Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
186 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Fourtennineteen.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Guten tag!
Posted on: 2019/4/10 12:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Fourtennineteen.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Had a real gully washer pass through yesterday. Part of the reason I got to take a nice nap yesterday afternoon. Temps are up in the mid 80's and humid on average lately. Guess that's a warm up for the mid 90's, hot and humid, for the Florida summer. I try to get as much done as I can outside of summer but that's rarely possible to get everything done. Just have to accept that about half the year it's Vulcan hot.

Posted on: 2019/4/10 12:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  melting.jpg (35.63 KB)
852_5cadde6eca891.jpg 437X299 px
Posted on: 2019/4/10 12:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

8 of our favorite ridiculously long German words

https://theweek.com/articles/463500/8- ... ulously-long-german-words
Posted on: 2019/4/10 12:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

And who can talk about Germany with out a little light heartedness.

Attach file:

jpg  Mein Shatzy.jpg (518.32 KB)
852_5cade1dda529b.jpg 964X1100 px
Posted on: 2019/4/10 12:30

GRIS Re: Fourtennineteen.
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7619 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE NATIONS AND IT'S 70 DEGREES OUTSIDE.
AIN'T NO FLIES ON THAT! BUT COOLER TOMORROW THEY SAY.

DARLING WIFE DUE BACK TODAY, OTHERWISE NEGATIVE REPORT

YEAH JOHN, TWO "PRIESTS" IS A LOT. THE EVOLUTION OF ARMORED VEHICLES IS INTERESTING. IF YOU GET TIRED OF WRITING ABOUT CARS THERE'S A NEW SUBJECT FOR YOU :-)
Posted on: 2019/4/10 13:20

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7619 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

And who can talk about Germany with out a little light heartedness.

AH YES, DEUTCHBOOBS UMBER ALLES---
Posted on: 2019/4/10 13:23

teebee Re: Fourtennineteen.
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys....Tommy, those prices are just a drop in the bucket, for a man of your means. You should buy two, just as vacation homes!

It's pretty nice start this morning, but as Marcus suggested yesterday, big changes are coming later today and tomorrow. They have taken the snow out of the equation for us, but I'm sure, on our travels to KC tomorrow we will run into some.

I went over to #2s house yesterday, as there was a leak in bathroom drain, and as you all may have heard, I hate f@#king plumbing, so I called my friend who plumbs and he came over and looked at it. Anyway, I told him I'd cut out the sheetrock so he could get to it. So I cut out the rock, 14" above the floor up to 26", which will give him plenty of room, and the drain looks good, no leaking there. But I turn on the water and go to the basement and water running out like crazy. So back upstairs and decide I need to cut out more rock. I cut out the 14" down to the floor and, f@#K, the cast iron drain pipe has a freaking crack 10" long and rusted out....a 1/4" wide gap! Well, that would explain the water leaking everywhere. I take pictures, and send them to me friend, it doesn't phase him. He'll get over when he can to fix it. After that, I come home to work on things in the shop. Nothing big, but kept busy all day.

Rosie, calls me and has something I need to come look at, at her office, and when I get there, I fix the little issue and then the other nurse, who has conspired with Rosie, says she brought in an old rocker, that was her grandmothers, that she needed me to strip.... Well Rosie said she would do it for her. I brought that home and threw some stripper on it and let it soak. I got a lot of the finish off the flat surfaces, but left the rest for Rosie to do, so she thinks twice about volunteering to do this again.

Happy 24th, John, and congrats on the book decision. Hunker down Marcus, it's coming your way.
Posted on: 2019/4/10 13:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33755 Posts

LOL.. I've been working on a brick patio deck on the side of the house. I decided to do it myself instead of bringing in our mason friend. So I have many hours (days) in moving sand, leveling, moving brick and laying it. Sue came and helped me the other day for 10 minutes. She helped load brick onto the golf cart dump bed. I guess that gives her bragging rights that she helped build the deck. She always does that $#!+. I put in 99% of the effort on my lone wolf projects but she always has to drive a nail, pick up a tool or something to get into the game.
Posted on: 2019/4/10 14:38

j3studio Re: Fourtennineteen.
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

YEAH JOHN, TWO "PRIESTS" IS A LOT. THE EVOLUTION OF ARMORED VEHICLES IS INTERESTING. IF YOU GET TIRED OF WRITING ABOUT CARS THERE'S A NEW SUBJECT FOR YOU.

Despite being a former naval person, tanks have alway interested me—perhaps because of my paternal grandfather, who was a colonel in the army. As you know, they share a lot of nomenclature with warships: hull, turret, deck, etc. However, their history seems well-trodden, everything from the big cultural treatises, to the highly illustrated, to the country-specific, to the model-specific. I'm delusional enough to think I'll be better off if I "hit them where they ain't."

Posted on: 2019/4/10 19:13

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7619 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

YEAH JOHN, TWO "PRIESTS" IS A LOT. THE EVOLUTION OF ARMORED VEHICLES IS INTERESTING. IF YOU GET TIRED OF WRITING ABOUT CARS THERE'S A NEW SUBJECT FOR YOU.

Despite being a former naval person, tanks have alway interested me—perhaps because of my paternal grandfather, who was a colonel in the army. As you know, they share a lot of nomenclature with warships: hull, turret, deck, etc. However, their history seems well-trodden, everything from the big cultural treatises, to the highly illustrated, to the country-specific, to the model-specific. I'm delusional enough to think I'll be better off if I "hit them where they ain't."

IT WORKED WELL FOR MACARTHUR :-)
Posted on: 2019/4/10 23:58

Matatk Re: Fourtennineteen.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

LOL.. I've been working on a brick patio deck on the side of the house. I decided to do it myself instead of bringing in our mason friend. So I have many hours (days) in moving sand, leveling, moving brick and laying it.

I'll stop by in the morning, Tommy. I'm sure the kids won't mind a 3 hour detour
Posted on: 2019/4/11 2:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.