Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Rocktober 5th,2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Rock On
Posted on: 2018/10/5 11:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Posted on: 2018/10/5 11:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Been a long time.

Posted on: 2018/10/5 11:41

GRIS Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WELL, HERE IT IS THE FIFTY OF OCTOBER AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED OFF SEPTEMBER'S FIFTH :-0

SUNNY, MILD AND VERY HUMID THIS MORNING, GONNA GET HOT THEY SAY. BBD & TWINS BACK IN THE FRONT YARD THIS MORNING, LIVING DANGEROUSLY IT SEEMS.

HOT WATER PROBLEM WAS A TINY HOLE IN AN OLD PIPE, THEY HAD TO REMOVE THE TANK TO GET TO IT. A $300-400 JOB, THE HOME CARE INSURANCE TOOK CARE OF IT. HOT SHOWERS ARE NICE.

DARLING WIFE AND I ARE OFF ON OUR MUCH DELAYED RECON TRIP TO TULSA. WE'LL LOCATE THE WEDDING SITES FOR #1 GRANDSON AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS AND I WILL PICK UP SOME RELOADING SUPPLIES AT DONGS.

Until the protests of the last few days, I had no idea how bad the problem was, but our nation is drowning in drama queenery.
Posted on: 2018/10/5 13:32

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WELL, HERE IT IS THE FIFTY OF OCTOBER AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED OFF SEPTEMBER'S FIFTH :-0

My guess after reading this is you put a good dent in it this morning.
Posted on: 2018/10/5 13:38

Ultraman Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Rainy.....cold.....dreary.....and more to come.....may hit 60 today.... Harvest has stopped.....

Well after I'd say 20 years or more dating back to what was then PrimeStar we have cut the cord with Directv...... We have Hulu TV instead along with Amazon and Netflix..... more then enough to watch on those channels.... We had the cheapest Directv package and it still was costing us 125 bucks a month..... so its gone.... For us living out in the country back then with no hope of cable TV Prime Star was huge to us..... but that was before AlGore invented the internet and things have changed.... forward we move....

I will be twiddling my thumbs today....... hope you enjoy your day.....
Posted on: 2018/10/5 14:14

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Happy Friday! Well I'm pretty sure it is Friday, since I put the garbage out. And it was dark, dreary and drizzly when I did it. Ick.

Speaking of fifths, gotta pick up some Knob Creek to bring along when we go up north later this month.

Welcome to the cord-cutting club, Marcus! Hulu Live has been working well for us - a glitch here and there, but overall very good. I haven't missed cable or the landline at all, and it's been 6.5 months.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/10/5 14:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I have the Firestick and Netflix that I got when I was going to get rid of the dish. Coincidently AT&T had riggin frigin sassafrasson line problems that ended up costing me a Vulcan small fortune because I got a new router-wifi and a signal extender I really didn't need because it was A VULCAN LINE PROBLEM that was intervulcanmittent and they said it was on my end. Why does talking about this make me want to somebody. Anyway.. Directv gave me a price I couldn't refuse. AT&T also cut my phone bill by $30 a month. I'm gonna go through it all again next June when the prices are due to reset. Who is your high speed network provide? I will probably drop the phone and satellite but will still need an internet access. Comcast is the best game in town here for speed. THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP!
Posted on: 2018/10/5 14:53

vetteblondie Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I need a Firestick. A friend here at the nursing home says if I bring it to him he'll hack it for me. We cut the cable years ago. I really haven't missed it except for the now and then when someone says "did you see the show last night of ...." nope. I didn't. I find plenty to amuse myself with on Netflix and have found that by cutting cable, it has my ass off the couch doing other things. I believe that's what everyone needs to do. Find something else besides stare at a thing on the wall. I'm bout to go outside and spray the yard for skeeters....
Posted on: 2018/10/5 16:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I have Spectrum (which was formerly Charter) for internet. They somehow locked down the territory in our town. I can't complain too much though, they've always been pretty good. They recently upgraded us to 200 megabit speed. We don't have fiber optic yet.
Posted on: 2018/10/5 18:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Rocktober 5th,2018
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...not sure where the day went. Got up late, then out to the shop...and then a trip to the 'city', then a football game tonight......Our cable and internet provider is going through some real growing pains...I'm sitting here watching pixelated images right now. And the internet that has been basically good over the years is lately a lot like my TV image......is sucks! and I had one of their employees tell me the other night, my problem was I needed to pay for the faster service 10Mb up to 25Mb...no we just need the service to deliver what we are paying for. They are in the process of installing fiber to each home in our little town...I'm hoping once the conversion is complete, some of the problems will be minimized or eliminated.

Rosie and I are headed out to see her dad tomorrow, then tomorrow night we will go to Salina to see Three Dog Night in concert. Visit dad Sunday and Monday she'll head home and I'll head north to see Marcus and some other Corvette guys at Marcus' house for a few days.

Go to hit the hay, I'll catch up with you folks tomorrow or Sunday.
Posted on: 2018/10/6 4:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

We have a service out here called Windstream.....it comes in on the phone line. We use the phone line for internet only. I would give it an A- grade overall..... sometimes the show will stop and spend a few seconds catching up but that does not happen a lot. I do not know the speed....but I am always looking for more power.....

The Directv folks fought me hard to keep me......I was smart when I quit and used the chat room they provide not a live phone call.....easier to say no thank you. The best they could do was 60 bucks plus fees and taxes so that would be up over 100 dollars..... they asked why I was quitting and I said the service had become to expensive and they had inflexible packages...... I told them if they let me pick what channels I wanted and then just charge me for those we might work something out..... no joy there..... now they want me to send them back the equipment and pay a 90 dollar cancellation fee...... uh huh........ maybe not......

Also dropped On Star on all but one of our vehicles......had it mostly for the kids when they were at college and far away and thankfully never had to use it in an emergency ..... used it to unlock doors more then once though.... which did come in very handy. kept it for my wife's Tahoe..... went from 94 bucks a month to 20.00.....

Have to see what is going to be next up on the chopping block..... get a kid out of college would free up a lot of bucks........ yikes!
Posted on: 2018/10/6 9:41

Huskerland
14706 Posts

Come on up Tee......the beer fridge is loaded up and we have killed the fatted calf....... time to eat drink and be merry......
Posted on: 2018/10/6 9:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.