Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  D44
This references the rear differential.

The D36 was the smaller unit. Used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes after that.

The ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

VB, glad to hear the surgery went well.

Tommy, glad Sue found her keys, but too bad about the bump and grind.

The discussion yesterday about heart health is definitely a good reminder for everyone. I think my dad was 55 when he had his grabber. Never hurts to have a check up. In fact, it might just save your life.

It has started to cool off a little bit after our freakish temperature swing. We're expecting freezing rain in the next day or two.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/2/5 6:47

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

CLOUDY, MISTY, AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GRAY DAY IN THE OFFING. THE CHEROKEES ARE RESIGNED TO GLOOM.

RESUPPLY DAY FOR DOG FOOD AND BIRDSEED. BEEN SEEING BLUEBIRDS DOWN BY THE BARN, HOPE THEY HANG AROUND. DARLING WIFE COOKING FOR A FUNERAL LUNCHEON, BROTHER OF ONE OF HER CHURCH FRIENDS. THE HANDYMAN DIED, AFTER ALL THE CHEMO AND RADIATION PNEUMONIA TOOK HIM OUT.

GLAD YOUR SURGERY WENT WELL LETTY, HOPE THE AFTER EFFECTS ARE BRIEF AND THE RELIEF PERMANENT.

MATT, IT WAS "JUST" THE MASTER CYLINDER AND HARVEY IS BACK ON THE ROAD.
Posted on: 2019/2/5 13:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I did not want to get up this morning. It never even came close to the high they were predicting yesterday, so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Today they are saying low 40s....I don't have much hope that is going to happen. We are under a winter weather advisory until noon. Heavy fog and misting creating slick surfaces.

Rosie and I are going to Holcomb (does that town sound familiar?... Think "In Cold Blood") to watch GS#2 play ball.
Posted on: 2019/2/5 14:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Sorry to hear about the handyman, Gris.
Posted on: 2019/2/5 14:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

its real cold here and dreary....I guess we had our one day of sunshine yesterday..... Raising my Yeti cup full of hot coffee in your direction VB....hope that all works out well.....

Today.......meetings all day.......might as well or I tend to spend to much time thinking of things my Grand Sport would like to have....... I tell it it has enough but it never listens.....

Have a day of sunshine in your hearts Guru's......... hmmmmmm......don't know about that one..... how about.... Have a day of sunshine on a beach somewhere...... yeah that's better........
Posted on: 2019/2/5 15:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had a 6 hour work day starting at the ungodly hour of 06:30 AM. A delivery down to "The Reef" followed with and unplanned re-reun with the skid steer and chain saws. All that activity left me little choice but to take a nap upon my return. A nice 2 hour nap. Wake up #2 now engaging. GRIS, sorry to hear about the handyman. He sounded like a determined man that would let nothing keep him down.

Letty

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
mono talks way too.

Must have been the medication talking.

I told Sue that if I come down with the big C my days of not drinking have come to an end. (Doesn't mean I'll be a drunk.) Depending on the type of cancer and recovery prospects, I would just run doing whatever the hell I want to the end. Just because it might be treatable doesn't mean I'll take the treatment. She can forget about deliveries. ;)

GRIS, know that I have nothing but high regard for your son's fight with cancer. I'm sure watching from where you sit it is as difficult a situation a parent or an individual can endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My neighbor had a brain tumor and survived the surgery. Is still going strong and working. Most of us don't know what we'll come down with till it happens.

My very good friend Jim died about 5 years ago from throat cancer or complications after the fact. My very good friend, Charlie had a major heart attack at 65. He's 70 now and still plugging along. Even works part time at HD. I don't have a lot of close friends or immediate family left. I can count them pretty much on two hands.

"One by one the old timers are gone."
Posted on: 2019/2/5 20:24

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

^^^Tommy lol, probably so - Fentanyl and who knows what else they gave me.
Sorry to hear about your handyman Gris. Prayers for them.
Day 2 post op and my sinuses feel like the worst stuffed up sinus mess you've ever had. All my upper teeth on that side are sore. If I had a dog chew or a teething ring I'd wear it out. Using anbesol. Both sides stopped totally up last night and some today. Left now reopened right not at all. That's the side he did the most work on though. The 'draining' has started so now I have a white gauze moustache to sport around.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Gloomy and foggy here and temps are steadily dropping
Posted on: 2019/2/5 22:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Letty , I remember my sinus surgery to open my right side. The drugs before surgery were top shelf. After the drugs wore off I felt like someone hit me in the head with a 2x4. It will pass. Funny thing was I didn't even realize how blocked I was till I could breathe again through my nose.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 0:17

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I feel like a dog that's chased a Freightliner and caught it, the hard way.
the sutures on the inside are stinging and hurting a lot. Now I can hardly open my mouth to get a bite of food in there and drinking from a water bottle and cup are difficult. Straws all over the house
Posted on: 2019/2/6 1:08

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Tuesday Chat 02.05.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

VB, glad to hear the surgery went well.

Agreed.

Posted on: 2019/2/6 1:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.