Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
194 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird dayum 05s still have c5 steering lock
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

was posed to be fixed but wasnt ,,thats when did away wid it..so the lucky fug i r ,,,mines still there n werks but thats the issue when i push acc,,fer some reason it fugs up , as the service steering lock comes up n she no start..pulled neg (did clean pos n neg since too) but this resets it , ser now its werked,,whats strange ya kin start all times fine,,but touch acc n bingo she goes to check steer lock mode..kin fug round doors n on off stwitch n might start (been doin a lil test dinking) kin hear the lock unlock (moans) n relock when shut off so doesnt seem to be bound up,,jus thorws steer lock on dic n locks ya out ..97 c5 had the lock out added so wouldnt lock..found one fer 80 bucks 05 ony,,dunno if gonna put it in er wait n whine..any info be preciated
Posted on: 2018/6/8 18:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: dayum 05s still have c5 steering lock
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Like, you, I thought that was fixed with the C6. It sucks that you have to deal with that chit.
Posted on: 2018/6/9 16:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: dayum 05s still have c5 steering lock
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

The solution I have heard is to flat out remove it... take the lock servo out of the ignition and tie it up in the dash so it's out of the way and the various computers think its still there.
Posted on: 2018/6/10 19:07

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pappyfreebird Re: dayum 05s still have c5 steering lock
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

yea teebee..had it elimenated on 97 , dunno how it was done when bought it..but wheel never locked n no noise..
bog i hear ya but thats alot of werk ..i jus poped 65 bucks fer the elimenator bypass thing n will wip it in when arrives..but mines never locked me out like ya read bout..mine will ony do this if you use acc in car..tell other day i hit fob hatch unlock put chit away got in n said service steering lock..so i think its jus starting??? if so this bypass will solve fer long as it werks...i read how the voltages werk etc..so its either module er too slow lock mechanism..hopin on lock as then this bypass will cure ..will hafta update when its gits here n is in..should be able jus hit acc to test bypass,,maybe nawt but thats when shows service lock..wait n see fer now..thanks fellas
Posted on: 2018/6/12 12:22

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

ok rednecks after all my babbles ,,my lil eliminator came in ,,bout 1/2 max was in n werkin fine..so fer anyboy in this sitcheation..mine never did gimme chit in start it was ony if used acc in switch ,,instead of acc itd say service steering column lock,,now wid lil eliminator in place she fires right off as did ,,but now i kin puch acc n it simply sez accessary mode n off n no coumn lock bs..so fer now id say a success..n would venture a hacks guess that since all stock that it may have been the beggining of the lock coumn issues that crop up,,dunno ,,but with by pass it should be bypassed thus done deal
Posted on: 2018/6/16 17:56

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

ps prolly shouldnt be addmittin this but i think i truely spent mo time tryun figure out how git roof off then i did pull cluster to put in the part,,n after a noice ride i prolly spent equal time tryun put said lid back on..hey i kin build a rat rod build a hog from box of chit but i cant git a vete roof off ..oh well i dont like em off i use air so fug me a runnin heyhuh..thanks fer puttin up wid me fellas
Posted on: 2018/6/16 18:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.