Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

G'morn
Posted on: 2018/9/20 11:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

New employee started yesterday. At least this one has worked outside and in a plant nursery before. Speaks English too. Whoo-hoo! I weed whacked most of the the #1 nursery yesterday. Grass and weeds were growing out of control. Obviously Sue and I have different views on what retirement is. I thought I would have time to do all my stuff and still have time to help Sue a little. Sue thinks I should have time to help her, then help her a little more , then help her a little more then try to do my stuff for which I now have little time. Boat sits, cars sit, home and yard are always behind and home nursery needs attention. And that's another reason I book cruises ....... I get some down time. Just over 3 weeks to go. Get the f@(% out of Dodge ...........
Posted on: 2018/9/20 11:54

GRIS Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING TOMMY, YOU'RE UP EARLY.

I'M FIXING TO TAKE THE TOMATO IN FOR A FRONT END ALIGNMENT OVER IN MUSKOGEE. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHOM MY CORVETTE MECHANIC RECOMMENDS, BUT I WILL HAVE TO SIT THERE AND WAIT ON THEM, DON'T MUCH LIKE THAT.

IT'S CLEAR, WARM, AND STICKY THIS MORNING, NOT A PLEASANT MORNING, THE START OF A HOT DAY.
Posted on: 2018/9/20 12:05

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Dark, dreary and wet here again. Rumor has it that this crap may finally blow out of here tomorrow. We shall see.

Congrats on the license plate, Marcus - very cool!

Great job on the tile, Matt!

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2018/9/20 12:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Heading in to get my fangs worked on......normal check and clean..... hot here again also...... Tommy, if you would set up an office at the job site...like with a desk and door.....and computer you could go in there while working and be doing worky type stuff like other bosses do....... and then you can watch vids on your computer all day........ its brilliant..... ...wheres the boss? He's in his office..... ooohhh......ok......better not bother him..... that's what I do......

Take in the GS this morning......love to drive that thing...... have a nice fulfilling day Guru's
Posted on: 2018/9/20 14:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Heading in to get my fangs worked on......normal check and clean..... hot here again also...... Tommy, if you would set up an office at the job site...like with a desk and door.....and computer you could go in there while working and be doing worky type stuff like other bosses do....... and then you can watch vids on your computer all day........ its brilliant..... ...wheres the boss? He's in his office..... ooohhh......ok......better not bother him..... that's what I do......

You have no idea how much money I save the company not to mention the better quality of work .... if you can even find people to work. .... So I end up in the trenches. I'm faster, better and cheaper. What's for Sue not to like?
Posted on: 2018/9/20 16:26

teebee Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...I've been busy since the beginning. Finished up a couple jobs delivered some bills, collected some money. This afternoon, I'm giving blood. Then helping a guy by putting some cabinets together and then swap the Caddy and Corvette, as we will be taking it on vaca tomorrow.

The weather is a little cooler today and a chance of rain this afternoon/evening. Mid 80s are the predicted high and the winds much lighter.
Posted on: 2018/9/20 17:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Pretty tile Matt!
Congrats on the plate too, Marcus.
And Brad's weather must be heading my way. Would love to be home today in the pool. Was blessed with one extra week of pool time and have to be stuck in a windowless office. Figured I'd stay home tomorrow and get one last day in. And, lo and behold - rain for four days straight then temps drop into the 70s. God must hate me. I'm too busy here to even go pee when I need to much less go out side for a bit.
RE the boob pic from Gris yesterday - wait till you see what the BF ordered himself for a 'pad' for his over-the-top creeper - he has to use one for all the large diesel trucks and big pickups he has to work on and there's not much padding on it. He has a pillow he puts up there but still comes home with his chest hurting. There's been a running joke of "if it had boobs up there I could lay on those and my breast bone wouldn't be sore"... he found some online - silicone - and yes, he ordered them. I'm waiting to see if they show up. He came at me with a measuring tape to see what size he was getting as the site actually provided measurements. I'm still laughing. I gave him a bra to put them in just in case they do show up. Happy Thursday!
Posted on: 2018/9/20 17:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

teeatk or Matbee? Nice initiative.

Nope. Don't confuse me with someone who works hard.
Posted on: 2018/9/20 20:35

Ultraman Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Yeah...pics of that would be good if it happens VB.....
Posted on: 2018/9/20 21:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 09.20.18 Daily Chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Marcus wanted me to post this picture.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2018/9/21 0:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.