Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 08.13.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Monday to all. Should be hot and humid here....again.

Sunday we did family stuff in the morning and afternoon. Took the kids to the riverwalk and did the paddle boats, then they played in the park a bit.

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned up and tinkered in the garage. I needed to press out an old pulley bearing and press a new one in, which was successful. Sold a few tools over the weekend, too, which helps feed the addiction

Saturday when I was driving home I saw a car hiding under a cover about a block away from my house. It had a for sale sign on it. So I stopped and talked to the guy. He just moved in within the last 2 weeks. Really nice guy. He has a project car, a 1967 Mustang V8 that needs a total overhaul. It is complete and intact but hasn't run in years. He bought it from another guy to help him out but doesn't want to do it. Only $3,500. I'm very interested in it but the wife is taking a very strong stance against it. She simply does not want me to have two toy cars. Honestly, it's not even a money issue. I don't understand what the problem is. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/8/13 4:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

What's the problem. Matt? Attention. A project like that would envelope a lot of your time and as a married family man it would draw from the time and attention, not to mention finances, you could be showering onto your family. Much like hanging around bars, exotic dancing establishments or spending a lot of time bonding with male friends. These are targets for the female ruler of the roost and pretty much non negotiable. There is little room for FUN in a marital relationship. The reason they say the party is over when you get married is because the party is over when you get married.

Posted on: 2018/8/13 11:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Dark with heavy rain this morning.

Posted on: 2018/8/13 12:55

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Gonna be hot and sunny here today. I'll be manning the grindstone in air-conditioned comfort. I had enough projectile sweating over the weekend.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/8/13 13:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OMG, WHAT COULD BE WORSE THAN MONDAY THE 13TH?

SUNNY MILD AND HUMID AM GRISHEIM THIS MORNING. IT'S RAINING ON THE CHOCTAWS AND HEADING TOWARD THE CHEROKEES. IT'S NEEDED, BUT I COULD DO WITHOUT IT.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA, AUTO ROTATION DONE---

THE GIRLS HAD A NICE VISIT WITH SON SATURDAY. HE WILL FLY BACK TO MAYO THE 22D.

Posted on: 2018/8/13 14:08

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

The party has been over for a while, Tommy!
Posted on: 2018/8/13 15:43

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

^^^ What he said... Monday the 13th. Geez - Might need to stay in the house and sit this one out.

Busy week and pretty much sat on my butt all weekend. Friend came over and we dug up her sagos that I've been 'babysitting'. They came from our recent trip to Mobile, AL for the memorial we drove down to. Her relative has some mature plants that had pups and she wanted the pups removed. She took all of them home in individual pots except for three she left me. I'll keep one and share the other two with others I know. I cannot believe we got all that crap in her FJ Cruiser. My body shop friend that recently moved got himself a new project car as well - he is now the proud owner of a 1926 Model T Doctor's Coupe. Family got it new and parked it in 1955. Selling it due to divorce. He bought it there at a local farm sale last week. pretty cool haul.

Attach file:

jpg  plants.jpg (439.44 KB)
619_5b71a96595fd3.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  plants loaded.jpg (435.71 KB)
619_5b71a97506a3c.jpg 888X714 px

jpg  plants planted.jpg (369.09 KB)
619_5b71a97daf87a.jpg 960X728 px

jpg  26 coupe.jpg (342.03 KB)
619_5b71a9a2a4783.jpg 701X678 px
Posted on: 2018/8/13 15:54

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Those FJ's are cavernous....... Matt......the problem is that would take up 2 stalls in the garage and Momma's car would have to be outside all winter......or like for 6 months or more....... that aint going to fly...... I am faced with the same dilemma... my shop is filled with the GS and the Fiddysix........and her Tahoe is outside.....gotta do something..... may have to build another garage....... geez...... life's a bitch...

Looks like rain.....hope it does......a lot and all over..... later Guru's
Posted on: 2018/8/13 23:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Matt......the problem is that would take up 2 stalls in the garage and Momma's car would have to be outside all winter......or like for 6 months or more....... that aint going to fly......

Actually I have a winter space for the Corvette so wouldn't be a space issue. She just hates me and doesn't want to see me happy
Posted on: 2018/8/14 0:59

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

The 'garage' that's attached to the house is mine. Vette and four wheeler and my crap out there. The 'shop' (larger) is his. He works out there when someone brings him something to work on, his Harley is out there, his big screen tv, game consoles, along with the mowers and what not as well. New shed soon for mowers and crap so he will have more room. I stay out of there, he stays out of garage. Pool house we share.
Rain is due here as well, farmers want it, I don't.
Posted on: 2018/8/14 1:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...got an early start. Headed over to the 'city' to work on the bathroom remodel. The guy had done quite a bit of work, but we still had more to do before we could start putting things back together. But, I did get about half the sheet rock up and the shower base installed before we called it a day.

Got home, took a shower and went out to play golf. Golf sucked....or I sucked playing golf tonight, but we had a fish fry for eats and it was great.

Tomorrow morning I have a funeral to attend...actually I am doing the readings. Been a friend of the family for a long time and they specifically asked me to read, so I couldn't turn them down.

Then in the afternoon I'll head back over to the 'city' to continue on the bath.

No rain here, it's ok, but I'd like some rain. But it's not real hot either. No complaints.

I'm tired.....butt is dragging...later folks.
Posted on: 2018/8/14 2:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
The 'garage' that's attached to the house is mine. Vette and four wheeler and my crap out there. The 'shop' (larger) is his. He works out there when someone brings him something to work on, his Harley is out there, his big screen tv, game consoles, along with the mowers and what not as well. New shed soon for mowers and crap so he will have more room. I stay out of there, he stays out of garage. Pool house we share.

Alarmed/Cameras/Guard Dog?
Posted on: 2018/8/14 4:22

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, that '26 was quite a find!
Posted on: 2018/8/14 12:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CorvetteBob Re: Monday Chat 08.13.18
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Matt, I'd say go ahead and get it. I offer this sage advice;
It's easier to be forgiven than to get permission.
It's worked for me several times.
Posted on: 2018/8/15 1:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.