Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

GOOD MORNING!
Posted on: 2019/2/9 12:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I have booked our cruises for 2019 leaving our December date open. April , July and October cruises going to the Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean and a fall trip to New England and Canada. Guaranteed a week off about every 80 days. Lucky for me I'm pretty much the vacation planner. They were all deals I couldn't refuse. ;) Thinking of a possible New Years cruise this year ......... There's got to be a morning after .....
Posted on: 2019/2/9 12:55

GRIS Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

THERE IS SUNSHINE IN THE NATIONS, BUT IT'S PRETTY WEAK. STILL COLD AND THEY SAY WE'RE IN FOR MORE RAIN. THE CHEROKEES ARE FED UP WITH WINTER.

NO CRUSES FOR ME, I GOT THAT ALL OUT OF MY SYSTEM IN 1966 CROSSING THE PACIFIC WITH 5,OOO CLOSE FRIENDS ON THE GOOD SHIP USNS POLK.

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN, WITH A CLUSTER OF BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARY, AND VALENTINES DAY. MUST GET OUT AND START LOOKING FOR GIFTS---

Sounds like a cluster something .....[/quote]

FO' SHO', A MONEY REMOVAL CLUSTER :-0

DID FIND SOMETHING FOR GRANDDAUGHTERS 1 & 2 WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK; DARLING WIFE WILL BE ANOTHER MATTER ENTIRELY.

"REMEMBER YOUR REGIMENT AND FOLLOW YOUR OFFICERS", GURUS!
Posted on: 2019/2/9 15:12

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Strong cold east wind blowing.......never a good thing when an east winds blows..... Going to work on installing my new splitter on the Corvette today.......in the nice warm shop...... if you can't drive em then work on em....is what I say........ no really I say that all the time.......

Have an epic weekend Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/2/9 15:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I was thinking it sounded like a cluster headache or a cluster well nevermind lol
Sun is out here again but it's still very cold - around 25 with high of 30s. I'd like to go hit some thrift stores and get out of the house. Last night was the first night I've slept good this week I think. Top four teeth still numb, nose still very very sore, head still hurts in front, upper lip feels like the size of a mattress. I feel like I look like a person from Whoville but I appear normal when I see myself.
Let's have a happy Saturday :D
Posted on: 2019/2/9 16:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

NO CRUSES FOR ME, I GOT THAT ALL OUT OF MY SYSTEM IN 1966 CROSSING THE PACIFIC WITH 5,OOO CLOSE FRIENDS ON THE GOOD SHIP USNS POLK.

Having experienced the big gray ships (CV-43, CV-63) and the big cruise ships (Celebrity Zenith, Celebrity Century, Cunard Queen Mary 2) , I'd say that there's just a tad of a difference …

Posted on: 2019/2/9 18:35

GRIS Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

Having experienced the big gray ships (CV-43, CV-63) and the big cruise ships (Celebrity Zenith, Celebrity Century, Cunard Queen Mary 2) , I'd say that there's just a tad of a difference …

WELL, THE FOOD WAS OK, AND THERE WAS GAMBLING, BUT A DIRE SHORTAGE OF DRINKING-WHISKY---
Posted on: 2019/2/9 19:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Shite! The airfare for Sue and I round trip to NYC cost me as much as the 7 day New England/Canada cruise.
Posted on: 2019/2/9 20:51

j3studio Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Shite! The airfare for Sue and I round trip to NYC cost me as much as the 7 day New England/Canada cruise.

High contention, especially in the fall—"Autumn in New York," and all that. Are you committed? Did you look at Newark? Who are you sailing with?

Posted on: 2019/2/9 20:55

Ultraman Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Amazing how they know just when you want to travel someplace and jack the rates......kinda like going to Florida over spring break.....

My advice pay the moola and in fact get the extra leg room seats....it will be worth it. Don't check a lot of bags though.....its a money drain.....

Ya VB.....my wife hit 4 of them in the Star City yesterday and came back all happy and excited about her finds.... I think it's good for what ails ya..... I highly recommend it...
Posted on: 2019/2/9 23:41

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Amazing how they know just when you want to travel someplace and jack the rates......kinda like going to Florida over spring break.....

My advice pay the moola and in fact get the extra leg room seats....it will be worth it. Don't check a lot of bags though.....its a money drain.....

Ya VB.....my wife hit 4 of them in the Star City yesterday and came back all happy and excited about her finds.... I think it's good for what ails ya..... I highly recommend it...

I shopped sites, airlines direct, AAA & AARP Travel. Best prices were with Delta and Jet Blue. I went with Jet Blue. Better departure/arrival times. Flying FLL to JFK. Going with Carnival out of the port at Manhattan. Came to around $650 with one bag in the belly each plus carry on and personal item. I added speedy security just in case. I have a 12:15 PM coming back from JFK and the boat gets in at 08:00 AM. American was $100 more without bags. I won't fly United out of principle. They blanked me over once. I didn't book air through Carnival because they get discounted, non refundable, non changeable tickets. I got non refundable changeable tickets. Newark was an option but I don't know Newark My cruise was cheap. I only had to pay port charges and taxes plus I took the vacation protection for another $49 each. Total to me was $747. for the cruise. Discount of over $2200 ($1100 each for a balcony)
Posted on: 2019/2/10 1:32

teebee Re: Once again, Sad Turd Day Chat 02.09.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys...been busy since the get go today. Assembling cabinets in the shop. Started out pretty nice, but when the wind started blowing the warmer temps didn't feel so warm. We got all the cabinets assembled and the owners came and took most of them away. They still have 5 more to pick up and haul to their house....tomorrow.

We have to make the trip back north to take #1 GS back to school. We'll do that after lunch and the plan is to stop and see my sister on the way home.

I'm tired and headed for bed.
Posted on: 2019/2/10 3:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.