Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Daily Chat 04.07.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Can you believe we're a week deep into April already?

Yesterday the topic was injuries....well, I've got a stubborn ol' father in law. He hurt his shoulder going on 9 months ago. Finally was hurting enough to go to the doctor and get an MRI. Torn rotator cuff. He will need surgery. He's of the mindset it's a quick surgery and back to work a week later. Doctor told him fat chance. My wife told him fat chance. I told him fat chance....I think he's finally starting to realize it. He's upset because it will impact his gardening. Funny, that caused the injury in the first place...

Stopped at Napa to get some oil and a filter for a spring oil change. It was advertised on sale but they don't make the filter for my car and wouldn't honor the price on the already lesser priced oil filter. I think that's BS. So I emailed customer service and they're opening a claim. I don't care about $3. I can buy oil anywhere. I care about customer service and doing the right thing. I'll keep you Gurus posted.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2019/4/7 5:25

teebee Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...seasonably cool this morning, 53 now and headed to mid 70s. I have a Knights of Columbus meeting in the town north of us this afternoon, about a 45 minute drive. Several of us are going, but Rosie and I will be taking the Corvette. So, this morning, I'll be rotating the vehicles around and detailing the Corvette some. I need to buff the hood and front end, at least, as I've noticed some really fine 'spider web' scratches there. Then I'll put a nice coat of Rejex.

Matt, I understand what you are saying, everyone boasts 'customer service', but only if it suits them.

I trust everyone will have a wonderful Sunday.
Posted on: 2019/4/7 13:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I went to the Home Depot site and put a couple of items in my cart. Got all the way through to pay for it and got cold feet. I closed the site and did not buy. I left the items in the cart though. I want them (Milwaukee lithium battery power tool set, add extra batteries) but I don't need them. Then Guy Harvey site tried to lure me in with a signed lithograph with a hundred dollar order. Got all the way through. When the shipping charges and tax were added I said, Nah, I don't need it, and closed the site. I really don't need much of anything but it's hard to to off the wants.
Posted on: 2019/4/7 13:53

Ultraman Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I suggest you go on Amazon and look around for stuff you don't need Tommy.... they have tons of it..... then if you buy it you will be supporting my daughters paycheck...... thank you .... thank you very much.... and you will be supporting Bezos alimony settlement of $137 Billion bucks to his ex............ damn...... she should not have to work anymore......

About as nice a morning as we have had since last fall I'm thinking.... its just about perfect out...... will need to clean up the Grand Sporty today.... it got rained on you know...... the C6 is an awesome car ..... it is comfortable to travel long distances and a lot about the car reminds me of my first 65 Vette..... which I loved dearly.... not that interested in a C7..... I like C6's......

Big Farm starting to wake up a bit..... but snow in the forecast for next Wednesday..... great...... glad Baseball is back...that means good weather is coming back to stay....

Have a generous day Guru's......
Posted on: 2019/4/7 14:47

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Tommy, I'm a huge fan of the Milwaukee battery tools. I have the M12 and M18 series in various different configurations. You should check on OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace as well as eBay for some better deals. Or you can also check out CPO Outlets online.
Posted on: 2019/4/7 18:55

vetteblondie Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

I used to use Amazon but quit when they started the tax mess. I just this week ordered some things from there and at the suggestion of my aunt, I got the one month free trial of Amazon Prime. Upon doing so, my previous $86.xx order ended up being $16.xx thanks to them kindly offering me $70 off if I then got their new credit card. I don't need it but heck for that sort of discount mkay.
Rained all day here, and will tomorrow also. Was absolutely beautiful all day Saturday, what happened? Of course Tuesday when I go back it will once again be nice.
I still got out and got more things planted , and got rained on and now feel like a wet dog.
Posted on: 2019/4/7 22:29

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

HEY ANDY, HOPE THE KNEE IS DOING BETTER.

GUNSHOW OVER, NO HITS, NO RUNS, NO ERRORS. DID TRY TO BUY A SLICK SKB O/U BUT SOME GREEDY JERK HAD ALREADY BOUGHT IT. NONE OF OUR BUNCH DID VERY WELL ON SALES BUT BOUGHT SOME STUFF. SEEMED SOME WERE DOING WELL, OTHERS NOT GOOD. OVER ALL THE TREND LINE SEEMED TO BE ASCENDING ALONG WITH THE GENERAL ECONOMY.

MARCUS I HOPE YOUR MOM AND DAD'S SITUATION IS STABILIZING. IT'S HARD TO KNOW JUST HOW MUCH AND WHAT TO WHEN DEALING WITH ELDERLY PARENTS.
Posted on: 2019/4/8 0:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I was listening to the local news today and they reported an elderly man shot and killed. He was 62. Who wrote that script? A teenager? Elderly my We don't have any elderly here though GRIS might start getting close in a few years ......
Posted on: 2019/4/8 2:53

teebee Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...it turned out to be a gorgeous day here. Got in the Corvette and got about a mile north of town and I said to Rosie,"I'm thinking of stopping and popping the top off" knowing she would say, I don't want my hair to blow. And to my surprise, she says, "Well, go back to the house so I can get a hat or something to hold my hair." So I whipped a u turn and headed back to the house. While she went in to get someting for her hair, I popped the top off and stored it in the back. 75 degrees and a bit of a north wind, couldn't hear the radio, but it really didn't matter, I was enjoying the sound of the Borla exhaust, the wind in my hair and the sun in my face.....Rosie tolerated it. Lots of comments from the guys....many who had never seen my car. The drive home was just as nice.

About time for bed......
Posted on: 2019/4/8 2:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Daily Chat 04.07.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Ahh.....topless cruising..... its what summers are made for....

Gris I have been on the phone talking to the VA and their long term nursing care but the one location we would want does not offer more then a 90 day stay. Plus at 96 and in a weakened condition..... I don't know if the stress of the move would be in his best interest. He can stay at the VA for $140 per day in their long term nursing facilities. That saves about half what it is costing him per day now. Plus Mom is costing about $5K a month but she has a couple of grand of that paid by insurance.

It is looking like we need to strike the best deal where they are at and make it work. If they were going back to Montana they should have done so a long time ago I am thinking....... plus I can get to Kansas in 2.5 hours ....not so much Montana..... but if his heart is set on going back to the Big Sky we will try and make it happen.

Got dang near hot here today...... but snow is coming......
Posted on: 2019/4/8 23:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.