Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
166 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Good morning.

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Our priest asked me to stay for a few minutes after Mass so he could give me a special blessing "The anointing of the sick" for my surgery on Tuesday.

I could use a good anointing of the sick.
Posted on: 2018/12/3 4:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

All went well through the weekend. Even the FHP gave me a break a couple of times with me doing a little over 80 in 70 mph zones. They showed no interest. The service was painfully pleasant. Family and friends gathered at my niece's house after and we stayed well into the evening. About 20 of us joined together again this morning for breakfast at a Perkins Restaurant, if you know what they are. Loaded up the Suburban with a few small items from my mothers place and her 2 cats with all their accessories. Mickey and Mitzi, 2 14 y/o Siamese cats will get to live out the rest of their days under our charge. They have free reign of the 700 sq. ft. in the new office. There are 5 outdoor feral cats on that property as well. We made it to MIL and FIL's house at 05:00 PM for the first night of Hanukkah and traditional dinner and gift exchange. We have a busy week ahead then a 1 week vacation. Hope to keep moving forward because going backwards is a real pain in the ass. Later ..........
Posted on: 2018/12/3 4:57

Matatk Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Tommy, glad the remembrance celebration went well....or as well as it could have gone. Mom's cats are in good hands.

Not much to report here.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/12/3 7:53

Matatk Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Tommy:

Posted on: 2018/12/3 7:55

GRIS Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

OVERCAST, CALM, AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, A RATHER GLOOMY WAY TO START THE DAY.

I'M ANOTHER YEAR OLDER, IT'S AUTO ROTATION DAY, AND I PLAN TO GET MY DRIVERS LICENSE RENEWED AND PAY OFF MY MECHANIC FOR REPLACING THE FUEL LEVEL SENDING UNIT. #4 GRANDDAUGHTER HAS A BIRTHDAY COMING UP, SO THERE IS A TRIP TO OKMULGEE PENDING.

TOMMY, I'M GLAD YOU'RE HOME SAFE AND SOUND.

TEE, GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY.

HAPPY HANUKKAH, Y'ALL---
Posted on: 2018/12/3 13:47

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The snow seems to have left us for the time being, replaced by cold. But at least there are rumors of sunshine, so that will be a nice change of pace.

Sounds like a fine sendoff, Tommy. Indeed, the cats are in good hands.

Surgery mojo, Tom!

Happy Birthday, GRIS!!

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/12/3 14:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Glad things went well Thomas.....nice of you to take the cats.....

Tee....prayers for you as you go under the knife......its cheaper if you just use the leather strap to put in your teeth for the pain instead of them putting you out....... just saying..... the whiskey helps also......I have heard.....

just plain old winter here today......cold cloudy snowy snow packed roads.....one more day closer to when Pitchers and Catchers report to spring training...... oh yeah........

Have an outstanding day Guru's......
Posted on: 2018/12/3 16:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My buddy Eddie started singing Mack the knife when they started putting him under to the amusement of the attending staff.
Posted on: 2018/12/3 19:05

pianoguy Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

My buddy Eddie started singing Mack the knife when they started putting him under to the amusement of the attending staff.

Har! I know a guy who used a Sharpie and drew a dotted line, and "Do not cut below this line" on himself.
Posted on: 2018/12/3 22:40

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Afternoon guys....got up and around this morning and headed off to Wichita. Once here, we stopped to get a motel room, about 5 miles from the hospital, but still the closest motel. After that, we went to eat at McAlisters deli. The manager is a former student and her parents are neighbors two houses down. Great sandwich!

Stopped at Hobby Lobby, didn’t find anything we couldn’t live without. Then on to the pre-surgery appointment. Doc reviewed what he was going to do, said he reviewed my CAT scan this morning and did in fact find a second hernia in my left groin area....”we’re going to fix all of it at once”. And then went on to explain the process he would take. ”We have at least five different ways to complete this procedure. And I will do it the best way...depending on what the defenses we encounter.” He then asked me what my thoughts were on the new mid-engined Corvettes. He’s not thrilled with it.....”looks like every other mid-engined sport car on the market”. My thoughts exactly. And the cost is going to take the ‘average’ guy out of the picture. I told him, “I’m just keeping my C6”, he said he was going to keep his C7.

I’ll post something tomorrow after I come out. I’m first on the agenda in the morning, check in at 5:30am surgery at 7:30, and he said the surgery would take between 90 minutes and 3 1/2 hours. I have to stay overnight, but said we could probably go home by mid morning Wednesday.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. Please keep me in mind tomorrow.
Posted on: 2018/12/3 22:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: 16 minutes early EST on Chat 12.03.18
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Surgery mojo!!!
Sounds like a great tribute Tommy and the cats will be well taken care of.
Spent the weekend getting Christmas things up, being at the nursing home for her 83rd - she says 39th birthday, then back again yesterday, then giving the house a huge cleaning. Haven't felt good lately so nothing has been done around here. Scored an hour and a half nap this afternoon - I can't remember the last time that happened. Gloomy outside, tv sound was just right, dog was snoring, fireplace on - the planets were perfectly aligned - I was out cold.
Managed to get some outdoor sun time the other day thought it was 71 and beautiful here. Good way to bring in the month, wish it would stay that way.
The nurse lady called and got me all set up for the wonderful "welcome to 50" colonoscopy appointment, that'll be the 28th. Said she's sending me the 'low volume' prep kit - I'm sure that won't affect the high-volume evac tho
Posted on: 2018/12/4 3:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Don't worry V.B. A colonoscopy is no big deal. The fun starts in the recovery room.
Posted on: 2018/12/4 3:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Surgery Mojo, Tom. Hope all goes according to plan.
Posted on: 2018/12/4 3:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.