Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 199...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird heres a techie one fellas
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

05 z51 both fobs werk as nermal n have car set to auto lock n if fobs in pocket it unlocks when grab handle thingie,,but ive noticed if jus walkin up on car (wid momma) n i hit fob to unlock car ,,it wont do chit gave it thought,,tell jus now shes under cover storred on tender,,but went to hit fob to opin hatch n wouldnt opin hit lock unlock nuttin wid either fob,,yet grab door handle all unlocks n the n fobs will lock n unlock n opin hatch now that used handle,,am i makin sense to make this a a question,,git it wtf up wid that anyways? n thinkin on it thats way its been
Posted on: 2018/1/19 23:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: heres a techie one fellas
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Is it working fine now?

Did you have to change the batteries at any point?
Posted on: 2018/1/21 17:36

Matatk Re: heres a techie one fellas
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Found this online:

WITHOUT SCAN TOOL
Each transmitter has a unique Vehicle Access Code (VAC) that changes every 5 seconds. If a transmitter or receiver is replaced, each transmitter must be programmed to the vehicle's receiver. Entering a specific button sequence on the Driver Information Center (DIC) , up to three transmitters can be programmed into the receiver. After programming the transmitters to the vehicle, the receiver will update this code every 5 seconds in order to match the code programmed in the transmitter.

The transmitter may not communicate or become out of synchronization with the receiver if any of the following situations occurs:

The transmitter battery is disconnected.
The vehicle battery is disconnected.
The transmitter and the vehicle are separated for 2 weeks or more.
The receiver is disconnected. Perform the synchronizing procedure if the transmitter does not communicate or becomes out of synchronization with the receiver. If the transmitter and/or receiver are replaced, preform the following programming procedure:

Turn the ignition to ON.
Turn the radio to OFF.
Press the RESET button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) in order to clear any Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) warning messages.
Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.
Press and hold the RESET button for 3 seconds.
Press the OPTIONS button until FOB TRAINING message is displayed.
Press the RESET button in order to begin the programming sequence. The message HOLD LK + UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed.
Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The IPC will indicate when that transmitter is programmed and when to proceed to the next. Repeat this procedure for each additional transmitter or press the OPTIONS button to exit.
PROGRAMMING CANCELLATION
The receiver will cancel the programming sequence if any of the following conditions occur:

The program mode is exited through the DIC.
The ignition is turned to OFF.
The three transmitters have been programmed.
The Remote Function Actuator (RFA) system has been in the program mode for longer than 2 minutes and no transmitters have been learned. If the program mode is cancelled with less than three codes stored, the receiver will only accept the codes just stored. If the program mode is cancelled before any code is stored, the codes still remain valid.
The receiver retains all current access codes in memory if either of the following conditions occur:
A programming sequence is interrupted.
The battery is disconnected
Posted on: 2018/1/21 17:37

pappyfreebird Re: heres a techie one fellas
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thank you matatk
transmitter n reciever seperated 2wks er mo..that might be it..cars out in bldg n fobs in here in desk..but evin thou wouldnt unlock anything (both fobs) the fob must connect as i could opin locked door by hnad with fobs in pocket,,n then wala fobs both lock n unlock,,thats my issue,,ive noticed this back in summer jus comming out resteraunt wnet to hit unlock fer momma was ahwead n it wouldnt yet grab door n alls well , again i hit fob once to opin hatch wid groceries n wtf no werk but must read it as i opind door fine by hand n then hit hatch inside ,,but home i got out n then hit fob as test n hatch popped right opin? never have replaced batts havent evin had it that long realy
Posted on: 2018/1/28 1:56

teebee Re: heres a techie one fellas
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I dropped 007 down on Friday night to take it off the lift so I could change oil in the Caddy. Remote in my pocket, door wouldn't open. Hit the "unlock" button, light flashes and I can open it. Take the car for a short drive to get it warmed up everything seems normal. do the oil change and put 007 back on the lift, attach the tender, then cover it up and raise the lift.

Sunday, GS#2 says he needs to change oil in his car, so I tell him bring it over and we'll use the lift. When he gets here, I've already dropped 007, but haven't moved it off the lift. I go to get into the car, it won't let me in...neither remote will respond, no unlock, no trunk pop, so I use the key and open the trunk...when I do the alarm starts honking.....jeez that horn is loud in the garage. Neither remote will turn it off...I f*@ k around with the remotes for a while and finally it goes off and I can get in. Move it off, do the oil change. Then I tell the wife I think the remotes need new batteries, so I go up to the convenience store and buy two new batteries and replace them. Now I can lock and unlock the doors, pop the trunk from 30' away. I guess the batteries were just bad and I replaced them back when I bought 007 three years ago. I've never changed the batteries in the Caddy, had it 6 years, never changed them in the pickup, had it 7 years. Can't explain it. Had to re-initialize the windows too as they wouldn't roll back up after shutting door. Oh well.....it's a C6.
Posted on: 2018/1/30 14:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: heres a techie one fellas
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

My fobs reside about 5 feet away from the car at any point usually.
Posted on: 2018/1/30 14:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

still sittun under her cover so fellas , so no clue on my lil issue..ive noticed it couple times thou..mainly walk to car wid momma n hit door unlock n it doesnt er hatch n doesnt yet opin door n its normal n then hatch werks wid the fob..repeating meself here..ill bable more if learn more if you guys evar bring me my 2 daze of summer
Posted on: 2018/3/15 13:34

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

again same issue as in past..fob in hand n try opin hatch er unluck n doesnt werk,,yet walk to door same fob in hand n opin door jus fine n then hit fob hatch n pops right opin n opins locks too but not until youve opined the door by hand,,both fobs do this..fobs prolly 60' from car but it ony sat few daze..has done this since got it..ony issue if have chit wanna put in hatch er try pop locks fer momma git in her side... again once opin drivers with hand everythinga fine..strange as me i rekon
Posted on: 2018/5/18 17:09

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

yo bog kin you make any of my 05 (yellow z51) my avatar,,ive fugged round n round n cant make it werk so if you kin id preciate it,,ps n i do avatar down by shed so i kin i avatar too bruthas
Posted on: 2018/5/18 17:23

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

also seems now that drove car n am in shop close by with fobber in pocket shes werked as should everytime..i wonder if 60' is out of range n leaving it sit makes this happin..dunno..guess it has happind right as drove to store thou as have hit hatch with chit in hands n wouldnt werk tell i opend door by hand then locs n hatch fine
Posted on: 2018/5/20 17:19

bogus Re: heres a techie one fellas
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

60' is out of range... they are good for about 10-20', IIRC. Mostly, if they are too close, the fob in the house could cause the car to not lock.

Sitting too long can kill the battery in the fob... but it should be able to acquire the right rolling code the next time it is used.

These security systems use a rolling code. There is a standard code that says "hi, I work with this car" and then a validation code that says "I am ok to actually open this car". That code is created in the fob and in the car at the same time, so the next time the fob is used, it can send both codes.

Clever tech... I have no idea how it actually does this. But it does and it works.

What this does is effectively stop code grabbers. They can get both codes... sure, but the next code is unknown and the old code won't work again. I am not sure how it works that out over time, either...

again, clever shit.

Posted on: 2018/5/20 17:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well that may be de answer as ifn i run the car this issue goes away ,,,but did happin once when had been driven it n wouldnt let me pop hatch er unlock her side tell i opend my door then all werked,,hasnt since but will loose itself if sit out in shop longtime fob in ocket will aways unlock door but nawt by clickin fob..
Posted on: 2018/6/1 15:31

bogus Re: heres a techie one fellas
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

it reset itself then.

Old codes can't be used again, so it must need some way to refresh both sides and they are back in sync again.
Posted on: 2018/6/10 19:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

n update on this ,,is dont have one really..but if i drive car now n then seems fobs r fine so its when shes sat er something..evin if fobs werkin to start car it wouldnt opin hatch er door locks tell run it few times,,so prolly the gitting its codes squared is true..use it er loose sorts heyhuh
Posted on: 2018/6/16 17:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.