Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, GRIS, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z15
A Collector Edition, RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone 04.15.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
Posted on: 2019/4/15 12:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: 04.15.18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Finishing up the 22' x 14' pad I put on the side of the house. There was more work there than I had thought but it's done and I kept over $1000 in my pocket instead of paying for the install. My neighbor stopped by and looked at it and said "If you gave me some business cards I'd hand them out." My response. "That's just what I need. More work." I have to sand the joints and border and put down some mulch. Mortared the outside border yesterday. Press forward Gurus. "A rolling stone gathers no moss."
Sue asked me last night what I was doing today. I guess she was hoping I'd say I don't have any plans. Aaaaannnk! Wrong answer.
Posted on: 2019/4/15 12:33

GRIS Re: 04.15.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

GOD IS EASIER TO SATISFY THAN THE FEDS ARE---AN INDICATOR, I'D SAY.

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE CHEROKEES, AND THE REST OF THE NATIONS ALSO, COOL AND BECOMING BREEZY. EVERYTHING IS SOAKED FROM ALL THE RAIN.

THE DOGWOODS ARE IN FULL BLOOM AND SOME OF THE AZALEAS. THINGS SEEM TO BE BLOOMING SEQUENTIALLY THIS YEAR, SO THE MULTI-COLOR DISPLAYS ARE MINIMAL. THE TORNADOES ARE STARTING TO BLOOM ALSO :-(

IT SOUNDS LIKE MY ONLY REMAINING PATERNAL FIRST COUSIN, WHO HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM BRAIN CANCER FOR TWO YEARS, IS ABOUT TO LEAVE US. FLORIDA IS TOO FAR TO GO FOR A FUNERAL, BUT HE MAY BE BURIED IN THE HEREDITARY FAMILY CEMETERY IN ROCKWALL COUNTY TEXAS. HE RESEMBLES MY DAD A LOT, PHYSICALLY AND IN PERSONALITY.

"WHAT WE KEPT WE LOST,
WHAT WE GAVE WE HAVE."
Posted on: 2019/4/15 13:16

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: 04.15.18
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Had an actual tornado warning at 3:21 AM this morning, startling a sleepy Philadelphia area. No one hurt. With the hilly land around here, it's hard to tell the small tornados from the severe thunderstorms—the meteorologists argue endlessly over the distinction.

18,500 words/59 pages on the Riviera project.

Posted on: 2019/4/15 13:45

Ultraman Re: 04.15.18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

I liked the early Riviera's best I think..... I would like to have one now to go to church in...... Truly a fine American personal conveyance for the more sport minded businessman....... Marcus You can quote me in your book John........

Farmers have gone off the deep end.....had to work saturday and sunday..... and now today again...... I guess I better start thinking about my taxes due........ I'm sure its a Freudian thing..... my avoidance of paying my hard earned money down a long black hole...... but someone has to do it right? Most of my money will go to service the massive debt those idiots in Washington have dug for us...... both sides of the isle...... and now they are trying to tell me debt is a good thing...... uh huh......

Keep the home fires lit Guru's.......
Posted on: 2019/4/15 14:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: 04.15.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Afternoon guys, up pretty early to see off the kids to school and number one off to work. After that we headed west stopped in the capital city to look at some lumber for table top I need to make. Then on down the road West to Salina stopped for gas. Now we are at father-in-law‘s house and Rosie is going to see her sister, whose birthday is today. Once we are done with that we will head on West and hopefully, be home by the middle of the afternoon.

The weather has been pretty nice upper 60s and low 70s so far. A little bit of a self breeze has been pushing against us. I’ll check in later when we get home. Have a great day.
Posted on: 2019/4/15 17:20

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 04.15.18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I guess I better start thinking about my taxes due........ I'm sure its a Freudian thing..... my avoidance of paying my hard earned money down a long black hole...... but someone has to do it right? Most of my money will go to service the massive debt those idiots in Washington have dug for us...... both sides of the isle...... and now they are trying to tell me debt is a good thing......

SO HERE'S THE GRIS SOLUTION TO TAX POLICY:

15% ACROSS THE BOARD FLAT TAX ON ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE NO MATTER THE AMOUNT

NO DEDUCTIONS OF ANY SORT

NO "NON PROFITS"---ANY PERSON OR ENTITY THAT OWNS PROPERTY OR MEETS A PAYROLL PAYS TAX

WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THE UNEMPLOYED TAX LAWYERS, ACCOUNTANTS, AND BUREAUCRATS? WELL, SOMEBODY HAS TO SWEEP THE STREETS AND PICK UP GARBAGE ;-)

INCIDENTALLY, I INVERTED THE QUOTATION IN MY MORNING POST; IT SHOULD BE:

"WHAT WE GAVE WE HAVE,
WHAT WE KEPT WE LOST."
Posted on: 2019/4/16 1:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: 04.15.18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Made it home....unloaded the car, put things away, then I changed oil in the Caddy and filled it up with gas. While I did that Rosie mowed the lawn here. Then we went down to the storage shed and we mowed there too. Then back home and dug up the broken sprinkler head and fixed that...first time a plumbing project worked out reasonably right for me. I hate f@#king plumbing.

I'm tired and headed to bed.
Posted on: 2019/4/16 3:17

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.