Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAF
Mass Air Flow sensor. Used to measure the amount of air entering the intake. This sensor works by heating an element and then measuring the rate of c...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
Off Topic  >  2019
 Register To Post

GRIS 2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR---
Posted on: 2019/1/1 13:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY, COLD, NORTH WIND BLOWING. THE CHEROKEES ARE NOT AMUSED.

I'LL TAKE THE TOMATO IN TOMORROW, HAVE THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PULLED AND SENT TO BATEE. THE DIGITAL READOUT IS FADING FAST.

PLAN ON THE FIRST NAPUS MAXIMUS OF 2019 TODAY---
Posted on: 2019/1/1 13:46

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: 2019
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

...and happy new year right back to ya!
Here’s hoping for a great 2019!
We had a pretty low key night here. Everyone was pretty much snoozin’ by midnight.
Posted on: 2019/1/1 13:46

teebee Re: 2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys and Happy New Year!

Like Bob, most here snoozed the new year in. A couple of the grands made it to midnight, but, grandma, grandpa and the younger grands, well, we didn't make it.

#1 and her family will be headed back to KC today. So once they leave, I'll help Rosie take Christmas down....that's the plan for the day.

We are under wind-chill advisory for the entire day. 22 now, and they say 33 for a high, but we haven't made it above 32 in the last 5 days. Streets are still icy and the wind cuts right through you.....best to stay inside if we don't have to go out.

It's the start of a new year, I hope and trust it will be a great one for everyone.

Posted on: 2019/1/1 14:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Basically uneventful New Years Eve. Went to dinner at around 05:30 with a couple we get together with from time to time. Went home, watched a movie till just after midnight then off to bed. The rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air were ever present around the area with sporadic gunfire dispersed in single shot and semi-automatic fervor. It is well known in South Florida that as midnight nears it is best to either seek shelter or make sure you're under solid cover. What goes up must come down. Sounds like we're in Beruit.
Posted on: 2019/1/1 14:32

pianoguy Re: 2019
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! With few exceptions, we have spent New Year's Eve with the same group of friends for 50 years. We must be getting old. Meanwhile, it is a balmy 0 here at the moment, but but by Saturday it will be 40 - bizarre.

Have a healthy and prosperous New Year, Gurus!
Posted on: 2019/1/1 14:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: 2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Happy New Year!

Like many at Guru, we had a quiet New Year's Eve.

This morning, we slept in. I'll work on the cars a little bit (nothing fancy) and I believe we watch some of the Rose Parade in Pasadena.

Posted on: 2019/1/1 16:02

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, I spoke too soon about the weather here....I was looking at my watch which was telling me the temp outside was 22 and a predicted high of 33....it was somehow stuck on yesterdays'....my thermometer in the kitchen showed 8 right after I posted, and after rebooting the watch is now says 11 with a predicted high of 14...that more what it feels like. The wind has subsided some, so it only feels like -8.

Rosie and I went down to the school gym and walked, now we are back home and starting to take down Christmas. Maybe I can find something to do in the shop to stay out of her way.
Posted on: 2019/1/1 17:25

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

yeah it was 5 here this morning.....5.....but don't worry with the windchill it was -12..... I will stay inside and drink hot cocoa and watch football.....with periodic naps....... yesterday I went dow and dug out my Tony Horton tapes and put one on......P90X.........I decided it was going to be P45X......

Hey hey its the new year resolutions lets all get buff.......heck we are headed to Florida in a couple of months.....gotta get our beach bodies on dudes...... uh huh uh huh...... who's with me? Aerobics time........that's it all together now......

https://youtu.be/c1VRbwrc1Vc
Posted on: 2019/1/1 17:35

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Cloudy and cooler here, looks rainy but not supposed to until tomorrow. Same new year here, pretty uneventful. Watched tv, Arron is sick, came home early from work, went to bed around 1:20. Got hung up binge watching some show he likes. Got him up a bit ago, hot as you can stand it shower, glass of pedialyte, nyquil, aspirin, blanket change, bed heater on and alcohol rubdown and he's back in bed. Hopefully later he'll sweat that mess out and feel better.
I might get out and pilfer later - still on my first cup of coffee
Posted on: 2019/1/1 18:11

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Christmas is put away, I got by without doing a lot of the putting away, but did get to drag the tree downstairs (with the help of #2 GS), and I took over vacuuming the house when Rosie started making all the beds.
Posted on: 2019/1/1 21:50

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Happy New Year Gurus!

Last night we took the kids to see the new Mary Poppins movie. It is an updated sequel to the original. I think it was very well done and there were a lot of references and similarities to the original. I think it's worth the watch especially for the kids. We came home and watched another movie because the kids wanted to stay up. Then we flipped over to the news station to watch the countdown.

Today I had to do a full brake swap on my mother-in-law's Hyundai Tucson. Pads and rotors all around. That took me the better part of about three and a half hours start to finish. It might seem like a while but here in the rust belt you have to take off the caliper brackets and all the bolts and hit them with a wire wheel to clean the corrosion off. Otherwise it will not reassemble properly and you will have problems with the calipers and set up. A tip for you guys working on newer cars...when you push caliper piston back in you should open the brake bleeder screw and allow the fluid to push out. This prevents contaminated fluid from being pushed back into the ABS unit and causing problems with the valves. Most guys do not do that, but it is the correct procedure. If you are worried about the fluid making a mess you can put a piece of tubing on the bleeder screw draining into a reservoir or can.

My mother and the in-laws came over this evening and we had a nice family dinner to celebrate New Year.

Time to relax so I'm getting in a quick workout.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2019/1/2 1:37

Matatk Re: 2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

VB - hope the significant bother feels better soon!
Posted on: 2019/1/2 1:38

captmike13 Re: 2019
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Happy New Year gang. Been a quiet day here in ST Louis. Woke up early and we didn't do anything much at all. It felt good to do nothing. Mojo to the bf VB hoe he gets better soon. Back to work tomorrow. We hope this year will be better than last.

Posted on: 2019/1/2 2:20

captmike13@yahoo.com

pianoguy Re: 2019
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Phew, Christmas has been put away for another year - seems to take longer (and get heavier) every time.
Posted on: 2019/1/2 2:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: 2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I've got nothing accomplished today except to visit a flea market and take photos of about 187 things I want, none of which I need. I do this sometimes for a way of me to look up an item and/or decide if I REALLY want the thing or not. Crystal Rosenthal bowl, what looks to be a Murano tutti fruity art glass bowl, a set of stemware that matches as set of highball I saw elsewhere, etc. I managed to leave unscathed. Still kinda want that Merlin hand held 1978 game and that Mattel Football thing I saw. Not sure if they worked but brought back memories.
Thanks for the mojo for Arron. He's not come out from under the covers yet - temp still pretty high, won't eat or drink. I feel a fight coming on to get him to the doc.
Posted on: 2019/1/2 3:04

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Florida weather has been unseasonably warm. ........... Just sayin ........ I worked on the boat today getting it in ship shape for a one week stay in the Keys in about 3 weeks from now. New flares, lines, fire extinguisher. Cleaned up the battery terminals and cables and have the battery on a charger. Sucked out about 4 gallons of fuel. Was suprised. I thought there would have been more water and debris in the fuel. Doesn't look half bad. I used Stabil. Pulled a plug to see how the cylinders were and appeared to be lubricated. Might have to go exchange the battery. 2 years old. See if it holds a charge. Ordered a compass. They make the globes of plastic now. They suck big time. Don't last more than a couple of years . Used to last 5-7 when they were glass. Have to wash it good with some soap, bleach and water, rinse it good then touch up some of the rust stains with CLR. Check all the wiring connections air up the tires and a few other things that are escaping me at the moment. Like all the other toys, I really need to use them. Just seems like I have too much to do to play around too much. Like Brad eluded to, I think I get a lot done. It just takes me longer to do it. Cuts into my playtime.
Posted on: 2019/1/2 4:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.