Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

j3studio Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Posted on: 2019/2/7 14:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HOWDY JOHN---

CLOUDY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS, NORTH WIND BLOWING. THE CHEROKEES DO NOT APPROVE.
Posted on: 2019/2/7 14:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

#1 GRANDDAUGHTER, THE DOCTOR-TO-BE, WAS IN DC ON SOME SORT OF "RURAL HEALTH" BOONDOGGLE. WAS MOST UNDERWHELMED BY THE EFFICIENCY OF THE WHITEHOUSE STAFF. SEEMS TO ME TRUMP'S BIGGEST PROBLEM, ASIDE FROM THE UNENDING MALICE OF THE PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS AND THEIR MEDIA SUCK-UPS, IS INABILITY TO PICK EFFECTIVE AND LOYAL SUBORDINATES. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT GETTING THE RIGHT PERSON IN THE RIGHT SLOT THE FIRST STEP TO A SUCCESSFUL OPERATION.

AND SPEAKING OF THE PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS, HERE IS ONE OF THEIR POSTER CHILDREN:

Mr. Romney arrives in Washington with a ready-made reputation as a tormentor of Donald Trump, which endears him to Democrats and the tattered, decrepit Establishment wing of the Republican Party. These Republican elites of yesteryear, of polished manner and gracious propriety, had spent years learning to lose with grace and dignity, and the bumptious Mr. Trump came on scene with his vulgarity and coarse manner and showed them how to win an election with neither apology nor penitence. A couple of Republican senators, replaced as of Thursday, fled but those still here need a leader and Mr. Romney nominated himself.
WES PRUDEN

AS I HAVE OFTEN NOTED, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN MAKE THE REPUBLICANS LOOK GOOD IT TO COMPARE THEM WITH THE DEMOCRATS.

Posted on: 2019/2/7 15:02

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...didn't want to get out of bed this morning and having a hard time getting going. Cold, windy and snowy this morning. -15 to -20 wind chills and Rosie walked to work, it's not too far but she said she didn't want me take her.

Posted on: 2019/2/7 15:07

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

TEMP GOING DOWN, WIND SPEED GOING UP; TEE DID YOU LEAVE THE GATE OPEN?

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I told Sue that if I come down with the big C my days of not drinking have come to an end. (Doesn't mean I'll be a drunk.) Depending on the type of cancer and recovery prospects, I would just run doing whatever the hell I want to the end. Just because it might be treatable doesn't mean I'll take the treatment.

TOMMY THIS STRUCK A CORD WITH ME. THE CHEMO THAT MADE SON SO MISERABLE APPARENTLY DID LITTLE GOOD. HOPING FOR SOME SORT OF EXPERIMENTAL TX AT M D ANDERSON. MY FLORIDA COUSIN WITH BRAIN CA ENDURED ALL SORTS OF TREATMENT TO NO AVAIL. HE IS GETTING PALLIATIVE CARE, WAITING FOR THE END. THE HANDYMAN'S LUNG CA WAS ALMOST ERADICATED BY CHEMO AND RADIATION BUT IT LEFT HIM TOO WEAK TO SURVIVE PNEUMONIA. #1 SON-IN-LAW, THE ORTHO-SURGON HAS DECLARED THAT IF HE GETS CA HE WILL REFUSE TREATMENT.

MAKES ME WONDER---
Posted on: 2019/2/7 16:01
Edited by GRIS on 2019/2/7 16:18:10
Edited by GRIS on 2019/2/7 16:19:27

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
AS I HAVE OFTEN NOTED, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN MAKE THE REPUBLICANS LOOK GOOD IT TO COMPARE THEM WITH THE DEMOCRATS.

Early on I registered Democrat, could not embrace the Republicans and soon after declared my independence. I vote my conscience which has been somewhat conservative but in many cases I agree with what you wrote. For the Florida Senate I could not in good conscience vote for Rick Scott (R) or Marco Rubio (R) but certainly I would not support a liberal alternate either. Vulcan liberals are crazy.
Posted on: 2019/2/7 16:34

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Don't get me started on the Cancer research lifestyle that so many enjoy with so little to show for it. We collectively have poured Billions if not trillions of dollars into ongoing research employing tens of thousands of people......and we are no further along now then we were 30 years ago. When the cure will kill you as well as the cancer its not a good thing.

Were are the results of the ongoing studies? Why are they moving so slow.....? Those folks make a ton of money on research and also a ton of money on the various snake oil cures that do not work. Ok some of them will cure if its caught very early. But we have know that early detection is the foundation of recovery.

My Mom had breast cancer back in 1974.... I don't think there was even Chemo in existence back then. She underwent radical breast surgery and they took out all her lymph nodes also. The Doctors gave her little chance. The lead surgeon said that prayer was the only answer. So we prayed.

She just turned 96 and is as active as she was when she was 80. Go figure. She has a strong resilient faith in the Almighty and also in President Trump.... She is a force to be reckoned with.

My point is where is the progress after all these years?
Posted on: 2019/2/7 18:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Can I get this with a 6 car garage? just asking...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reales ... ide/ss-BBThVtx?ocid=ientp
Posted on: 2019/2/7 18:45

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Can I get this with a 6 car garage? just asking... http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reales ... ide/ss-BBThVtx?ocid=ientp

Where we live, you can't have more garage space than home space. This leads to things like a good friend of ours having a house with two more square feet than his garage.

I've often tempted by the thought of finding a retired fire house. Cars on the (very strong) ground floor, living space on the second.

Posted on: 2019/2/7 18:54

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 2/7/2019
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Can I get this with a 6 car garage? just asking...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reales ... ide/ss-BBThVtx?ocid=ientp

Looks like a Vulcan camper trailer which I think you could get cheaper than spending 100k on that. So ..... buy a couple of mobile home lots and on one build a 6 car garage .... on wheels Besides around here they won't allow those tiny homes except on a mobile home lot or lots that allow trailer homes.
Posted on: 2019/2/7 20:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.