Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 16 JAN 19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING---
Posted on: 2019/1/16 14:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 16 JAN 19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY AND NOT-SO-COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, GLOOM HAS AGAIN DESCENDED AGAIN UPON THE CHEROKEES. YESTERDAYS SUNSHINE WAS SO NICE.

GOT A LOT DONE YESTERDAY AFTER THE BORESCOPE, TOOK A BIG BOX OF EXCESS BOOKS TO THE LIBRARY TO DONATE, STILL GOT SOME TO GO. GOT THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FOR THE '95 BACK, THE BATEE BUNCH IS SO GREAT TO DEAL WITH!

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA OTHER THAN OUR HANDYMAN MAY SHOW UP, DEPENDING ON HOW HE FEELS. HIS CEMO GOT TO HIM BAD BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND THE WEATHER HAS NOT COOPERATED. HIS HEALTH DOES NOT SEEM TO BE IMPROVING.

"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."
Posted on: 2019/1/16 14:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: 16 JAN 19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

The word of the day is "ice" since that's what's covering everything. I took the dog for a walk around 11:30 last night and all of the sidewalks and roads had a nice thin sheet covering them. The salt trucks were out last night and the roads are much better but the sidewalks are still bad. I threw some salt down this morning on the walkway in front of the house. We are supposed to get a good amount of snow this upcoming weekend so hopefully the roads are clear of ice before then.

Speaking of snow I finally put my winter tires on the car yesterday. Not the most aesthetically pleasing but they handled well this morning taking the kids to school. The real test will be this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_20190115_175209.jpg (937.90 KB)
994_5c3f4c3c56de9.jpg 2878X1205 px

jpg  20190115_170248-1.jpg (399.69 KB)
994_5c3f4c476eb5d.jpg 2880X1182 px
Posted on: 2019/1/16 15:23

Matatk Re: 16 JAN 19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA OTHER THAN OUR HANDYMAN MAY SHOW UP, DEPENDING ON HOW HE FEELS. HIS CEMO GOT TO HIM BAD BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND THE WEATHER HAS NOT COOPERATED. HIS HEALTH DOES NOT SEEM TO BE IMPROVING.

Sorry to hear that. Absolutely horrible disease and I hope he pulls through.
Posted on: 2019/1/16 15:25

vetteblondie Re: 16 JAN 19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Gris, sympathies from here on the borescope -
question though for those of you who have - how long does it take one's digestion system to return to 'normal'?
Seems my guts aren't happy with anything I send that way other than rabbit food. Blessing in disguise I suppose?
Sorry also to hear about your handymans' health.
Cold and dreary here again. I have palms and things in the house that are not doing well - absolutely NO sun. Looks like I will have to go invest in some sun lamps or something, this is getting ridiculous.
Posted on: 2019/1/16 18:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: 16 JAN 19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys.... I was up at normal time, then packed stuff up. The temps weren't horrible, just below freezing, but not warming up much due to a little cold front moving through.

Went out to the shop for a while, then lumber truck showed up, so got my materials unloaded and put away. By then it was time to go eat at with the old folks. Came home took a shower and loaded all the luggage and waiting for Rosie to get home so we can head out for the wake service this evening.

Looks like the weather is getting "pooppy". Fog is moving in...looks like it might affect our trip east. Moisture in the form of rain....then snow is in the near future.

Well, Rosie just let me know she's headed home.....later folks.
Posted on: 2019/1/16 19:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: 16 JAN 19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Spent all day at a Precision Planting meeting....... great food! So the meeting was a success.

Fog rolled in here also and I have to take Lola to Des Moines tomorrow to pick up a load of seed corn. I'm already playing the trucking songs in my head. Lola has XM so I will be tuned into Prime Country listening to the oldies...... memo to self......do not forget to stop at the weigh stations.....

Have a very nice evening everyone.......
Posted on: 2019/1/17 0:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 16 JAN 19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Foggy trip. For the first hour (70 miles or so) visibility was only about 1/8 mile, and the temps were below freezing. As we made our way east the fog got better and the temps raised, but it got a lot wetter. Lots of people at the funeral home. I’m guessing the funeral will be the same tomorrow.
Posted on: 2019/1/17 2:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 16 JAN 19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Sorry to hear of everybody's troubles. Matt get some cheap plastic wheel covers from the discount parts store if you want the car to look pretty. Letty, maybe some probiotics might help.

Recap. Dropped off Suburban for brakes, oil change and had the shop order me a new AC/Delco battery for replacement. For the oil change they only charged me $35 My mechanics' secretary/cashier/in checker told me the charge is the same no matter how many quarts of oil they have to put in. That's a bargain for me. Jiffy Lube charges like $129 before coupon discount. I think I paid $79 with them last time when I got a pre trip oil change as a matter of convenience. Been giving the mechanic lots of work lately. After the first of the year we tighten up All the vehicles except for the poor 928. I'm buying a battery for that one tomorrow. 3 years has been about all I get out of a automotive battery lately. They say two things down here kill the batteries. Hot weather or cold weather. Worked around the home front then went to dinner and a movie (at the theater) with some neighbors. Time to go .....

Gahnite
Posted on: 2019/1/17 4:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.