Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mirrors
Side mirrors: both should move in all directions.

A little whirring from the motor is normal....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

For anyone who forgot, today is Halloween. Just as a reminder, Tommy, you're too old for trick or treating (and you might scare the children).

I'm looking forward to taking the kids out later. The weather is supposed to be around 55. Not great but warmer than last year.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/10/31 5:58

Ultraman Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Now that we are in the Hood...we may have a few T and T's......in the past we have not had many or even one that came to the door because we were out in the country a bit. Now town has moved out next door and we may have a few.......if they get by the Dobermans that is.......

Should be a nice day out ...... and I better go make the living to support my habits.......which are quite needy.....

Have a nice day Guru's........please keep paying taxes so I can get my monthly check from the guberment....... thank you.....
Posted on: 2018/10/31 12:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

We sometimes get no T or T'ers, sometimes get a few. That's why we only buy one bag. Usually we end up eating them so we pick something good. After 08:00 PM I shut off the lights or I don't even turn them on at all since the few neighborhood kids have come by just before dark. After that it's nothing but hooligans or people from other neighborhoods doing drive by's.

Replaced 6 8 volt batteries in one of the golf carts yesterday. That's always a lot of fun. Drove 30 minutes up the road because they were $70 cheaper than locally. Worth the drive.
Posted on: 2018/10/31 12:51

teebee Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...it's dark and damp right now. Only looking for highs in the mid 50s today, but the weather gurus say it will be dry by the time the kids get out to T or T. We are prepped for our normal 300+ to come by. Might even have a few more as just up the block and around the corner, the churches are hosting Trunk or Treat. That promises to bring in lots of extra kids. When the candy is gone we will shut off the lights and shut the door.

Because of the weather, I'll be working in the shop today...more than likely with the doors shut.
Posted on: 2018/10/31 13:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7581 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, THE T-O-T-RS ARE GOING TO GET WET TONIGHT. LIVING IN THE COUNTRY, WE DON'T GET ANY AND I KINDA MISS THEM. WHEN WE LIVED IN LAWTON I ALWAYS HAD FUN INTERACTING WITH THE LITTLE SPOOKS. AROUND HERE THE COUNTRY KIDS ALL GO TO COMMUNITY/CHURCH SPONSORED ACTIVITIES.

THE TWINS HAVE APPEARED IN THE YARD A COUPLE OF TIMES NOW WITHOUT MOM. SIC TRANSIT THE BIG BROWN DOE, TOO TAME TO SURVIVE. THERE MAY BE A MORAL TO THAT STORY :-|
Posted on: 2018/10/31 14:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

300 kids TB? Wow. I think we might get a hundred or so. I don't think I've ever counted, though.
Posted on: 2018/10/31 16:11

vetteblondie Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

We had overkill on candy buying. I got 2 bags he grabbed 3. Way too much. We had a few kids. Our house is what used to be way out in the country now it's right at the edge of town and town is starting to pass us. I dressed up to hand out some candy, bf handed out some while I made supper. I remember when our parents and grandparents had big fun sitting out on the porch handing out candy messing with the kids. Everyone would get dropped off at the end of the block so they could walk to every house. Those days are long gone.
Apparently the warm sunny days are too, got up to cold and rain today.
Posted on: 2018/10/31 19:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, here it is 8:30 and we've had almost 400 come by.Turned out to be a nearly perfect evening, low 50 to mid 40s now. No wind, just a perfect evening. I opened the garage door and dropped the tailgate on the pickup, sat there and handed out the candy, a case and a third (6 boxes of 50) Tootsie Rolls gone.... OK, I'm 12 short of having the 8th box finished, and I think we've seen the last of the T or Ters, maybe a straggler or two left.

I got quite a lot done in the shop today, finished a light fixture that hangs over a pool table and worked on the cabinets that have to be done in a couple weeks more on that one tomorrow.

I hope everyone here had a great Halloween.
Posted on: 2018/11/1 1:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Spooktacular Wednesday Chat 10.31.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Trick or treating was fun for the kids. RR#1 was dressed up as a 50s girl in a poodle skirt and rhinestone glasses. RR#2 was a soldier from a video game called fortnight. As a little surprise I dressed up as a 50s greaser with the white T-shirt and leather coat to match her. She was pretty excited about that.

Took them around the neighborhood for a while and they scored some candy.

I don't think we got a ton of kids overall. We still had some candy left in the bowl. Weather was nice, though.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2018/11/1 1:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.