Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS HERE IT IS MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

FAST AWAY THE OLD MONTH PASSES---
Posted on: 2018/10/29 12:16

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLEAR AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, CALM HAS RETURNED TO GRISHEIM AFTER THE ALARMS AND EXCURSIONS OF THE WEEKEND.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA BUT AUTO ROTATION. WE DID MANAGE TO GET ALL DARLING WIFE'S STUFF IN THE TOMATO AND TOOK IT TO TULSA FOR THE WEDDING. SURE DO WISH WHO EVER THE ORIGINAL OWNER WAS HAD SPRUNG FOR THE LUGGAGE RACK.

creationist economics: the erroneous belief that government activity can somehow conjure new wealth and value.
Posted on: 2018/10/29 12:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...slept in some this morning. going to be unseasonably warm today, then back to normal temps the rest of the week. Think I will wash the pickup and Caddy this afternoon.
Posted on: 2018/10/29 14:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Howwwdy......we are looking at a nice week coming up so I better get out and take some soil tests..... can't put it off anymore......where did October go anyway ...... well the Dodgers lost....... no bullpen.....and the Red Sox are really good...... congrats to them......Tommy is pleased I'm thinking...

Have a sunshine and lollipops day Guru's...

https://youtu.be/XQmBXEZEYtg
Posted on: 2018/10/29 14:45

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Kids are off at school and I'm waiting for my life insurance guy to come over for a meeting. I've had term life insurance since the kids were born. He's been my agent for the past 5 years. Nice guy and we're happy with the plan and price. I don't need any changes but he wants to do a policy check-up anyway. Ok. Anyone else have life insurance policies?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2018/10/29 14:51

Matatk Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

creationist economics: the erroneous belief that government activity can somehow conjure new wealth and value.

It's true. Any politician who ever "created" jobs via a government contract became wealthy and considered himself very valuable.
Posted on: 2018/10/29 14:54

Ultraman Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I have always carried a goodly amount of term life insurance. It was the cheapest way to carry the amount I wanted which was a million dollars..... That sounds like a lot but it would have paid the house off and put the kids through college but Mama would have had to still work to make ends meet......

As time went by and we accumulated some savings I let some of the policies drop as they came due. The smartest thing I did was to convert the Term insurance which the monthly premium goes up more and more the older you get, to a Universal Policy which locks the payments in at where you are at now, and will not go up as time goes by. They also accumulate money in an account that makes interest and that we can take out with not having to pay it back. That's how we paid for our daughters weddings. So its like a saving account.... Some companies make it a loan and you have to pay it back. Theoretically, if you let enough money build up it will pay your premiums when you get old...... or want a new Corvette....

Whole life costs a lot more now but I wish I would have taken out a million dollar package when I was in my 20's and the premium was like 250 bucks a month....I would now have a million in paid up insurance that would look good on my asset page and I would not have to keep paying premiums.

So I will keep paying premiums till I fall over if I want the death benefit to got to my family. I would say in your case I would make sure you convert to Universal life to freeze the premium where it is and start building up money.

Also make sure you can dip into it if you develop a terminal sickness and want some of the money to spend on how you wish if that would ever happen..... God forbid it does.

That is what I have learned about life insurance....in my 68 years...... glad to share my vast knowledge with you....
Posted on: 2018/10/29 16:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

When you get older and have reduced your exposure to large debt the need for life insurance diminishes. If either one of us goes the other is in good enough financial shape to carry on. That's what is most important. You don't want to leave your spouse in a Lurch.

Attach file:

jpg  Lurch-addams-family-6160640-456-480.jpg (166.22 KB)
852_5bd73353e2c69.jpg 456X480 px
Posted on: 2018/10/29 16:20

teebee Re: HERE IT IS MONDAY
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Yea, I have a pretty good chunk in life insurance. Most of it whole life, but I have one universal policy. Most of my whole life policies are paying for themselves and still gaining in value. I didn't want to leave anyone with my debts or Rosie having to work if I passed.

Speaking of passing we just got word that a lady I taught with (and neighbor) passed last night or early this morning.
Posted on: 2018/10/29 18:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.