Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob 9-2-18
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Good morning all. I hope you're all enjoying a nice relaxing weekend.
Posted on: 2018/9/2 12:56

TommyT-Bone Re: 9-2-18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I'm hoping the ibuprofen kicks in pretty soon.

Here's a pickup that just needs a little TLC:

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/08/3 ... -road/9671535739562/?sl=3

I hope the ibuprofen kicks in on a twice daily basis. I wish they wouldn't be such sticklers about opioids. Damned things are about the only things that work. Addiction or pain. I'm leaning more toward addiction. Alas, ibuprofen is the best OTC I guess. If y'all know something that works good on osteoarthritis, let me know.

One of my BIL's had a pick up that was wiped out down the driver's side. He had to crawl in through the passenger side and he drove it for awhile.
Posted on: 2018/9/2 13:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 9-2-18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...slept well last night. It’s cool this morning and have had several nice rain showers. We have been sitting out on the porch enjoying the rain and cool weather. I can attest that the Corvette doesn’t melt If it sits out in the rain. And I’ll say that with a good coat of Rejexthen a good coat of paste wax, the rain just beads up and runs off the surface.

We’ll be heading home after while. I think Marcus got rained out last from the football game...sounds like they aren’t going to make it up either.

Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2018/9/2 15:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: 9-2-18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I have more landscaping to do, but it is raining at the moment, so I may get a reprieve. We are going to a friend's later this afternoon, so if I don't get my chores done before then, what a shame that would be.

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/9/2 15:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 9-2-18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yep...... saw the opening kickoff and just as the first play was to start they cleared the field because lightning had struck within 6 miles. Ok 30 minute wait no problem....... 2 hours and 40 minutes of waiting later they called the whole thing off....... Rain lightning thunder more rain....wind..... on and on and on..... nuts...... and yeah they cancelled the whole game....no chance of a replay I guess...... Fox had that it would be played today at 10:30 am but the logistics of getting just the food service folks back and restocked was almost impossible.

It takes about 5000 service folks to run a game with 90K people at it..... huge event. Police and first aid responders and security and vendors..... you just don't call them all back on a few hours notice...... we still had fun...until they ran out of the Valentino's Pizza and the Runza's...... then we knew it was getting serious..... So next week will be the season opener against are old Big 8 and 12 foe Colorado...... today I am resting up and looking forward to the home opener next week.......

Have a fun day Guru's....
Posted on: 2018/9/2 17:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: 9-2-18
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Yep … saw the opening kickoff and just as the first play was to start they cleared the field because lightning had struck within 6 miles. Ok 30 minute wait no problem … 2 hours and 40 minutes of waiting later they called the whole thing off … Rain lightning thunder more rain … wind … on and on and on … nuts … and yeah they cancelled the whole game … no chance of a replay I guess …

Fox had that it would be played today at 10:30 am but the logistics of getting just the food service folks back and restocked was almost impossible. It takes about 5000 service folks to run a game with 90K people at it … huge event. Police and first aid responders and security and vendors … you just don't call them all back on a few hours notice … we still had fun … until they ran out of the Valentino's Pizza and the Runza's … then we knew it was getting serious … So next week will be the season opener against are old Big 8 and 12 foe Colorado … today I am resting up and looking forward to the home opener next week …

Thanks for the insight, Marcus. I was wondering about you when I saw the news.

Posted on: 2018/9/2 20:12

Louis, 2012 Centennial Edition Coupe

GRIS Re: 9-2-18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OUR NON-TRADITIONAL DOVE SEASON, SANS SON, IS STUMBLING ALONG. OPENING DAY AT OKMULGEE WAS PITIFUL, THIS MORNING A LITTLE BETTER BUT NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. GRANDSONS 4 & 5 DID GET SOME SHOOTING IN, THANKS TO JUDICIOUS POSITIONING BY GRANDPA AND TO THE MOJO DOVES. MUCHO WHINO ABOUT GETTING UP AT 0430 TO DRIVE OVER.

#3 GRANDSON'S MEXICANA GIRLFRIEND'S PARENTS ARE VISITING, AND SHE & HER MADRE HAVE TAKEN OVER THE KITCHEN. THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN DELICIOUS.
Posted on: 2018/9/2 20:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.