Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
166 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone V. III. MMXIX
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Roman Numerals (prompted by GRIS)
Might as well use them. I learned it in school.

Last night I told Sue "I'm getting to old for lifting up the heavy pots and I'm going to start slowing down. The window is going to start getting smaller and smaller and after I'm 65 I don't want to do it anymore." Her response; "So, you don't want to help me anymore.".

This is well over years notice. I KNOW it won't matter to her. She'll be asking me to do $#!+ till the day I die. I can give all the notice I want. And her reason, "All I'm asking for is a little help."

Rigginfriggin sassafrason shidilibop
Posted on: 2019/3/5 12:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: V. III. MMXIX
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Catchy tune ........

Posted on: 2019/3/5 13:02

teebee Re: V. III. MMXIX
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys....I didn't want to get up this morning when the alarm went off. I'll go look at the texture job pretty soon, I might paint the ceiling, even though, I'm not a painter.

It is supposed to start a warming trend today. Yesterday, 17, today low 30s, the rest of the week, low 50s to almost 60.

I'm awaiting materials to come in for my next couple of jobs. I'm in need of getting things going...I don't sit around too well.
Posted on: 2019/3/5 14:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: V. III. MMXIX
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Sunny and cold...... what's new right? the benefit of living down south Teeb..... warm weather........

Got meetings so gotta go.....have a really great day Guru's......
Posted on: 2019/3/5 14:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: V. III. MMXIX
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, THE CHEROKEES CAN ENDURE THE COLD AS LONG AS THE SUN SHINES.

DARLING WIFE RETURNS TO ARKANSAS TODAY FOR MORE GRANDMA DUTY WHILE SON & DIL GO BACK TO HOUSTON. SWEETHEART AND I WILL DEFEND THE CASTLE AND LANDS UNTIL SHE RETURNS. TIME TO GET SWEETHEART SPAYED NOW THAT THE HEARTWORMS ARE ALL KILLED OUT. DOGGY DOC DAUGHTER WORKING OUT A SCHEDULE. THIS DAUGHTER IS A SOURCE OF WONDER TO ME; SHE SEEMS TO FUNCTION IN A STATE OF CHAOS, YET EVERYTHING GETS DONE AND GETS DONE WELL AND ON TIME. AMAZING!

RE THE DATES: WHILE REREADING CHURCHILL'S HISTORY I NOTICED FOR THE FIRST TIME THE MIX OF ARABIC AND ROMAN NUMERALS IN DATES ON THE DOCUMENTS. SEEMS A NEAT WAY TO AVOID CONFUSION. AN ENGLISH CONVENTION I GUESS, PROBABLY VICTORIAN AS WAS CHURCHILL HIMSELF.
Posted on: 2019/3/5 14:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: V. III. MMXIX
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Sunny and cold here too however the temps are due to rise right along with the water level - AGAIN. Rain due in this weekend with 'severe storms'. My depression is up 1000% because of all this gloomy rain flooding weather and cold we've had. Used to be March was warm spring. However, according to science, our sun, which is a star, is halfway through it's lifespan therefore it's expanding and getting hotter, thereby increasing Earth's temps, throwing off our environment. Explanations are nice but still don't make me any more happy about it. I hate it here. I want to move.
And, this weekend I found myself something I've been searching for, a bittersweet candle holder/lamp/vase thingy. Had it in a box with 2 other items, set the box on table wrong and walked off. The heavy Mikasa bowl threw it all off balance and it all hit the floor. the one thing I really wanted busted in a billion pieces, other two things that hit the ground first, managed to not have a chip on them. My entire week/weekend has been like that. Cousin home from the nursing home but I can't visit as they all have the flu up there and I was told to stay away. Fine with me, I don't want it, but did want to check on her.
I'm also on the search for a Jim Beam decanter (shown) and I find them and naturally they aren't anywhere close to me and when finding on facebook marketplace no body wants to ship. I even found a blue one for $12 but it's in Alabama. I do want the green one.
Hope everyone here has been good.

Attach file:

jpg  53704712_10218194200030265_4934861773212745728_n.jpg (4.94 KB)
619_5c7eabe0908ac.jpg 169X300 px

jpg  53221727_10218194200430275_3020063093779595264_n.jpg (77.81 KB)
619_5c7eabe768222.jpg 720X960 px

jpg  1_6fa8a1fcbe5337816f4a89e9af0e6228.jpg (38.05 KB)
619_5c7eac65e2ae0.jpg 810X1080 px
Posted on: 2019/3/5 17:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

I went over and painted the ceiling this morning....I wasn't going to, but I really needed something to keep me busy this morning. This afternoon, I'll be making some cutting board blanks for the school activities auction coming up next month. I'm donating a couple cutting boards with customized engraving on them. They buy the cutting board, and tell me what they want engraved and I'll do it.

It is warming up some all the way up to 28 right now, I think it will make it up to the low 30s like they are predicting.

Posted on: 2019/3/5 19:21

Resized Image

GRIS Re: V. III. MMXIX
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Her response; "So, you don't want to help me anymore.".

And her reason, "All I'm asking for is a little help."

AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT---

BEEN THERE; DONE THAT :-)
Posted on: 2019/3/5 22:04

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

CorvetteBob Re: V. III. MMXIX
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Just passin’ thru...
Have a great one folks!
Posted on: 2019/3/5 22:38

Ultraman Re: V. III. MMXIX
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Come on VB.....a little Super Glue and its all good.......
Posted on: 2019/3/6 0:17

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Well, got a call a few minutes after posting the last message, truck driver on his way with the cabinet materials. So I went out to the shop to get some things together. I stepped on a piece of plywood someone didn't pick up (me) it slid out and went down cracking my head hard on the concrete floor. I have a big knot on my head.

Anyway I went on down to school and got the fork and waited for the truck. Unloaded the materials and moved them over to the storage shed. I pulled all the face-frames and brought them back to the shop to stain and finish.

I then had church council meeting then back home to eat a late supper....my head still hurts and my ankle, which was back to about 90%, well, that was the foot that hit the plywood, so now my ankle is sore again too.

Just about time for bed.
Posted on: 2019/3/6 3:12

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: V. III. MMXIX
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

tee ...... old people do that kinda $#!+. And fall off ladders easily too. I was working on the pond fountain today high up on the ladder. I work alone most of the time. If something were to happen to me in the pond I'd be a goner. I make sure everything is steady. It's like when I work under a car I make sure I have jack stands. I know people that have had cars and trucks fall on them. I know another old timer that was working on one of his antique cars. He was working under the hood and the car caught fire. He sustained some serious burns. It didn't take him then but soon after he succumbed to his injuries. One of my mothers husbands was still climbing trees to cut branches in his 70's. We'll see what happens when I get there. Be careful. When I was in the pond today I kept telling myself to walk like I was on the moon. Still slipped a couple of times in the same spot. Slip sliding away.
Posted on: 2019/3/6 3:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.