAIL DOWN. I'M WONDERING IF SHE WAS SOMEONE'S PET.
Posted on: 2018/6/14 13:21

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Been busy lately, sorry I was MIA.

Hot and humid here.

Bought a giant Matco triple bay toolbox full of tools last night off Facebook. Got a killer deal. Keeping some and flipping the rest. Wife was mildly irritated until my buddy who towed it told her how good of a deal it was. This will keep me busy for a while.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  20180613_210154-1152x864.jpg (214.19 KB)
994_5b22705a90545.jpg 1152X864 px
Posted on: 2018/6/14 13:40

vetteblondie Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Nice toolbox!!! I often see deals here also on them full of tools. Had previously pointed myself out one to BF when opted for the orange (empty) one I now have. I've come up with a wrap design for it so now I need to get it all laid out. Ended up with a last minute job for the local pool company on a Kenworth long bed dump truck thing. Huge PITA to measure so I'll be trying to get the template for that started today. Cabs for those things are a nightmare. Might end up unloading a trailer tonight and bring it home from the body shop. BF has given his boss an ultimatum on pay and other things and plans to take the trailer to work with him tomorrow. It's loaded now sitting in the paint room at the shop so it will have to be unloaded before being brought home tonight. Just what I need is more stress in my life.
Posted on: 2018/6/14 15:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

It's soooo hot out.....but at least the wind is blowing hard from the south......like standing in front of a furnace oven...... everything that can water crops is running in the State right now.....mind boggling the billions of gals of water being pumped......if the aquifer ever goes away Nebraska will dry up and blow away....

Gris....I think its your pet now.....give it some treats so it is happy.....

OMGee Mathew......what next a truck with Mats Tools on the side as you go door to door? hey that's a good idea.....

better go lay down on the floor in front of the fan....

The girls are headed home tomorrow so I better get to cleaning up the bachelor pad..... not that I was throwing pizza boxes and empty beer cans around.....or anything.....
Posted on: 2018/6/14 21:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

OMGee Mathew......what next a truck with Mats Tools on the side as you go door to door? hey that's a good idea.....

The original Snap-on salesmen sold out of the back of cars. I was like a traveling salesman today. I drove over to a body shop where I know the guys and sold a few buckets of tools out of the trunk. Bodywork specific stuff I have no use for. Made a nice amount off of it.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 0:57

teebee Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I got the doors hung by shortly after noon. Then I cleaned the inside of the pickup out, it was in dire need. Actually washed it last night, just barely got that done by the time the sun went down, so didn't get to the inside. Also ran over to the 'city' to get my new sunglasses...well my sunglasses with new lenses.

Then when I got home, I had GS #1 bring his car over, said it was still overheating (done this since we had it worked on) Long story short...I find the lower radiator hose OFF....Why HELL yes I bet it starts to overheat. At least when it starts getting hot he stops. I don't know if, when they last worked on it, if they didn't get the hose clamp on and it just worked off or what, but I was able to get the hose on, but didn't have enough Dex-Cool to fill it back up....still need about 3 quarts, got to wait until morning to get some at the parts store.

Had a friend call me to ask if I wanted to golf with them in the morning, of course, I said sure......so I'll have to get around early to get the Dex and finish that up before golfing.

I trust you all had a great day. Hotter than H here 103 when I got back from the 'city'.
Posted on: 2018/6/15 1:11

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: June 14, 2018 chit chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Matt, just ask your wife which does she prefer. You buy tools for yourself and profit or you just go out and blow the money at the local titty bar.

Posted on: 2018/6/15 3:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.