Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mirrors
Side mirrors: both should move in all directions.

A little whirring from the motor is normal....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Freezing rain overnight. Hopefully the roads aren't too slick in the morning. More temp fluctuations which are not welcome.

VB, I don't know exactly what sinus surgery you had, but I also had sinus surgery 2 1/2 years ago. The recovery was some of the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I had a very negative reaction with the prescription meds and had to stop taking them. Tylenol worked for me. The sinus rinses with the neti bottle were a huge pressure relief for me. (TOMMY INSERT PICTURE HERE )

Gris, sorry to hear about your friend/handyman. That's tough after the fight he put up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Attach file:

jpg  All In One.jpg (4.50 KB)
852_5c5ad389ac86f.jpg 210X162 px
Posted on: 2019/2/6 6:22
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2019/2/6 12:31:11

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

So, the other day Sue hosted the Ocean Reef Garden Club for a visit o the nursery and a good number of ladies from the club came. They bought plants to take with them, a few had some delivered and now Sue is getting landscape requests from residents of the compound. She looked at a couple of potential sites yesterday, one being a very large 5 bedroom, 3 bath on the ocean that has it's own private fountain in the water. Sue jokingly said to the homeowner, "What a beautiful home. I could live here." To which the homeowner responded "You are more than welcome to stay on the second floor.."Only the two of us live here and we stay on the first floor." Sue's worker googled up the home on Zillow. Last sale $24,000,000. Yesterday I had to sign up for a two day pass to enter the property. The cost s $8.00 per day and involves a thorough background check which includes suspended drivers license or lapsed insurance. Both result in the immediate forfeiture of your license which is turned over to on onsite Monroe County Sheriff. I really hate the Vulcan place. Rules on top of rules and fees on top of fees. Homeowners fees there can run in the hundreds of thousands. Oh, hell no ....... Sue actually has several clients there already. Looks like there is going to be more. Unfortunately some of us work to live and with Sue, she is more live to work. 14+ hour day yesterday. Of course some of it was sitting in front of the TV working on billing.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 12:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

In home-front news. 7 1/2 years ago we had a nice, active 10 acre farm field that was often planted with yellow squash or zucchini. Several years ago the property sold to a developer who in turn sold it to another developer and the 10 acre lot was subdivided into 19 parcels. The field is disappearing as well as the birds that called it home . Screech owls at night and swallows darted about at dusk and day visitors included ibis, wood storks and egrets. Overhead you find vultures, eagles, hawks and swallow tailed kites. In my yard I still enjoy the company of blue jays, cardinals, mockingbirds, sparrows, finches, wood peckers doves and more. One blessing of sorts. It's not an affordable housing development. Here is a few pics in the various stages of development.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_4806.JPG (52.01 KB)
852_5c5ade5979caa.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4802.JPG (39.06 KB)
852_5c5ade73c1549.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4801.JPG (39.19 KB)
852_5c5ade8a9c36b.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4803.JPG (45.35 KB)
852_5c5adeb1c3a34.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4807.JPG (44.94 KB)
852_5c5adec137068.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4808.JPG (48.89 KB)
852_5c5aded15726a.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_4809.JPG (44.30 KB)
852_5c5adedfa5f8d.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2019/2/6 13:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

One more thing. After Hurricane Andrew many people moved away and the county thought what a great idea it would be to revitalize the area and build affordable housing in the South end of the county. Development after development sprung up with Section 8 housing and subsidized housing and people and families moved in by the tens of thousands now. Homestead grew from a sleepy little city of 25,000 to over 80,000 now. There are many areas around South Florida that are shit holes. Even when Miami was a smaller city they had more than their fair share of shit holes. I guess the longer you stay in an area the more familiar you become with areas you choose to stay away from. I've been around here 40 years now. I like the warm weather. (not the hot weather). The Redland (this area) is the last refuge in this vast county for people that like country living. It gets smaller and smaller every year.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 13:41

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys... Still under the winter weather advisory. The weather gurus were wrong again yesterday....never got above 30, and the dense fog never cleared...two days in a row that they didn't even come close. Today they are saying low 40s.....I doubt seriously, if it will get there. They are saying dense freezing fog through mid afternoon.

Building drawers is on the agenda today, then moving those cabinets out to the storage building, until they are ready for them.

That sounds like a really stuck-up place, Tommy. Not sure I would feel comfortable there. They keep saying our area of Kansas is losing population (which we are),.. might be they are moving to your area.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 14:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Ya tee. Some stuck people that spend money freely. A couple of our customers there are cool though. One owns a charter boat fleet on Nantucket Island, Mass. He's pretty down to earth. Many are regular people but some have their heads in the clouds. You can only imagine what the HOA in that place must be like. I hate HOA's.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 14:56

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

COLD AND DRIPPY IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, SUPPOSED TO RAIN ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT, FREEZING RAIN TOMORROW. OH JOY---

TOMMY I'M WITH YOU, LIVING IN THE COUNTRY IS THE WAY TO GO AND HOA'S ARE INTOLERABLE.

LETTY, HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER.

FINALLY REMEMBERED TO SCHEDULE ANNUAL MAINTENANCE FOR THE MOWER, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO PICK IT UP TODAY. I USUALLY DO IN IN THE FALL BECAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT IN THE SPRING.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, GURUS.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 15:18

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Matt - the surgery I had was to correct a deviated septum then to rebuild a collapsed right nasal valve. I have been unable to breathe out the right side of my nose for quite a long time. It had gotten worse to the point of affecting my health and quality of life. My regular doctor ignored my pleas for help, instead he just kept giving me flonase and strips to use. I needed a permanent solution as this was a physical defect from we guess an old injury. Not an issue with allergies or swelling. My neurologist finally fast tracked this for me recently. Today sinuses are opened up some but my head hurts horribly and nose stings and burns, teeth hurt, everything hurts. I feel like I have the flu. I have some 'ocean water' saline spray prescribed that I'm to squirt up there 2x a day - i expected some sort of rinse but this is what they sent me with . I have some pain meds but trying to get by with acetaminophen 500s instead. I think hip surgery was less painful.
Weather here isn't helping, severe storms due in along with tornadoes and such.
Have a good day y'all
Posted on: 2019/2/6 17:39

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

They have a HO there? Tell them ok if you can bring the pigs and other livestock you care for.....

14 degrees and snowing........ 76 in Florida..... yeah baby....

Just staying in and working today. Got my new splitter in for the GS...... have not taken it out of the box yet....

Have a great day me amigo's

Good idea Gris....I better do the same.....mowing time is coming.....yay yay......
Posted on: 2019/2/6 17:49

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

healing mojo VB.....
Posted on: 2019/2/6 17:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 02.06.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, it has been a cold MFer today. Even though the temps have been in the low-mid 20s all day the freezing fog and dampness chills me to the bone in a hurry. Makes the trees and everything else look neat though.

Got the drawers made, assembled, finished and installed. With that done, I hauled the cabinets down to the storage shed until they are ready for them. This morning, a former student called and wanted to come by and visit. spent almost three hours chatting. One of my favorite students i ever had in class.

Good to hear you're doing OK Letty. Yea....freaking HOAs suck, Tommy.
Posted on: 2019/2/6 22:23

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.